The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
(01-02-2014, 06:35 AM)Berliner Wrote: Hi all!

First, lol at the Subforum's title "Weltschmerz"! I didn't know English-speaking people would use that German term. Tongue But hey, you all say Gesundheit, don't you? Big Grin

Secondly, as you can see, I too have crossed over from the The Big Shamy Site (also under the username "Berliner").

Some little facts about me:

- born & raised in Berlin, a true Berliner (pun intended ... or not? Wink)
- graduate student at the TU Berlin (mathematics)
- I love season 1-3 and some parts of season 4.
- I adore skyscrapers
- big fan of Twin Peaks , The X-Files and The Mentalist

All hail to our Overlord Dr. Sheldon Cooper and the blonde Goddess Penny!

All hail indeed!!!!

I'm very pleased you could join us. There's a spectacular piece on the main site about Vintage Sheldon by our resident scribe Major Gripe and you will find we much appreciation here for the early seasons of the show. We hope to provide a real alternative to the 'shamy' site where we can ramble on to our hearts content.

I think a few of us, including myself are X-files fans as well. That takes me back. Big Grin

I believe "Weltschmerz" was one of Sheldon's quotes. Smile
The Truth Is Out There!

Sorry.

There's also a brilliant piece on The Cheesecake Scented Goddess by Informal Protest (love that name).
OH PLEASE...
(01-02-2014, 07:00 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: The Truth Is Out There!

Sorry.

There's also a brilliant piece on The Cheesecake Scented Goddess by Informal Protest (love that name).

This is when I need a like button.
[Image: tSpsL68_fox-mulder-dana-scully.jpg]

[Image: Sheldon-and-Penny1.jpg]
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-02-2014, 07:17 AM)Berliner Wrote: [Image: tSpsL68_fox-mulder-dana-scully.jpg]

[Image: Sheldon-and-Penny1.jpg]

That made me laugh.
Welcome Berliner!
I brought my sig with me so we can share the feeling. I'm also going to say Bildungsroman, Weltenshauung and my absolute favourite: Schandenfreude. The Germans are a comforting people.

I forgot to say something about myself: US-living, glasses-wearing, feminist, writer. I'm not as tall as Martha but you get the general idea. TuesdayPajamas, I'd like to be comfortable here, do you know a cute little segment I could meet?;-)
Sheldon: If outside is so good, why has mankind spent thousands of years trying to perfect inside?

(01-02-2014, 12:00 PM)Martha Wrote: I forgot to say something about myself: US-living, glasses-wearing, feminist, writer. I'm not as tall as Martha but you get the general idea.

[Image: Teoria-Bolshogo-Vzryva-Sheldon-Leonard-m...iginal.gif]

The first bit of German I came across was the thoroughly cheerful "Nichts ist so elend als der Mann, der alles will und der nichts kann". I used to spring that into conversations rather arbitrarily for about half a year, when I was nine. According to my mother...

Ah, youth!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Okay hamburger touchers, come to the welcome mat and say hello. Smile
Then go and start a thread or three....

With all of us sods huddling in the Sanctum, it's making me feel mildly unsettled....

GO FORTH AND PROPAGATE!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(01-02-2014, 12:00 PM)Martha Wrote: Welcome Berliner!
I brought my sig with me so we can share the feeling. I'm also going to say Bildungsroman, Weltenshauung and my absolute favourite: Schandenfreude. The Germans are a comforting people.

I forgot to say something about myself: US-living, glasses-wearing, feminist, writer. I'm not as tall as Martha but you get the general idea. TuesdayPajamas, I'd like to be comfortable here, do you know a cute little segment I could meet?;-)

It's Weltanschauung and Schadenfreude! Sorry I had to. Big Grin
Btw I love your username. Martha & Sheldon had such a great chemistry, talk about Flatland ha?
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß