2 Dirty Socks
33.33%
4 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22)
(09-15-2014, 12:36 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: Considering I'm not watching this next season (or tomorrow's and tomorrow's and...) I don't know why I care, but I'm greatly disappointed to see no reappearance of the Vintage Sheldon voice. I was hoping Parsons might resurrect it.

But no, it's that bloody annoying, nasally flat twang again. It's abrasive, grating and far too loud. It's the voice we all turn the volume down on in our house. We can tell what season it is based on whether we can hear Sheldon from three rooms away.

Sheldon had a beautiful, modulated, fluting voice for the first four years...WHAT THE DEVIL HAPPENED TO IT?

Take any scene at random (barring the scenes where he's imitating his parents), and bloody LISTEN to it!

It was the voice which partially marked him out as different, an alien species. Now he just sounds like a redneck. Or rather, like his parents ALL THE TIME. Possibly that's the point, in which case that's both unoriginal and HIGHLY FUCKING DEPRESSING.
'Tis a terrible loss.
Angry

Many have made the point Gripe that we are getting more JP now than we are Sheldon. If JP has the power to add more of himself maybe he should demand more Shenny scenes?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22) - by Trust No One - 09-15-2014, 08:51 PM