Parsons and Cuoco
Given how Lorre has been about actors who speak out like Charlie Sheen, has anyone considered that the eps when specific members of the cast have virtually nothing to do may be punishment for saying the wrong thing to TPTB? But for the most part this cast, the big three especially will never do or say anything to upset TPTB. They will not make demands except regarding their contracts and that's all handled by third parties anyway. They will never complain about scripts or the direction characters go in. It's not who they are. It's not who they ever were.
I would hope Lorre could tell the difference between Sheen's public manic "winning" rant and an actor who says during the read through, I can't see my character acting this way, can we change it so I'm doing this instead. But maybe not. And maybe he did originally try to make some changes (he did say he questioned why they wanted him to play the character more like "him") but TPTB didn't want to hear them, and he figured oh well, it's a paycheck.

What really sucks is that TPTB sold this " growth" crap (even to the cast) but even they can't deny that the most popular episodes to this day are mostly from seasons 1-3, and by and large Sheldon/Penny centric. Without JP portrayal of vintage Sheldon, this show wouldn't have even made it to syndication.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
(10-18-2015, 05:33 AM)Nutz Wrote: I would hope Lorre could tell the difference between Sheen's public manic "winning" rant and an actor who says during the read through, I can't see my character acting this way, can we change it so I'm doing this instead. But maybe not. And maybe he did originally try to make some changes (he did say he questioned why they wanted him to play the character more like "him") but TPTB didn't want to hear them, and he figured oh well, it's a paycheck.

What really sucks is that TPTB sold this " growth" crap (even to the cast) but even they can't deny that the most popular episodes to this day are mostly from seasons 1-3, and by and large Sheldon/Penny centric. Without JP portrayal of vintage Sheldon, this show wouldn't have even made it to syndication.

You would really hope so Nutz. There should be a nice way for the actors to suggest things without TPTB flipping out and shutting down the actors. Who knows these characters better than the actors who play them? 

You do have to wonder if certain actors have said things and had their screen times cut down. I can see Kunal not being happy with his character for sure. TPTB should be more grown up about things. How about they show some growth? This should be a collaborative process. You do not want this to be the Star Wars prequels with Lucas not listening to anyone and surrounding himself with yes men.
(10-17-2015, 05:17 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: [Image: sheldon-penny-kiss-the-big-bang-theory-w724.jpg]

On making out with Kaley Cuoco's Penny
: "It was really fun—and, very honestly, really easy. Very early on working on this show, I began working a lot with Kaley on a lot of different scenes because Penny and Sheldon had a lot of scenes together, and it was a very easy relationship to be a part of on-camera. Obviously, as different as she and I are—certainly as different as the characters are—that may not seem like the most logical thing to say, but as performers, she and I work very easily together. The first time we rehearsed [the kiss], it was literally just like an extension of the verbal dance we've been doing for eight and a half years. It's always awkward to a degree, but this was shockingly easy. We had so much fun. And it was so much fun to do it live in front of the audience. I kept thinking, 'When a moment like that is going on, they're going to know it's coming and start laughing before we do it.' You have one shot to do it right in front of an audience like that, and they didn't at all. It was dead silence, and the vibe in the room was, 'What is happening?!' It was exactly what it should have been and then BAM, we were making out!"

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blo...-jim-parso

That business about the kiss being an "extension of the verbal dance we've been doing for eight and a half years." is precisely how I bloody saw it. The whole thing was played as a classic Sheldon/Penny sparring scene. Brilliant.
Wine Wine
this is like my favorite Jim quote about Penny and Sheldon and it's from this season and it confirms SO MUCH!!!
The following 4 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jomi25, Nutz, Kimk26
Damn I'm posting that cute instagram thingy here:

The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz
[Image: tumblr_o2wtggL1zL1qb9ozho1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o2wtggL1zL1qb9ozho2_400.gif]

My poor attempt at gif'ing the cheek kiss.

The cuteness is strong with these two.
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Kimk26
https://t.co/JmdmPqqwTp

Gif by cookie cris

The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk, Trust No One, Kimk26
By Cookiecris again...

[Image: tumblr_o2yz1l46GC1qdxmh0o1_250.gif]

and these Heart Heart Heart it's just like the old days when Kaley and Jim were buds, and hung out.

[Image: tumblr_o2yzq5hmfs1qdxmh0o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o2yzq5hmfs1qdxmh0o2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_o2yzq5hmfs1qdxmh0o3_250.gif]
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, spuffyfan, Gamma, devilbk, Kimk26
[Image: tumblr_o2yzq5hmfs1qdxmh0o2_r1_250.gif]
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Trust No One, devilbk, QueenOfShebaSays, Kimk26
[Image: tumblr_o3365m5Gx41qdxmh0o2_400.gif]
From Conan, (by Cookiecris)
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Kimk26