Big Bucks
Chuck supports the original 5 getting these rises. It's the main 3 would make the show a success and he says:

"Everybody should be very successful and happy and rich. They earned it. It's a great cast. Great cast. It's their time."

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/big-bang-theory-...00410.html
(07-22-2014, 07:03 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Chuck supports the original 5 getting these rises. It's the main 3 would make the show a success and he says:

"Everybody should be very successful and happy and rich. They earned it. It's a great cast. Great cast. It's their time."

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/big-bang-theory-...00410.html

I don't understand the complaint that the cast is being greedy. Do people think this money is being taken from the poor? The show is making a massive profit for CBS, Warner Bros. and Lorre. This is about sharing the wealth, not about greed.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales, wellplayedpenny, CassandraElise
(07-22-2014, 09:50 PM)devilbk Wrote: I don't understand the complaint that the cast is being greedy. Do people think this money is being taken from the poor? The show is making a massive profit for CBS, Warner Bros. and Lorre. This is about sharing the wealth, not about greed.

I think it comes down to many not being happy with the show and how boring and safe it has become. They feel the actors are phoning it in and are not being challenged enough to be making one mill an episode. If you are looking for one mill you better show me something different and shock me a little bit. Having made these points, I have no issue with the actors trying to get big money. I rather the show end now instead of a death march to the Lenny and Shamy though.
The following 4 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, lewstonewar, CassandraElise
My sister thinks this demand for more money is the actors' way of negotiating better storylines for their characters. Unfortunately, having read many articles where Kaley, Jim, and Johnny seem just fine with the direction of the show, I doubt this is actually the case. All the same, I would love to be a fly on the wall during negotiations. It would be interesting to find out how happy the actors truly are with the show's direction.
The following 1 user Likes CassandraElise's post:
  • queenoftheDales
(07-24-2014, 02:31 AM)CassandraElise Wrote: My sister thinks this demand for more money is the actors' way of negotiating better storylines for their characters. Unfortunately, having read many articles where Kaley, Jim, and Johnny seem just fine with the direction of the show, I doubt this is actually the case. All the same, I would love to be a fly on the wall during negotiations. It would be interesting to find out how happy the actors truly are with the show's direction.

I'd like to hear it what's going on. Judging by the fact that Kaley doesn't even watch the show, I'm sure she doesn't know what's really going on, JP is basking in the limelight (as he should, I guess)and probably doesn't care at the moment what's really going on just that everyone loves it.

And JG is just....beige paint on the beige wall; just blending in.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • CassandraElise
(07-24-2014, 03:56 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I'd like to hear it what's going on. Judging by the fact that Kaley doesn't even watch the show, I'm sure she doesn't know what's really going on, JP is basking in the limelight (as he should, I guess)and probably doesn't care at the moment what's really going on just that everyone loves it.

And JG is just....beige paint on the beige wall; just blending in.

I don't believe Kaley has any idea what Penny looks like to us. It's kind of a shame. There's a part of me that wants her hubby to watch all the recent episodes while she;s away shooting her film and then clue her in. But my impression is that he's not exactly a smart cookie. He probably wouldn't pick up on it.
Currently the big three are making 350 thousand an episode with a .25% back end deal. I have heard they are requesting 1 million an episode with .50% as a backend, and I don't think that's unreasonable since it's basically what the Friends cast asked for and received.

I'm not sure what the hold up is, but the first show for season 8 is scheduled to film on August 5th, so they will either have to settle this by next Thursday (slated table read), push back the filming date (they probably could get away with pushing it back until the second to last week in August), or start writing scripts that have the actors "away" which would be suicide. Of course with the way the show has been for the last two seasons you could say they've been actively trying to commit show suicide for years.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Seems the lads in change of Promo material don't push the couples down our throats. Thank the good lord for small mercies. The concept of them all as INDIVIDUALS is so much more honourable, inspiring, ennobling...Also, more pertinently, FUNNIER.
I like Helberg getting more prominence in this one.

[Image: preview_12_0.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • queenoftheDales, lewstonewar
(07-25-2014, 06:43 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Currently the big three are making 350 thousand an episode with a .25% back end deal. I have heard they are requesting 1 million an episode with .50% as a backend, and I don't think that's unreasonable since it's basically what the Friends cast asked for and received.

I'm not sure what the hold up is, but the first show for season 8 is scheduled to film on August 5th, so they will either have to settle this by next Thursday (slated table read), push back the filming date (they probably could get away with pushing it back until the second to last week in August), or start writing scripts that have the actors "away" which would be suicide. Of course with the way the show has been for the last two seasons you could say they've been actively trying to commit show suicide for years.

I just saw an article talking about plot changes for season 8. Have to wonder if the big 3 are looking for more than just money? I like the idea of change being in the air for this year. If I'm TPTB I would be making the actors work for the big money. No more giving them material they can do in their sleep. Time for the actors to graduate from the baby work.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/big-bang...ley-cuoco/

The article that I've linked to here alludes to another angle that could be affecting the negotiations. Fox (Rupert Murdoch, who canceled Firefly) is attempting to buy Timewarner (Warner Bros.). Warner could be trying to show their stockholders that they can be hardasses in negotiating with the big three. The additional pice of info it provides is that TBBT has generated 3 billion dollars in profits for those involved. It's gonna be an interesting week.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales