Until I saw TBBT I never knew that....
I've also learnt that getting a take away in fictional Pasadena is fraught with problems; will they get the order right, are they even using the right ingredients. Is my 'friend' deceiving about name of restaurant! Will learning Mandarin help!!

The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Louise
The Aspergers social thing, I get. When people say chit chat to me, I also have to think, what sort of response do they want. But positive things I've learnt from TBBT; from Sheldon giving cake to Penny, before asking a favour. I now utilise this, something good first. And from S and P's conversation, I now realise that when someone tells me something personal, they expect something similar back. It's all new to me!
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Louise
I've seen a few essays deconstructing BB, but if I was going to analyse it, I'd say it had a lot in common with Fight Club. To become a man, the adolescent has to move psychologically, from the mother to the father. When no father is around, fictional characters are incorporated and then usually the adolescents form groups(or gangs). 'Tyler Durden: We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.' So both FC and BB show problem. Don't get involved with a woman who mothers you, or you'll be caught in perpetual adolescence, or even regress. The following could have been said by early period Sheldon, if it was less preachy, more condescending. >'Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.'
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Nutz