Emmy Awards
Emmys 2015 are on the 20th September.

Now I don't usually comment on things like this but I'm so tried of seeing Mayim Bialik every few months stirring up some controversy, just to stay in the news. Her latest target is Hollywood for various reasons, but I can't help thinking is because she's low in the stakes to win the Emmy. ENOUGH!

Now I don't want this post to start a barrage of actor abuse as its against our forum rules but I think this is fair criticism.
Well, since the show doesn't premier till after the Emmys and ballots went out last week, MB has to do something to remind people she exists. Meanwhile some of the voters are scratching their heads thinking "Blossom is still on the air?"
Maybe they are Dev. Well, if all the cast go to the Emmys we might get some nice pics at any rate.
With nominations for this years Emmys announced in two weeks, here are the predictions so far:

Outstanding Comedy Series
Last Year’s Winner: “Veep”
Predicted Nominees:
1. “Veep”
2. “Transparent”
3. “Black-ish”
4. “Master of None”
5. “Modern Family”
6. “Silicon Valley”
7. “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Last Year’s Winner: Jeffrey Tambor, “Transparent”

Predicted Nominees:
1. Jeffrey Tambor, “Transparent”
2. Aziz Ansari, “Master of None”
3. Anthony Anderson, “Black-ish”
4. William H. Macy, “Shameless”
5. Don Cheadle, “House of Lies”
6. Rob Lowe, “The Grinder”

Last year Jim wasn't nominated, I don't think we'll see his name on there this year either.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Last Year’s Winner: Allison Janney, “Mom”

Predicted Nominees:
1. Allison Janney, “Mom”
2. Anna Chlumsky, “Veep”
3. Judith Light, “Transparent”
4. Julie Bowen, “Modern Family”
5. Kate McKinnon, “Saturday Night Live”
6. Mayim Bialik, “The Big Bang Theory”

Nominations will be annouced July 17th.
I've seen some lists that have said that since Jim wasn't on last years that he'll be on this years. I kinda believe that... But we won't know for two weeks so this is clearly speculation...
Bitches be crazy. 
The trend is clearly away from network programming and towards riskier cable and streaming material.
Emmy nominations are annouced this week starting with: Best Comedy Multi-Camera Editing frontrunners...

(“The Big Bang Theory” has won this award the last two years and been nominated for the last five.)

1. “The Big Bang Theory” season 9: “The Opening Night Excitation” (Peter Chakos)

2. “The Carmichael Show” season 2: “Protest” (Kirk Benson)

3. “Fuller House” season 1: “Funner House” (Richard Candib)

4. “Horace and Pete” season 1: “Episode 3” (Gina Sansom)

5. “Mike & Molly” season 6: “I See Love” (Stephen Prime)

6. “Mom” season 3: “Atticus Finch and the Downtrodden” (Ben Bosse)

7. “Mom” season 3: “Kreplach and a Tiny Tush” (Joseph Bella)

8. “The Ranch” season 1: “Til It’s Gone” (Michael Karlich)

9. “2 Broke Girls” season 5: “And the Sax Problem” (Darryl Bates)
The Emmys nods were announced tonight. There were no major nominations for the main cast or the show, just a spatter of guest star and production noms.

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy Series
Bob Newhart, “The Big Bang Theory”

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
Laurie Metcalf, “The Big Bang Theory"
Christine Baranski, “The Big Bang Theory”

Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour Or Less)
The Big Bang Theory

Outstanding Cinematography For A Multi-Camera Series
The Big Bang Theory

Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series
Peter Chakos, “The Big Bang Theory”

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series

The Big Bang Theory • The Celebration Experimentation • CBS • Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/...story.html

Jim won Primetime Emmy Awards in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

[Image: jim-parson-1024.jpg]

He was nominated every year since season 2....2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 till Season 7.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz
The Show:
The last two years it's been really noticeable that TPTB went from Sit-Com to Rom-Com, For the people voting who don't watch the show (and most of them don't) the episode they're given to view is a window into the core of the show. If you haven't watch the show at all what you get from TPTB's submission of "Opening Night" is a man who decides to have sex not because he wants to, but because it is expected. A woman when given the chance to truly show her love for this man by taking some time when he shows up nervous and uncomfortable, instead selfishly wastes no time on his feelings and pushes him into the bedroom as fast as she can. Plus a B plot that is supposed to be about the Geekiness this show used to be about but is Bastardized to show how much Geek movies are a lot like sex as they flip back and forth between what should be the most intimate moment in a persons life and a movie. So it's not surprising people watched this episode and went.... Pass.

You hear in singing contests "song choice, song choice, song choice" it means that even if you have a great voice picking the wrong song can send you home. Well TPTB definitely picked the wrong song. I have a feeling If they had picked "helium" they would've been nominated.

Jim Parsons:
I'm not sure what episode they used for his submission, but this whole season has been broken up into Sheldon supposedly having "growth moments" there was no:
The Pants Alternative - Why Parsons won: Parsons takes his performance to the next level with Sheldon’s out-of-character behavior while remaining in character as the neurotic professor, with drunk-confident one-liners, an energetic periodic table rehearsal, slurred speech and slowed hangover phase.

The Agreement Dissection - Why Parsons won: By this point, Parsons has mastered Sheldon’s range of emotions without showing too much emotion, staying true to his character. The episode showcases Sheldon’s most erratic and cautious behavior, narcissistic and elitist personality and, ultimately, just enough empathy to prove the socially awkward guy does care for Amy.

The Habitation Configuration - Why Parsons won: Once again, Parsons masterfully delivers convoluted scientific jargon while acting drunk. Here, he adds the Texas accent to the mix and takes on a different persona. Parsons is also able to convincingly convey different dimensions of Sheldon’s personality, from his stubborn, social hopelessness to his surprising sass.

The Relationship Diremption - Why Parsons won: It’s an energetic episode that shows Sheldon out of his typical conservative character and showcases Parsons’ entertaining vocal range — from a mechanical monotone to the sing-song, wild jokes that he leaves on Hawking’s voicemail.

Now that they have turned Sheldon into a love sick man-child who has to have special child snack containers and stuffed animals given to him by his keeper, I mean partner, there is nothing about Sheldon that makes him interesting, different and special... Especially to voters that have seen this trope (done better) a million times before.*

Mayim Bialik:
The broad over-acted comedy style will only take you so far (especially on a network show) and when the Emmys cut the supporting actress nominations from eight (last year) down to six it guaranteed Bialik was out.

* Why he won was taken from Variety Breaking Down Jim Parsons Emmy Winning Performances
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 6 users Like Nutz's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, spuffyfan, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26, chaotic temptation
YAASSSSSSSSS *claps* YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Bitches be crazy.