TOP TEN EPISODES
About The Cornhusker Vortex: it would've been nice if H. didn't run off again and abandon Raj, in the very last scene. That would've been character development, if he learned a little something about loyalty and being more considerate towards Raj. Which he did, earlier in that episode, but sitcoms always seem to have the "stinger" at the end, which un-does what happened before.

Of course, it's funny that he runs off again, because he's incorrigible, and it's funny that Raj is left sitting there on the bench, saying "What a douche!", but it would've been cute and satisfying if it had ended with the two of them just sitting there, enjoying each other's company. So, it's kind of a conundrum: it can be satisfying to watch the characters learn from their mistakes, but it's often funnier to watch them behaving badly.

*That* is the type of "growth" or character-development I'm in favor of. Small-scale stuff. Small but significant. There doesn't have to be weeping and wailing and tearing your hair out.

Another good example of character development on a small scale, IMO, is when Raj apologizes to Penny in the hallway, after he acted ridiculous in "The Griffin Equivalency." It shows that the characters can learn from their mistakes, but it's not weepy and dreary. It's quick, cute, and in-character.

[Image: 2aeqbfr.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Toad, Nutz
Right you retentive souls, we can’t make a TOP TEN feature page until we actually HAVE a Top Ten list, strange as it may sound.

So, Devil, Space, Ricardo, Nutz, Witchdoctor, Mr Ses, WellPlayed, Gamma, Berliner, Jomi, LewStonewar, Moonbase (wherever the devil you are…), CassandraElise and the charming FranEssi – You all get Virgin Cuba Libres until you provide us with your TOP TEN. (Queen, Toad, Gripe, Monkey & Louise get Grasshoppers.)
This request includes the honourable OWNER of the site – Tuesday Pajamas. Where, prithee are YOUR ten O chief? sass

I shan’t hassle the rest of you…yet.

Here's the list as it stands now. Please add yer Top Ten dear chaps, and I'll update it. Blossom

(I know you probably think you have better things to do...like almost anything...but...well yes, alright...go and do them...)

S1
The Luminous Fish Effect 4
The Pancake Batter Anomaly 3
The Jerusalem Duality 2
The Pork Chop Indeterminacy 1
The Nerdvana Annihilation 1
The Bat Jar Conjecture 1
S2
The Panty Piñata Polarization 5
The Vegas Renormalization 3
The Barbarian Sublimation 3
The Euclid Alternative 2
The Terminator Decoupling 1
The Cushion Saturation 1
The Friendship Algorithm 1
S3
The Adhesive Duck Deficiency 4
The Einstein Approximation 3
The Pants Alternative 2
The Excelsior Acquisition 2
The Pirate Solution 1
The Gothowitz Deviation 1
The Staircase Implementation 1
The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary 1
The Gorilla Experiment 1
The Cornhusker Vortex 1
The Jiminy Conjecture 1
S4
The Robotic Manipulation 2
The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification 1
The Justice League Recombination 1
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
It really is hard to whittle them down to 10. There are a lot of episodes that I like the A plot but the B plot brings it down(like in Bath Item I often skip the whining Leonard bits).

Season 1
The Luminous Fish Effect
Pancake Batter Anomaly

Season 2
The Panty Pinata Polarization
The Barbarian Sublimation
The Euclid Alternative
The Worksong Nanocluster
The Terminator Decoupling

Season 3
TADD
The Excelsior Acquisition
The Einstein Approximation
The Gorilla Experiment

I know, Gorilla is one too many.
You know looking at this list it funny how a lot of the most popular episodes don't really have an A and B plot. And if they do have a B plot(like Howard and Raj looking for the model house) its still kind of connected to the main plot. Aside from the character destruction the newer episodes are really just too fragmented for a 22minute show.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Interesting Top 12 selection here by digitalspy, there's a lot of Sheldon and Penny.

I love all of these except the last 4.

8 are from the early seasons so its a thumbs up from me.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s217/th...BaMIeUobfu
I find it hysterical that they decided to do a top 12. It's like they realized oh crap, 9 of the best episodes happened in seasons 1-4. I need to throw a bone to some of the later seasons so people won't realize what total garbage this show's turned into.

I'll have my final top 10 list to you soon
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
I've finally finished my story so I can work on my backlog of things here. Step one--the list:

Season One
The Luminous Fish Effect
The Big Bran Hypothesis

Season Two
The Panty Pinata Polarization
The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis

Season Three
The Gothowitz Deviation
The Gorilla Experiment
The Pants Alternative
The Staircase Implementation

Season Four
The Thespian Catalyst
Let's go exploring!
The following 3 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Nutz
Right. Currently our Top Ten All Time Big Bang list stands thusly;

S1
The Luminous Fish Effect
The Pancake Batter Anomaly

S2
The Panty Piñata Polarization
The Vegas Renormalization
The Euclid Alternative

S3
The Adhesive Duck Deficiency
The Einstein Approximation
The Pants Alternative
The Excelsior Acquisition

This will presumably fluctuate once some more folk vote. The betrayal is immense. I shall go and dwell in the jungle with my despair.

[Image: tumblr_lzgl09wYyd1qdahp7.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
This was a lot harder then I thought it would be, but here it is. In the future you might want to consider a top 5 must see list for each season Big Grin

Season 1
Luminious Fish Effect
Pancake Batter Anomaly
Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization

Season 2
Panty Piñata Polarization
Euclid Alternative
Cushion Saturation
Bath Item Gift Hypothesis
Barbarian Sublimation (Honorable Mention)
Vegas Normalization (Honorable Mention)
Work Song Nanocluster (Honorable Mention)

Season 3
Adhesive Duck Deficiency
Excelsior Acquistion
Gorilla Experiment
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
all of this episode talk is making me want to re-watch the older seasons of tbbt...
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Toad
The Big Bang Theory Channel at YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/thebigbangtheory

Top 10 most Popular Uploads
#1 Soft Kitty with 3,651,353 views

#2 Who's Smarter with 1,936,833 views

#3 The Problem with Teleportation with 1,738,689 views