Season 8 - promises and threats *SPOILERS*
Did you read my breakdown of how complicated and twisted these relationships are getting? I'm adding more as we speak...

And yes, COUPLES. That'll fix everything Sarcasm

btw, as somebody mentioned in the chat box, I *did* notice a fair number of comments with rather pro-Nostalgic views, on FB. People saying that the relationship stuff has been this show's downfall, etc.
At least *somebody* outside of HQ gets it...
(10-14-2014, 12:20 PM)Louise Wrote: MorlockShockMorlockShock

Sooo....

Howard slept with his cousin, and the cousin is now dating Stuart, but Stuart is Howard's father because he lives with Howard's mother, but he's also Howard's mother's son, because he's Howard's replacement, so that makes him Howard's brother, so Howard and his brother both screwed Howard's cousin, and Stuart is Howard's cousin-in-law. Bernadette is Howard's mother, which makes him a motherf*cker, and Leonard & Penny are Sheldon's parents, except Leonard's mother kissed Sheldon, and Amy has replaced Sheldon's mother and grandmother....

Oh, but Shenny can't happen because Penny is Sheldon's sister AND his mother...

Penny is Sheldon's sister OR his mother. (They really have to pick one, people who use that as an argument...because it's impossible to be both) Sometimes Bernadette is Sheldon's mother. Occasionally even his actual mother is his mother. Everyone's Sheldon's mother, except Leonard, who's his keeper (although you'd think "friend" but no!). Amy's his elderly aunt/nanny/mother just to confuse things. Sheldon's going to start wearing a diaper if this keeps up...

At least Penny's "mothering" involves being loving, rather than just reprimanding the poor sod like the rest of them.

Not that we actually see Penny & Sheldon scenes anymore.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise
[Image: 35dby2p.jpg]

[Image: f2itkz.jpg]

[Image: m9adn4.jpg]

[Image: m8h83m.jpg]

[Image: hrk1fc.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales
Things we could've had instead of 5 couples:

• actual plots
  • interaction amongst the main 5
  • Howard/Raj friendship
  • Sheldon/Penny friendship
  • Good *minor* characters like Leslie, Kripke, Missy, Ramona, other people from Cal-Tech, Mary Cooper, Raj's parents, etc. And I prefer Stuart as a minor character, the sweet guy who asked out Penny, not whatever the hell he is now.
  • Science
  • A clue
(10-14-2014, 03:10 PM)Louise Wrote: Things we could've had instead of 5 couples:

• actual plots
  • interaction amongst the main 5
  • Howard/Raj friendship
  • Sheldon/Penny friendship
  • Good *minor* characters like Leslie, Kripke, Missy, Ramona, other people from Cal-Tech, Mary Cooper, Raj's parents, etc. And I prefer Stuart as a minor character, the sweet guy who asked out Penny, not whatever the hell he is now.
  • Science
  • A clue

hear hear
(10-14-2014, 12:38 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: I'm sorry, 5 couples? FIVE COUPLES?

Are we intending to repopulate the planet after the flood waters die down?

5 motherfucking (apt curse word there) couples!

This show struggles (all shows struggle, except MASH possibly) with more than five regular characters, now they've got TEN?

Even in the golden age of Season 1-3, the best episodes were the ones with a single central plot involving all of them - Penny gets involved in online gaming, Sheldon learns to drive, Sheldon gives a speech, the guys build a robot, Penny and Sheldon fight - OR - Plot A) Sheldon/Penny, Plot B) Leonard/Raj/Howard (Adhesive Duck, Work Song, Vegas, Pancake Batter etc)

The problems that have been caused by adding more characters cannot be fixed by adding even more! Why not just throw a bucket of water on a drowning man whilst you're at it!

*exit spluttering in disbelief*

This madness has to stop Gripe. Talk about out of control. TPTB and writers seriously need to stop using the show to deal with any issues they may have.

(10-14-2014, 12:20 PM)Louise Wrote: MorlockShockMorlockShock

Sooo....

Howard slept with his cousin, and the cousin is now dating Stuart, but Stuart is Howard's father because he lives with Howard's mother, but he's also Howard's mother's son, because he's Howard's replacement, so that makes him Howard's brother, so Howard and his brother both screwed Howard's cousin, and Stuart is Howard's cousin-in-law. Bernadette is Howard's mother, which makes him a motherf*cker, and Leonard & Penny are Sheldon's parents, except Leonard's mother kissed Sheldon, and Amy has replaced Sheldon's mother and grandmother....

Oh, but Shenny can't happen because Penny is Sheldon's sister AND his mother...

I'm at a loss Louise. TPTB are really going there with Howard's cousin and Stuart? Your breakdown of the characters above makes you think how screwed up this show has become.
For those of you following the spoilers, here's an overview of the snoozefest ahead. This is everything predicted in fan fiction. They really need to throw a spanner in the works, get some fresh blood at the writing table.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/576524/20...eonard.htm
(12-19-2014, 08:31 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: For those of you following the spoilers, here's an overview of the snoozefest ahead. This is everything predicted in fan fiction. They really need to throw a spanner in the works, get some fresh blood at the writing table.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/576524/20...eonard.htm

These are "spoilers"? There's literally nothing happening. And I say that as someone who *likes* a low-key, "show about nothing" approach. But only if it's done well.

I'll take boring over actively awful, though. I just know they'll do a poor job of dealing with Carol Ann Susi's death, if they decide to write that into the show.

We all know babies and weddings are coming, but what I, personally, dread, are more messages about how the guys are better-off now and they'd be miserable without their wives/girlfriends. You know it's coming.

I'm sure TPTB have many more ways of breaking my heart, up their sleeve, but I don't intend to hear about it...
The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Trust No One
(12-19-2014, 08:44 PM)Louise Wrote: These are "spoilers"? There's literally nothing happening. And I say that as someone who *likes* a low-key, "show about nothing" approach. But only if it's done well.

I'll take boring over actively awful, though. I just know they'll do a poor job of dealing with Carol Ann Susi's death, if they decide to write that into the show.

We all know babies and weddings are coming, but what I, personally, dread, are more messages about how the guys are better-off now and they'd be miserable without their wives/girlfriends. You know it's coming.

I'm sure TPTB have many more ways of breaking my heart, up their sleeve, but I don't intend to hear about it...

I just wonder what TPTB have in store for us for sweeps in February? This season has been so exciting with all the surprise story lines. Sarcasm Still thinking something happens with Penny's job and she gets close to a guy at work. Would really be something if Sheldon gets close to another woman he meets at Caltech, but I doubt TPTB will go there.
(12-19-2014, 10:03 PM)Shenny Fan Wrote: I just wonder what TPTB have in store for us for sweeps in February? This season has been so exciting with all the surprise story lines. Sarcasm Still thinking something happens with Penny's job and she gets close to a guy at work. Would really be something if Sheldon gets close to another woman he meets at Caltech, but I doubt TPTB will go there.

I may have to sequester myself if there are murmurs of anything awful happening. I don't deal well with this crap; I'm too sensitive. Confused