2 Dirty Socks
33.33%
4 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22)
(09-15-2014, 08:51 PM)ses1515 Wrote: Many have made the point Gripe that we are getting more JP now than we are Sheldon. If JP has the power to add more of himself maybe he should demand more Shenny scenes?

Parsons wanted a relationship for Sheldon with Leslie Winkle. "If the hate burns bright, why can't the love?" was I believe his rationale. By his own admission he DID badger them, and he got bupkis. Or rather, two years later he got Fowler (which is completely opposite to the kind of relationship he envisioned for Sheldon with Winkle, I might add). Anyroad, now he's got a relationship, although it's not the sort of vivid romance he might have envisioned for Sheldon (or for himself to show off his romantic chops) it's still a protocol relationship, so there's no reason for him to complain.

Except about the complete destruction of his character, but to be fair, he doesn't watch the early seasons obsessively (or potentially even at all) so it's possible he's completely unaware of the change. Although he IS aware that Sheldon is more JP nowadays than Sheldon, evidently. There was that interview where he said they ask him to incorporate certain mannerisms of his own into the Sheldon character, and he found that baffling.
If anyone finds that interview, let me know. I've lost the fucker.

PJ -

Of course S/P scenes sell the show. They're the whole basis for the (widely accepted as) brilliant first three seasons. (You know, those seasons that win all the Polls and contain the iconic episodes that Joe Public lists when asked his favourites...)

Very simple reasons behind it;

a) Sheldon and Penny are the two most popular characters by a VERY long damn way, b) the clash of worlds is a comedic staple, c) the reaction shots of Sheldon to Penny and Penny to Sheldon utilise the full scope of the actors' comedic talents (and this IS meant to be a bloody comedy).
They play off each other with remarkable facility. They are the classic comedy duo. But we know this. The public know this. Even the bloody Powers That Be know this, but yet they choose to grimly plod on with the 'romance', like a man pushing a square-wheeled cart up a mountain for no purpose.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22) - by Idle Miscreant - 09-16-2014, 06:10 AM