The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
Alright fellow commentators on a fictional universe, introduce yourselves here, should you feel so inclined.
I'm Gripe, I'm a "writer" (and general idler and dissipant) in "real life", and here I'm a Moderator, apparently.
I'll say now, that I am absolutely open to bribery.

Here's a welcoming gif to get you all in the "groove". (That idiotic word, incidentally, was prompted by Murph of the Magic Tones, whom you can see dancing like a tit in the background)

[Image: blues-brothers.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
I'm Toad. I'm a syndication baby and have only been watching the show for about 16 months now (although it seems like years to me). Penny's the reason I got hooked and Sheldon's why I stayed.

And I'm extremely embarrassed to admit that until I googled it I didn't catch that "sanctum of burning souls" is an Age of Conan reference from The Barbarian Sublimation. <hangs head> Clearly there are large gaps in my TBBT education.
OH PLEASE...
Dear lord, it's like the car key in your apartment door all over again…
I would have thought that as a Quanko Day enthusiast you would have utilised those 29 hours of 17 minutes apiece in a meritorious fashion.
Evidently you're not prepared for the Sanctum of Burning Souls. (personally I'd be rather pleased about that…)

Penny's the reason, you say? Do tell. Preferably go and be a useful fellow and start a new Penny thread to elaborate upon this reason.
We can't allow Stretch to dominate the conversations around here...
HELLO. I'm an escapee from the TBBT (shudder) Site, also known on the other site as Willo the Wisp, who may tentatively hop between the two sites now and then. I'm female and 17.

You've done a fabulous job moderators, elves and... er... site makers. You're all gifted in the art of thread-naming. Why call it "welcome thread" when you could call it "Sanctum of Burning Souls"?

Interests include sitting, obsessively discussing things I like, caricatures, Jim Parsons' eyebrows (and whole body), and bantering about nothing in particular. Also I'll have to include talking about Jim Parsons' eyebrows. And Lost. And countless other things. And how people in general, just by existing, somehow make me irritable.

Did I say I like Jim Parsons' eyebrows?

I look forward to contributing to this site with my ships:

- Sheldon and Himself (Mitosheldon..?)
- Peldon
- Sheverly
- Raj and Stuart (why not?)

While I'm here I'll just point out Jim Parsons' eyebrows as well.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35
Glory be to Heaven! Another soul has crossed over! I'm the poster formerly known as purrpurrpurr. I've ascended to toadhood here.

Witchdoctor Fantastic, will you hang some of your fabulous artwork in the Big-Balled Raccoons thread? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Welcome!

(And the award for best new ship goes to "MitoSheldon.")

(12-28-2013, 06:43 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Dear lord, it's like the car key in your apartment door all over again…
I would have thought that as a Quanko Day enthusiast you would have utilised those 29 hours of 17 minutes apiece in a meritorious fashion.
Evidently you're not prepared for the Sanctum of Burning Souls. (personally I'd be rather pleased about that…)

No goat for me, huh?
OH PLEASE...
Good to have you here flying monkey. We can share our pain as we remember the very best of this once brilliant show. Hot beverages all round for what's to come.

The site may 'disappear' for a few hours as it's going live a little earlier than I anticipated. It will re-emerge at http://www.shennyhq.com - I hope. Undecided
[quote='thetoadoftruth' pid='56' dateline='1388285501']
Glory be to Heaven! Another soul has crossed over! I'm the poster formerly known as purrpurrpurr. I've ascended to toadhood here.

Witchdoctor Fantastic, will you hang some of your fabulous artwork in the Big-Balled Raccoons thread? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Welcome!

----

Consider it done at some point. Big Grin

[quote='thetoadoftruth' pid='56' dateline='1388285501']

Welcome!

----

Consider it done at some point. Big Grin While I'm here how the fack do you quote someone's post in a little white box like you all seem to be capable of doing? I don't respond well to change. Which explains largely my problems with post season 4.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

[Image: tumblr_mh3guqt5qq1qz94pro1_1280.jpg?.jpg]

There is a little green plus-sign type button on the right, somewhere in the arse-end of the post you might want to quote. This is for MULTIPLE QUOTES. So ignore it. Press the little button marked "Reply". When in doubt, hover over them (the buttons) all until they reveal themselves. Like in life.
How are you getting on with the site? Is it visible now?
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
(12-31-2013, 07:34 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: There is a little green plus-sign type button on the right, somewhere in the arse-end of the post you might want to quote. This is for MULTIPLE QUOTES. So ignore it. Press the little button marked "Reply". When in doubt, hover over them (the buttons) all until they reveal themselves. Like in life.

Ah, I can quote now. Weirdly enough the only reason why I'm posting right now is because I got email notifications to replies on this thread, and by clicking the links to the posts I got to the site that way. When I type in the address of the site and click the link the proper way, nothing happens!

Technology.

(12-31-2013, 07:43 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 07:34 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: There is a little green plus-sign type button on the right, somewhere in the arse-end of the post you might want to quote. This is for MULTIPLE QUOTES. So ignore it. Press the little button marked "Reply". When in doubt, hover over them (the buttons) all until they reveal themselves. Like in life.

Ah, I can quote now. Weirdly enough the only reason why I'm posting right now is because I got email notifications to replies on this thread, and by clicking the links to the posts I got to the site that way. When I type in the address of the site and click the link the proper way, nothing happens!

Technology.

Fascinating. Would you mind typing Shenny HQ into Googly and seeing what happens when you click the link that should turn up on the first page?
It SHOULD bring you back here. It's New Year in 10 minutes. Where I live. Just thought I'd share that.