2 Dirty Socks
33.33%
4 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22)
(09-16-2014, 07:11 AM)Louise Wrote: Just yesterday, I was thinking that even though I don't study Sheldon as devotedly as some of you, I can feel the "wrongness" of what they've done with him. It provokes an instinctive, gut-level feeling of wrongness, and it's saddening.

It reminds me of the scene Toad just put in the Grumblebox;

[Image: tumblr_l0xhceXgX51qzy8ogo1_1280.jpg?AWSA...rXo%3D#_=_]

If you can't see WHY the bit about the Panda is WRONG, then there's no hope for you, aesthetically...
I love being fascist in the morning.
What they've reduced Sheldon to (ie, one half of Shamy) is the fecking Panda. It's naff and twee and godawful.

It's the talking London pigeon. It's cafes called "Munch", and wooden hand-painted bicycles for posh kids, and owls with fucking knitting needles, and CARDIGANS, and crumpets, and red-faced aristos, and celebrity vegan fucking cookbooks, and Gwyneth goddamn Paltrow, and uuuurgghhh...
Puke
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Gamma
(09-16-2014, 07:35 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: It reminds me of the scene Toad just put in the Grumblebox;

[Image: tumblr_l0xhceXgX51qzy8ogo1_1280.jpg?AWSA...rXo%3D#_=_]

If you can't see WHY the bit about the Panda is WRONG, then there's no hope for you, aesthetically...
I love being fascist in the morning.
What they've reduced Sheldon to (ie, one half of Shamy) is the fecking Panda. It's naff and twee and godawful.

It's the talking London pigeon. It's cafes called "Munch", and wooden hand-painted bicycles for posh kids, and owls with fucking knitting needles, and CARDIGANS, and crumpets, and red-faced aristos, and celebrity vegan fucking cookbooks, and Gwyneth goddamn Paltrow, and uuuurgghhh...
Puke

Haha, I like freshly-made crumpets, but I see what you're getting at...

I also love cute owl-themed things. But I don't expect to see Sheldon with one...
[Image: il_340x270.596988238_sjw0.jpg]
[Image: Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif]
Quote:It's the talking London pigeon. It's cafes called "Munch", and wooden hand-painted bicycles for posh kids, and owls with fucking knitting needles, and CARDIGANS, and crumpets, and red-faced aristos, and celebrity vegan fucking cookbooks, and Gwyneth goddamn Paltrow, and uuuurgghhh...

Cute owls, you can't escape them! Mwa-ha-ha...

[Image: nwx15t.jpg]

[Image: 2lafo6g.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales
(09-17-2014, 09:49 AM)Louise Wrote: Cute owls, you can't escape them! Mwa-ha-ha...

I've no problem with owls as long as they're not fucking KNITTING. I LIKE owls.

[Image: bathing-owl.jpg]

In retrospect perhaps I was hasty in lumping owls in ANY form in with that list, but whilst an owl alone is fine, and whilst a crumpet alone MAY just pass muster, when you lump them together with the rest of the list you get a concentrated mass of TWEE that is PALPABLE. And as I was trying to illustrate a point, palpable is advantageous.

If I wanted to illustrate twee, I could have just put this picture I suppose;
[Image: god%20help%20the%20girl%20MIFF%20Twitch-...-49706.jpg]

What they have done to Sheldon (via Shamy) is a combination of TWEE and TRASHY. I am specifically thinking of those giant socks they sell to watch television in. Presumably whilst people are dribbling their microwave meal all over themselves. It is mawkish and saccharine and artificial, and is probably slightly sticky.

I should probably come back in a better mood...
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad
Quote: What they have done to Sheldon (via Shamy) is a combination of TWEE and TRASHY. I am specifically thinking of those giant socks they sell to watch television in. Presumably whilst people are dribbling their microwave meal all over themselves. It is mawkish and saccharine and artificial, and is probably slightly sticky.

Oh, I know. And I agree. I was only teasing.
TweeBS has put up a Sneak Peek.

*Penny voice* "Oh yay." Ahem. Click here I mean.

[Image: 2d6t9xw.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
I will enjoy the owl and ignore the Sneak Peek...
OMG the sneak peek for this episode is so boooorrrring. If it weren't for the laugh track, I'd have no idea where the jokes were meant to be. What a load of crap our great show has turned into. Sad

Nice owls Smile
Some good stuff from Kaley during the job interview ("People, people, people...") but by and large the episode is a total suckfest. Watching a pantsless, disheveled Sheldumb frantically assert that he's "a world-renowned physicist" is simply too painful to bear. And it's doubly compounded by Jim's bizarre acting choices, a too-loud delivery and a lot of ineffectual flapping. It's as if he's completely forgotten how to summon that coolly modulated alien persona that distinguishes Vintage Sheldon from this buffoonish incarnation. Granted he's given precious little to work with, but still...

And, sorry, but more than ever I'm creeped out by Amy. The scene in the car just reinforces for me how thoroughly unpleasant she can be, scolding Sheldon one minute, mouthing some maudlin twaddle the next, then slowly settling back with a weirdly glazed smile of...adoration? Triumph? I don't know. Bialik isn't able to convince me of anything other than the character's desperate fixation.

And yes, I get it, it's all about The Couples, the writers halfheartedly serving up very few "geek" scenarios now. Sadly they mainly annoy me because of the whiff of the obligatory. It's checklist plotting for the most part. Nerd reference? Check. Dumb Penny? Unh-huh. Sheldon behaving like a dick? Yep. But the audience the show has been re-tooled for seems to love it, so what do I know. And their allegiances are quite palpably felt as they groan at Mean Sheldon but then froth excitedly not 3 minutes later at a dopey coitus reference. What a wild ride it must be.
OH PLEASE...
The following 9 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FlyingMonkey, Jomi25, Gamma, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Berliner, Nutz, CassandraElise