Season 8 - promises and threats *SPOILERS*
“Part of what’s wonderful and unique about Sheldon is he has chosen not to play in the relationship game either way — heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, any sexuality,” Lorre said. “He has said, ‘This is not for me. I’m a scientist. All I’m interested in is science and what George Lucas thinks.’ We’ve stumbled into creating a character who has chosen a lifestyle for himself that is unique. And I don’t see any reason to modify it.”

Added fellow e.p. Bill Prady: “Sheldon has made a choice that work and all of that is where he finds his passion.”

(2010)

"These characters, as they grow, they deal with more things. Sheldon [Jim Parsons] has grown unbelievably over seven years from where we began. We could never have imagined the stories we've been doing in the past year or so six years ago," he said.
(2014)

Well, Chuck, that's because he's not the same character. It's not growth, it's dismantlement and restructuring. Of course it opens up new stories if you completely rejig someone's personality, speech-patterns, intentions, mannerisms...and remove all their particularly defining qualities like detachment, devotion to science, romantic disinterest, routines, germ phobia, eccentricity, genius etc

We had a lovely carved chair that suffered partial conflagration in a small studio fire. So we chopped the bugger up, and retooled it into a knobbly lattice for our grape vines. Looking at it now, it's certainly part of a different story, one I "couldn't have imagined" six years ago, but it's also NOT A CHAIR anymore, and has, moreover, become infested with termites.

Laboured metaphor, but I haven't had any coffee yet.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 8 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Toad, Wisp, FlyingMonkey, CassandraElise, wellplayedpenny, Nutz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season 8 'Promises' and 'Threats' - by Nutz - 06-10-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Season 8 'Promises' and 'Threats' - by Idle Miscreant - 07-24-2014, 07:20 AM