The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
(02-12-2014, 12:26 AM)pilot fish Wrote: Isn't it great to have a forum where we feel welcomed, and safe to express ourselves. Sometimes after doing just that, elsewhere, I had a sort of dread about logging in(is that a recognized medical state???) Forum phobia,maybe! Now I'm just smiling all the way to my keyboard, ha,ha, ha (goes off into maniacal laughter!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWxPUSJoeg

I know that dread well, I would post something honest and then start to feel sick about going back. I used to mind my p's and q's at first but the written word is all we have online and misrepresenting your thoughts makes the whole exercise pointless.
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad, Gamma, Wisp, Jislane35, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis
Hi. Figured I should introduce myself. I've been reading TBBT fanfic for about 8 months and writing it for about 6. I didn't start out as a Shenny shipper but the better, more interesting stories all seem to be in that ship. I'm also a new writer of fiction having had a lifelong fear of the blank page. However, I did have a relatively successful run as a comics editor a number of years back. I'm currently unemployed so writing has kind of become my refuge. Happily, it seems people like my stuff. The "devil" in my sobriquet is a reference to my volleyball serve, not my evil heart, though I have been known to be evil.
The following 5 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, Tuesday Pajamas, Wisp, ricardo shillyshally
(02-13-2014, 02:37 AM)devilbk Wrote: Hi. Figured I should introduce myself. I've been reading TBBT fanfic for about 8 months and writing it for about 6. I didn't start out as a Shenny shipper but the better, more interesting stories all seem to be in that ship. I'm also a new writer of fiction having had a lifelong fear of the blank page. However, I did have a relatively successful run as a comics editor a number of years back. I'm currently unemployed so writing has kind of become my refuge. Happily, it seems people like my stuff. The "devil" in my sobriquet is a reference to my volleyball serve, not my evil heart, though I have been known to be evil.

Well COMIC BOOK EDITOR certainly sounds very cool. Great to have you here devilbk.
I just realised I never put anything in here, did I?

So - British, female, older. One husband, one cat. Writer. Stealth geek.

Used to be Public Enemy No1 at Paradox for my uncompromising stance on - well, pretty much everything. Season 3 turned my visceral dislike of Leonard into red hot loathing, and then I fled before the coming of the Abomination, because she makes my skin crawl worse than he does, which is quite something. In addition to abusing said characters, I also abuse the English language, which seems to offend just as much.
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Wisp, Toad, ricardo shillyshally, CassandraElise
(02-13-2014, 05:07 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I just realised I never put anything in here, did I?

So - British, female, older. One husband, one cat. Writer. Stealth geek.

Used to be Public Enemy No1 at Paradox for my uncompromising stance on - well, pretty much everything. Season 3 turned my visceral dislike of Leonard into red hot loathing , and then I fled before the coming of the Abomination, because she makes my skin crawl worse than he does, which is quite something. In addition to abusing said characters, I also abuse the English language, which seems to offend just as much.

So....You WON'T be joining me in the Shelnard thread then?

I like that we have TWO Public Enemies No.1 (or is it two Public Enemy No.1's? Grammar, I detest thee...) from two different sites....Space and Monkey could combine to form one SUPER PUBLIC ENEMY....Considering we also have Pilot Fish, the No.1 Pariah (he really was you know...), this is becoming a nice little Rebel Alliance.

Bags being Lando. (Yes, yes he was a squib to begin with, but he had to protect his people dammit! And he turns out alright in the end, eh? EH? Why the fuck am I apologising for Calrissian....Jesus...)

I realise I didn't put very much biographical information, so I'll add that I've been working on a philosophical allegory for the past nine years, eight of which were spent living out of a suitcase whilst waffling around Europe, ostensibly writing, but mainly suffering and drinking in Spanish taverns like a melodramatic wanker. I also paint, make little terrible silent films, collect antique swords and am rather obsessed with wine, Tall Ships and Buster Keaton.

I have adopted Sheldon into my private mythology, and live in a constant state of denial over the fact he's a character from a rather ridiculous and clichéd American sitcom. In my head he sits next to Dante, Ahab, Quixote etc...it's a rather interesting tableau going on in there...(and it's such a small space!)

Alright, someone else's turn....

[Image: Lando_Calrissian.jpg]

(I don't know what's going on here...)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • FranEssi, Gamma, Wisp, Tuesday Pajamas, ricardo shillyshally
Shenny HQ: proud to represent all the best super villains. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
(02-14-2014, 08:23 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Shenny HQ: proud to represent all the best super villains. Tongue

Fuck..I suppose that means we have to be the Empire....
Ach well, at least we've got Sheldon;

"I never identified with the rebel alliance. Despite their tendency to build Death Stars, I’ve always been more of an empire man."

[Image: tumblr_mhiuvhDf261rr72xvo1_250.gif]

(Still, who would you be, Pajamas?...I'm STILL Lando....I've placed him in a state of eternal dibs....)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
While we're all telling our life stories...

I'm a newbie to the fandom. I caught up on all five seasons on TBS last year while living alone in an apartment. The show kept me company and made me giggle quite frequently (less frequently in the later seasons). I fell in love with Sheldon and sympathized with Penny and from those feelings arose a Shenny shipper. The good thing about getting into the fandom so late was that I knew from the beginning that Shenny was not canon and was considered an anathema in most TBBT circles. So I was prepared to go down fighting for my characters and my ship.

When I'm not discussing my favorite (former favorite?) television shows, I serenade as a elementary--primary for you Europeans--school teacher. (Actually, I just finished all my requirements and am waiting for the State to certify me; so I'm unemployed at the moment, which is exactly the same position I was in when I went back to school three years ago. But I digress.)

I am also an anglophile, bibliophile and wordsmith, though I haven't written any original work in five years. Hence, one of the reasons for my career change. Also, if the above writing is any indication, I apparently love parentheses. Tongue
The following 3 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Wisp
Ooh, it's Darth Cooper!

One Sith, Two Sith, Red Sith, Blue Sith....
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • CassandraElise, queenoftheDales
(02-14-2014, 09:42 PM)CassandraElise Wrote: While we're all telling our life stories...

I'm a newbie to the fandom. I caught up on all five seasons on TBS last year while living alone in an apartment. The show kept me company and made me giggle quite frequently (less frequently in the later seasons). I fell in love with Sheldon and sympathized with Penny and from those feelings arose a Shenny shipper. The good thing about getting into the fandom so late was that I knew from the beginning that Shenny was not canon and was considered an anathema in most TBBT circles. So I was prepared to go down fighting for my characters and my ship.

When I'm not discussing my favorite (former favorite?) television shows, I serenade as a elementary--primary for you Europeans--school teacher. (Actually, I just finished all my requirements and am waiting for the State to certify me; so I'm unemployed at the moment, which is exactly the same position I was in when I went back to school three years ago. But I digress.)

I am also an anglophile, bibliophile and wordsmith, though I haven't written any original work in five years. Hence, one of the reasons for my career change. Also, if the above writing is any indication, I apparently love parentheses. Tongue

I could never, ever, become a primary school teacher. I would be arrested on the first day for murder.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?