Fantasy Acting Roles
Are there any dream actor/character roles you'd love to see? This includes other actors playing a character that was actually played by someone else (Maybe you hated Harrison Ford as Indy and would have preferred Carrot Top to play that role instead, who knows?) or a suitable actor for a fictional character that has not yet been on screen.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
I'd like to see Harrison Ford in the role described in your signature for starters.

Excellent topic Doctor. Shall return. With thoughts. And a bottle of Dubonnet...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp
Being a CASUAL but very picky viewer of Doctor Who, I was a bit funny about Peter Capaldi being the next one. No particular reason, just me being picky. Anyway, if Matthew Bellamy was an actor, which he is not at all in any shape or form, I think he would be an adorable Doctor. (Not much of a transition from Matt Smith though) I think it's the obsessive waffling and general oddness he displays in every interview. He's like a little hawk-faced alien, bless 'im.

HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Summer Glau as Lady 3Jane Tessier-Ashpool. (But I have head casting for All The Gibson)

If 'Rivers of London' makes it to screen, then I have to go with the author's casting of Paul McGann as Nightingale.

*grins* And I seriously think the BBC should think about dramatising a load of Heyer. We have a lot of talent that would fit the breeches.
I bet Parsons would be good at playing Phileas Fogg, from "Around the World in 80 Days." I read that book many, many times when I was a kid. He has some very Sheldon-like traits, such as following daily routines, but he's also different from Sheldon in other ways...
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Hmm. Fogg has to be very British and contained, though - not a drunken asshole dropping his trousers. I don't know if JP has the chops for it. It's a shame Peter Wingfield went back to medicine, because he'd probably do very nicely in the role. But Helberg might do a good Passepartout.
I bet JP could be really good in some Hitchcock-esque psychological thriller. There is an intensity about him.

I enjoy seeing actors do a complete 180 and play against type. It's pure fantasy and not gonna happen, but I want to see SH play some bad-ass mafia boss or something. Bugsy Siegal was known to be handsome and charming...
(08-31-2014, 02:43 PM)Louise Wrote: I bet JP could be really good in some Hitchcock-esque psychological thriller. There is an intensity about him.

I enjoy seeing actors do a complete 180 and play against type. It's pure fantasy and not gonna happen, but I want to see SH play some bad-ass mafia boss or something. Bugsy Siegal was known to be handsome and charming...

JP was my mental head-casting for the killer in a ficlet I wrote for another fandom, way back in 2009. I think he'd do a good psycho, of the quiet, cerebral sort - if he's got a director who comes down hard on any of the camp comedy flourishes, and got him to bring that hard-eyed intensity.

In a noir AU, 'Howard' would be the club owner/mob boss, for sure. Cold eyes and a scar down his jaw. (I've got 'Leonard' pegged as the informant in need of cement overshoes, the cringing Peter Lorre type.)
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Louise
Yeah, obviously I'm referring to the subtler side of Sheldon when I mention these roles....