Your Definitive "Jump The Shark" Moments
(05-23-2014, 03:12 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Also is anyone else getting sick of people saying the "geek" culture was an "unrepresented demographic" before TBBT? I think TBBT proved to be bad for "geek" culture in the long term, as it's become ubiquitous. I thought the definition of being a "geek" was unashamedly showing a love for obscure things regardless of prejudice. TBBT does not give out this message anymore, and cheapens the value of being a genuine "geek". The universe does not end with a bang, but with a whimper.

Yes, I've come to the same conclusion. Even in my extended social circle I see people trying too hard to be a geek/nerd. It's all so superficial or should I say shallow. These people just don't get it, they think that looking and PRETENDING to be like a geek - just because it's in vogue - enhances their image or something. And don't get me started on the science stuff: I have only one friend who understands math ... because he studies math too lol.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Wisp

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Definitive "Jump The Shark" Moments - by Berliner - 05-24-2014, 05:09 AM