2 Dirty Socks
9.09%
1 9.09%
3 Dirty Socks
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.02 The Junior Professor Solution (September 22)
Sheldon is given a Junior Professor job, but now had to teach graduate students. Angry No one signs up for his course except Howard. Sock Bernie is worried that Penny won't perform well in the job that she got her based upon her performance as a waitress. Confused
Well Qers the new picture are here:

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-06.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-01.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-02.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-03.jpg]
BOY does Penny look beautiful and so classy...

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-04.jpg]
[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-05.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-07.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-08.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-09.jpg]
[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-10.jpg]

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-8x02-11.jpg]
Clunky title. Not even "The Professor Protege", or "The Professor Procedure", or "The Professor Protocol"? See, I'm a better writer than the writers Tongue Gimme an Emmy...

Simon is cute no matter what. I think he's still a touch too thin, at the moment. Glad to see the hair is a bit longer and smoother. It was too wide, for a while. I like repurposing the screencaps and imagining a different storyline.
Still, I wouldn't watch this if you offered me a box of chocolates, a sixpack of beer, and an Amazon giftcard. Are they pulling Sheldon's tooth, in that pic???
(09-10-2014, 07:50 AM)Louise Wrote: Are they pulling Sheldon's tooth, in that pic???

Maybe the tooth is resisting change. Maybe the tooth is sticking to its principles, so they have to get rid of it. The tooth is the last vestige of Vintage Sheldon.

(Do you think I've laboured the point enough?)

And where is the COOPERSUIT? What is this faux grown-up, serious-looking shit?
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales
What's-her-face has a wig/weave/extensions. I'd bet money.

Is Raj's hair different? Boo, hiss. I love how TPTB think minor changes, such as hairstyles and clothes, will do something for this show. They're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Parsons' delivery is still bothering the hell out of me...You know there's something wrong when your favourite character speaks and your brain starts up an internal monologue of "shutupshutupshutupshutupshutup"...

I love the fellow, but why the devil is he playing it like this? Why so loud? He's been like this since the very first episode of Season 5. The only previous instance of it was in Bus Pants, when he is INTENTIONALLY meant to be aggravating.

On other matters...Does anyone else find it incongruous that they've made Sheldon like Koalas? It's one of these things they also brought in in Season 5, along with an increase in his Stupidisms and general infantilism.

The chap wanted a bloody GRIFFIN as a child...

He avowedly likes cows, cats and monkeys. Every other animal he's mentioned liking has a specific purpose. No animal exceeds the relative fighting strength of the Army Ant. A Dogapus can play fetch with eight balls. A griffin is a faithful companion that one can snuggle with at night, and yet would be capable of killing upon telepathic command.

What purpose does a koala serve? Quote "I don’t know what it is, when they smart munching on eucalyptus, I just melt inside."
Puke

These cutesy-wutsey moments they keep giving him make me cringe.
Let's not even START on that fucking Blue Jay!

Grumble mutter kvetch etc.

Sheldumb McShouty aside, this seems like a concerted effort to reset to the Vintage Years. The hypothetical discussions, the group-centric, couch-centered dining etc.
So good for them!

Although as Louise mentioned, it's just rearranging deck chairs at this point...

Still...one hopes!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
I give this clip one and a half thumbs up, because Titmouse didn't say anything and was barely pictured. Minus the koala part, which is kinda incongruous, this was like a conversation from the old days...

The guys seem to like imagining combinations of things: Vampire + Zombie = Zompire, etc...

Then again, this clip was 56 seconds long, so...

ETA: you're right, it's not a bad scene at all, and it is reminiscent of their classic conversations. I just found myself, from the very first frame, intensely wishing that the women weren't there...