The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
(02-14-2014, 09:06 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Fuck..I suppose that means we have to be the Empire....
Ach well, at least we've got Sheldon;

"I never identified with the rebel alliance. Despite their tendency to build Death Stars, I’ve always been more of an empire man."

[Image: tumblr_mhiuvhDf261rr72xvo1_250.gif]

(Still, who would you be, Pajamas?...I'm STILL Lando....I've placed him in a state of eternal dibs....)

Strange, I hadn't read this until tonight's insomnia took hold. But I spent too long earlier trying to post a YT clip of Stewie as Darth, in the 'new sheldon and penny website' thread, inviting them to come and visit The Dark Side. But the dam thing wouldn't work! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW6opMZg6wQ
(02-15-2014, 09:13 AM)pilot fish Wrote: Strange, I hadn't read this until tonight's insomnia took hold. But I spent too long earlier trying to post a YT clip of Stewie as Darth, in the 'new sheldon and penny website' thread, inviting them to come and visit The Dark Side. But the dam thing wouldn't work! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW6opMZg6wQ

On that site you just put the youtube link DIRECTLY into the text box along with all your speechifying....when you hit "preview post" you should see the Youtube imbedded in the body of the post. It's very simple.
Not that I'm encouraging you.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
[Image: 0.jpg] Yes I'm sure I did that. I'll leave it a while, until the thread slips down the list, just to keep it in people's awareness! I certainly had no problem posting crap on there before, as you're well aware!
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales
So, um hi...

DefyGravity

27, married, mother to 3 ridiculously fat felines.

I'm American which is fun...at times...(well at least there's Disney World)

I write. A lot. Mostly fanfic, but I'm working on (several) original projects. Whether any of them come to fruition will be the question.

I am a stage actress, trained in dance and singing.

Ummm that's about everything that's "interesting" about me. Unless "reads a ridiculous amount of books" counts as interesting lol.
The following 6 users Like DefyGravity18's post:
  • Toad, devilbk, Wisp, Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis
(03-05-2014, 10:50 PM)DefyGravity18 Wrote: So, um hi...

DefyGravity

27, married, mother to 3 ridiculously fat felines.

I'm American which is fun...at times...(well at least there's Disney World)

I write. A lot. Mostly fanfic, but I'm working on (several) original projects. Whether any of them come to fruition will be the question.

I am a stage actress, trained in dance and singing.

Ummm that's about everything that's "interesting" about me. Unless "reads a ridiculous amount of books" counts as interesting lol.

Yes, I actually find that VERY interesting (along with the fact that you're BOTH a writer and an actress. Wow!) I love learning what other people read - it often introduces me to authors and genres I'd maybe never encounter otherwise. If you don't object to me directing you to yet ANOTHER thread (GEEZ, Toad!), we also have a What's On Your Kindle? thread (Kindle NOT required Big Grin) under Jibber Jabber. Feel free.
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • queenoftheDales
A 27 year old actress.... do you waitress...? Tongue

…and I guessing you liked Defying Gravity? Why oh why did they cancel that after one season?
Haha I never waitressed actually! I worked accounting for my dad's graphic design company. SO fun (sarcasm). I HAVE sung the song Out Tonight from RENT though!

DefyGravity is actually an homage to the musical Wicked. The show stopping song is called "Defying Gravity" and at the risk of being a gigantic dork "that was mah jam" from like 2005 to, well...I guess it still is.

Will definitely check out the Kindle thread though. It's a wonder my iPad still works with how much I use it for reading!
The following 3 users Like DefyGravity18's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Jomi25
I stand corrected, can't believe you have sung that song "....tonIGHT!!!!"
Hello, I am LewStonewar. Lady, 40, single(aromantic asexual). Insurance agent.
From Omaha like Penny. I don't know if you realize it but if asked where we are from by someone not from Nebraska, there are three answers. Omaha, Lincoln or Western Nebraska. For the first 30 years of my life I was "from Omaha" but now I actually live here. Smile

I read a lot of fanfic. a crazy lot. I watch tv with my tablet on and read during commercials and lame parts. I got into TBBT when it went into syndication and Shenny about a year and a half ago. I like Shenny because it seems natural. I also love original Sheldon because representation matters (which why I liked Amy when she was first introduced because she appeared to be a rarity, a true asexual female. Then she blossomed under the attention of friends. It's just sad she ended up being a corpse flower and is stinking up the place.)
The following 4 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Idle Miscreant
Welcome to HQ LewStonewar.

I agree, Amy is a completely different character from when she was introduced. The changes are too extreme and unrealistic in my mind.

We have a fan fic recommendation thread here: http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/showthread.php?tid=44

And quite a few writers who will hopefully keep up informed of their new works.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35