Big Bucks
*Sigh* All this money faff. They clearly aren't content just enjoying their jobs. Money is now preventing them (esp Jim) from just loving their characters. I'm so pissed off with Jim for becoming so lazy with his acting now that I can't agree that he should have MORE money than everyone else, but I would have militantly chanted that back in the days when the show was, you know, worth watching. I don't think giving these actors room to ad lib would even help... Jim has said many times he just follows blindly what is written for him, which I think has made him lazy. I get the feeling he keeps getting told he's great. I've always thought it's 20% writing, 80% acting that makes a character. Sheldon is so shite now mainly because Jim isn't pulling his weight. I've always thought Howard and Stuart seem the most "acted" now, which is good, so they are the only funny ones left in my view. They get some shite lines but they make them better because they're inherently funny, twitchy actors. Jim, Kaley and Johnny seem to be going for the "3 mates that are bored with eachother" kind of feel. As for Mayim, words fail me. But it's boring too.
OH! I've just remembered in The Gorilla Experiment or whatever it's fucking called the director is browsing his phone not giving a rat's ass while Penny's trying to make the best of her bad role. Wonder if that's happening on the TBBT set for real....
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 3 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Toad, ricardo shillyshally, queenoftheDales
I think this is as close to an update as we're gonna get today.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...ider-says/
I don't know what I think of all this; the show makes enormous profit and the actors deserve financial credit, definitely more than they get at present. I wonder how much writers,etc, get. I doubt they'll be able to spend the fortunes they've amassed already. Maybe it's a status thang; Friends actors got $1M per episode, and Charlie Sheen $2M(and we all know what he did with it!). Maybe if an actor spends so long of their career on one project, they may find it hard to play anyone else. So these new salaries are high earnings that may have to last a life time.
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • lewstonewar
The writers don't make anywhere near the kind of money the actors do.
I'll find out. maybe that's why CL has three different job titles! Thinking about this for two minutes; they'd have to pay me $1m a day, if it meant I couldn't walk outside my door, or sit on a beach without some twonk with camera harassing me(paps!)! Also I think some of the actors should leave, saying it's not worth it! That would shake up the writers and plot.
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales
(08-03-2014, 08:57 PM)pilot fish Wrote: I don't know what I think of all this; the show makes enormous profit and the actors deserve financial credit, definitely more than they get at present. I wonder how much writers,etc, get. I doubt they'll be able to spend the fortunes they've amassed already. Maybe it's a status thang; Friends actors got $1M per episode, and Charlie Sheen $2M(and we all know what he did with it!). Maybe if an actor spends so long of their career on one project, they may find it hard to play anyone else. So these new salaries are high earnings that may have to last a life time.

Actors get character fatigue. If they have played the same character for a long time they get bored with it and want other challenges. Sometimes money can alleviate it just like it can in any other job. Sometimes writers/producers throw them acting challenges. That's where cousin Sabrina on Bewitched and saucy sister Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie came from.
The deals?

If this is true then I don't know what took so long, because these figures have been hanging about for weeks... Tongue

http://m.deadline.com/2014/08/big-bang-t...um=twitter
(08-04-2014, 11:03 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The deals?

If this is true then I don't know what took so long, because these figures have been hanging about for weeks... Tongue

http://m.deadline.com/2014/08/big-bang-t...um=twitter

I believe WB thought they could work a more advantageous deal. But I think that it may be the underlying perks that the big three were really after, the production deals and bigger back end. And all they really gave up was the promise to talk about an 11th season, where WB could make all its money back.
And Entertainment Weekly weighs in. With a little nugget about TBBT's ad rates. Whoa! That's pretty darn close to Super Bowl country.

Plus there's a poll showing the raise naysayers are outliers.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/04/big-ba...+stand-off
And the drama has now ended.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/big-bang...201276350/