The Great Improviser - Robin Williams
Nanu nanu! Mork signing off...

[Image: il_fullxfull441726627_3k78_zps014023b4.jpg]

Farewell to the enormous talent that was Robin Williams.

"They'll never make a movie about the life of Robin Williams, eventful though it's been, because they'd never find another actor who could play him."

http://news.sky.com/story/1317085/robin-...dead-at-63
The following 8 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, devilbk, lewstonewar, Gamma, ricardo shillyshally, Wisp, Toad
(08-12-2014, 03:13 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Nanu nanu! Mork signing off...

[Image: il_fullxfull441726627_3k78_zps014023b4.jpg]

Farewell to the enormous talent that was Robin Williams.

"They'll never make a movie about the life of Robin Williams, eventful though it's been, because they'd never find another actor who could play him."

http://news.sky.com/story/1317085/robin-...dead-at-63

I used to have Mork suspenders...wish I could dig them out and wear them in his honor.
The following 2 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz
Even though I'm too young to know anything about Mork and Mindy, Robin Williams was still a part of my childhood...

-Genie from Aladdin

-Peter Pan from Hook

-Batty Koda from FernGully (I think we watched it so much the VHS tape stopped working)

-Mrs. Doubtfire

-Jumanji (this movie scared the crap out of me; I could not understand why they would want to play that game)

The man even took time out to entertain us troops for the USO.

I know he is famous for other more inspiring movies and roles; I could go on and on with a list with Patch Adams being a personal favorite, but this is what I grew up on.

[Image: tumblr_na7uc5K8A61qawdd6o1_400.jpg]
"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it."
Dead Poet's Society

[Image: 936full-dead-poets-society-screenshot.jpg]
(08-13-2014, 12:10 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Dead Poet's Society

[Image: 936full-dead-poets-society-screenshot.jpg]

O Captain, My Captain.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Nutz
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute, we read and write poetry because we are members of the human race, and the human race is filled with passion.

Medicine, Law, Engineering, these are all noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But Poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

To quote from Whitman, O me! O life of the questions of these recurring. Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities filled with the foolish... What good amid these, O me, O life? Answer: That you are here - that life exists and identity, that the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

Thank you for the verse you contributed Mr. Williams, it was beautiful.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad, ricardo shillyshally
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not.
The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone." R. Williams

I have this posted in my office. Just to remind myself in case I fall into the nasty habit of 'settling'.
Let's go exploring!
The following 4 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Gamma, Toad, Wisp, Jomi25
(08-14-2014, 11:58 PM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not.
The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone." R. Williams

I have this posted in my office. Just to remind myself in case I fall into the nasty habit of 'settling'.

Sounds like something Penny and Sheldon need to say daily.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Toad, devilbk
Watched 'Good Will Hunting' yesterday as a sort of farewell/tribute. I really rate Robin Williams as an actor; here helping the maths genius transcend his background. [Image: C0D8DB3737DE57CD1D42B69FEBCABA.jpg]