2 Dirty Socks
9.09%
1 9.09%
3 Dirty Socks
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.02 The Junior Professor Solution (September 22)
(09-25-2014, 07:48 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: As for the 'besties' plot line I have to admit that I tuned it out for the most part. Having Amy play off of her friends and find it titillating her high school imagination is beyond sad. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really recall people who've been bullied in high school wanting to relive it, even if for more 'positive' results. However, playing one 'friend' off another isn't exactly positive, is it? If this is how 'adult Amy' treats her other adult friends I'd hate to see how she would have been if she'd been a teenager with friends. Or wait, am I supposed to believe that 'all teenage girls act like this' and therefore this is acceptable behavior? Again, as someone who liked s4 Amy, I wish I could say that I can't believe what new lows the writers go to when it comes to her but I'd have to have my head examined given the state of everyone else on the show.

I think what Amy did was horrible--something that on any other show but this one would be done by the villain/bitch/rival to the detriment of the protagonists. But like the Arctic, there is no reprimand for the dastardly deed. Amy gets away with treating her friends the way she does and all goes back to status quo.

Yes I watched the "bestie" B plot and wondered again why people like the Amy character. Its one thing to be stuck between 2 feuding friends and listen and sympathize with each, but as friend to both you would think she would try to calm the situation down and maybe help each understand the others motivations. Or just listen to each and otherwise stay out of it. Not Amy though. No she tries to actively fan the flames because it made her feel more important. That certainly shows the kind of friend she is. She really gave no thought to anything other than now she was "the popular one". Of course in the end she wasn't that important- Penny and Bernadette didn't let Amy's machinations push them further apart, and she played no role in their reconciliation.

This could be an amusing subplot if Amy had some sort of comeuppance. But as you said there is no consequence to her actions. She gets off without any kind of justice for the self-absorbed game she was playing. This is a real problem I have with Amy. She has become like Leonard, no matter what they do it never comes back to bite them. All the other characters have consequences(maybe not Bernadette?) but not these two. On top of that the writers throw out these little tidbits about their childhood and adolescence that make it clear you are suppose to sympathize with them, and that what they suffered through makes the characters current douchiness okay. Yeah, that really doesn't work for me. Dodgy

I didn't mind the guys A plot. It was amusing in spots. I could have done without the spitball in the mouth, but hey. I did like the tag scene with the guys answering questions for candy. That was amusing. Blossom
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 2 users Like Gamma's post:
  • devilbk, Toad

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8.02 The Junior Professor Solution (September 22) - by Gamma - 09-25-2014, 10:13 AM