Your Definitive "Jump The Shark" Moments
Watched Arrested Development last night and found the ultimate gif, Henry Winkler ACTUALLY JUMPING OVER A SHARK!
Words can't describe how much I love this show and its brilliantly sly writing.

[Image: EZbFu.gif]
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 5 users Like Wisp's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, chaotic temptation
(06-25-2014, 05:56 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: Post them in one of the S/P threads you anarchic scoundrel! These are most certainly NOT shark jumping moments, these are bloody brilliant moments and they're going to get tainted by contact with discussions about spanking and coitus.

Perhaps we could start a favourite S/P interaction thread, or indeed favourite TBBT moments in total...? If anyone can be arsed. Pilot?
I know, I know,I start deconstructing, redefining, going lateral. It's took the destruction of many neurons. Actually my 'definitive jump the shark moment', is the one I posted in 'Like an old married couple'. I started watching S7 hoping that with L away, Penny and Sheldon being dependent on each other, the writers may have had an idea!! I stopped a few episodes later, but am watching old episodes on E4. Even S6 is pretty lame!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Imagine you're on the writing team, some days you get to write the sort of material we see in 'favourite Shenny scenes', there must be a real buzz in the room! The downside, on other days you have to try to create something between L and Penny!

Yes that was my metaphor for the dialogue between L and P!!! I still believe that three years after he's cashed the cheques, CL will admit that AFF was a complete hoax, a joke! He just wanted to see how many gullible idiots would accept her as remotely credible, just wanted to see how far he could push the ridiculousness. Thanks CL, nice one! http://whatculture.com/tv/5-ways-the-big...wnhill.php
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jomi25
The introduction of Bernadette is my "bright line" between old and new, between classic TBBT and some type of detour. Is there plenty of good stuff after that? Sure. But to me it's a different canon. It's not part of my mental concept of the show.

Her introduction is not a shark-jump in and of itself, but it marks the beginning of Act Two, so to speak. If she (and Amy) had turned out to be temporary characters like Priya, the show probably could have recalibrated in S4 and been just fine, although it would still be a misstep; one that they (the show) would need to recover from.

My J.T.S. moments are all associated with Howard and/or Raj, so you can probably guess what they are. Raj fantasizing about H's death is pretty low.
This is a bizarre scene! This isn't just a traditional paradigm being imposed, it's an arranged marriage. Firstly L acts all sleazy, even though Penny tells him it's just pretend, and then Wyatt tells L to 'stack the deck, cheat, lie, I don't care'(just get back with Penny). It also shows us Penny and Wyatt's relationship. He doesn't really see her as an adult woman.

• Trust No One
(10-17-2014, 10:26 PM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: This is a bizarre scene! This isn't just a traditional paradigm being imposed, it's an arranged marriage. Firstly L acts all sleazy, even though Penny tells him it's just pretend, and then Wyatt tells L to 'stack the deck, cheat, lie, I don't care'(just get back with Penny). It also shows us Penny and Wyatt's relationship. He doesn't really see her as an adult woman.

Wyatt looked like a real village idiot during this episode. He pretty much threw his daughter under the bus and made her look helpless. Penny should have also been turned off forever by Leonard trying to take advantage of the situation.
Yes imagine how Penny would feel if she found out her father and someone she'd dated, were conspiring behind her back, for their own selfish reasons. But we can see how Wyatt treats her, and makes her feel. Maybe Leonard is like her father, and once she's worked out her father issues through L, she can dump him, and find someone worthy of her.(wait a minute, didn't that happen in real life,Kaley!).
  • devilbk
This isn't really a jump the shark moment but I found this gifset which shows how they flit around with the characters core values...

I knew there was something wrong with this scene. The writers need to watch their own work from the old seasons.

[Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to8_r4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to1_r4_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to3_r5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to2_r4_250.gif]

In other seasons, far, far away Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to7_r5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to6_r5_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to5_r8_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nfsw2oMBvD1qfev2to4_r4_250.gif]
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, devilbk, queenoftheDales, lewstonewar
Not exactly a JTS moment, just a rant:

I do not like "The Vengeance Formulation", despite the wacky sight-gags of Howard in a bubblebath with celebrities. I just **do not like*** the H/B relationship in any way, shape, or form. I'm well aware that the S3 version of this relationship was less objectionable than the current version, but I...just...don't...like..it. Am I open to seeing Howard do something besides being quippy and flirty? Sure. But this ain't it. Additional characters just hold absolutely zero appeal for me.

"Howard has issues with women, therefore his character-development should come via his relationship with a woman" is too pat, too obvious. All three (four?) guys have issues with women; Howard just talks about it more.

I wouldn't have minded some more Howard-Leslie interaction; that was kind of intriguing, even though it didn't turn out well for him. It's not high on my wish list, but I wouldn't have minded it.

MR is just so cartoony that she seems like she's been Photoshopped into the scene, to me. I just can't take her seriously on any level. As a catalyst for change, she's awfully hollow.

This is why I'm pretty hardcore about only considering S1 and S2 to be truly "vintage." There are prob. 4 or 5 episodes from S3 that I would care to re-watch. I think there's some questionable stuff in that season, even aside from the introduction of A and B..
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Trust No One