2 Dirty Socks
33.33%
4 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22)
Some good stuff from Kaley during the job interview ("People, people, people...") but by and large the episode is a total suckfest. Watching a pantsless, disheveled Sheldumb frantically assert that he's "a world-renowned physicist" is simply too painful to bear. And it's doubly compounded by Jim's bizarre acting choices, a too-loud delivery and a lot of ineffectual flapping. It's as if he's completely forgotten how to summon that coolly modulated alien persona that distinguishes Vintage Sheldon from this buffoonish incarnation. Granted he's given precious little to work with, but still...

And, sorry, but more than ever I'm creeped out by Amy. The scene in the car just reinforces for me how thoroughly unpleasant she can be, scolding Sheldon one minute, mouthing some maudlin twaddle the next, then slowly settling back with a weirdly glazed smile of...adoration? Triumph? I don't know. Bialik isn't able to convince me of anything other than the character's desperate fixation.

And yes, I get it, it's all about The Couples, the writers halfheartedly serving up very few "geek" scenarios now. Sadly they mainly annoy me because of the whiff of the obligatory. It's checklist plotting for the most part. Nerd reference? Check. Dumb Penny? Unh-huh. Sheldon behaving like a dick? Yep. But the audience the show has been re-tooled for seems to love it, so what do I know. And their allegiances are quite palpably felt as they groan at Mean Sheldon but then froth excitedly not 3 minutes later at a dopey coitus reference. What a wild ride it must be.
OH PLEASE...
The following 9 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FlyingMonkey, Jomi25, Gamma, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Berliner, Nutz, CassandraElise

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22) - by Toad - 09-23-2014, 10:41 AM