Survey the land
HQ SURVEY

Just in time for the new season, if the actors decide to sign their contracts, we are making a few changes to the site in line with feedback from members.

Most of you will have received an email with a short survey attached. If you do not have an email, please check you junk folders. Or you can follow the link in chat.

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far. Also, as you can see we have a new look which I hope you will get used too quickly.
First of all, thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to answer our survey. It is very helpful to get your feedback and ideas on how we can improve the site.

The result are:

1. Taping reports (spoilers)

[Image: ScreenShot2014-08-01at211636_zpsf9949259.png]

In response: It was close on this one but most of you would like the Spoiler thread to be a private forum, only viewable to members. There are some who want the option to 'opt out', so they can stay relatively spoiler free. Please contact me if you do not want to see 'The Time Machine' forum.

2. Shipping threads.

[Image: ScreenShot2014-08-01at211650_zps42ae3bb1.png]

In response: Most members would like these to be for shipping, rather than character debate.

Other comments:

Are there any features you did not know how to use?

In response: It was good news to hear that most of you had figured out how to use the forums. But if anyone is having any problems please contact myself or one of the mods.

What changes would most improve the forums?

Again this was very positive.

"i believe shennyhq forums are perfect"

"Can't think of anything the forum is lacking..."

We had a couple of comments about trying to stay positive like this one...

"We need more positive threads/outlooks b/c we're all seem to be in mourning. I realize with the show going the way it is it's difficult but man I don't want to have to call suicide support after a visit here! :o)"

In response: Negative opinion is welcomed on HQ but some threads can get off topic. We will do more to remind members to keep subjects in relevant threads and hopefully prevent some of this crossover. This is particularly important in episode threads.

What do you like most about the site?

Again so many nice things were said.

"That everyone gets along, even if they don't necessarily agree. Moderators are very good about heading potential trouble off and it's a nice non bullying environment."

"Easy to navigate, everyone is respectful of others opinion."

"I like the creativity in the members. It's nice having in depth conversations with people on different subjects as well as as BBT of course."

"the privacy to enjoy Sheldon and Penny's chemistry"

"I can talk about Shenny and the destruction of a once clever show without getting my head chewed off."

"everything related to the shenny"

Or just the simple things in life...

"No Shamys"

You will also notice we have changed the order of the forums. Character and Show discussion is now above the Current Season.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant
May I also add thank you kindly to those who voted! The other 30-odd people...We are coming to practice our bagpipes outside your doors for ever and ever and ever...No NO...of COURSE not.
But dear chaps, if you DO wish to make forum suggestions in future, do indeed send a message to Pajamas, Toad or myself, or hassle us in the Grumblebox. Preferably in the middle of one of my completely unnecessary Keaton rambles.

HQ Suggestion - Is it necessary for Gripe to talk quite so much about Buster Keaton?

Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

I'll also go on record as saying that Pajamas' makeover of the forum is utterly and dastardly splendid. Look at the atom buttons!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Gamma, Toad