The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
Howdy, fellow fans!

My name is Steven, but I am known as Shintaro Kozu to most people on Fanfiction (As that is the name I go under there, and here). In certain circles, I am known also as Atothetheist, but that's neither here nor there.

I am 18, I am a male, and an aspiring author as well as a future potential scientist (Though, I am specifically interested in Evolutionary Biology, so its a "Softer science" compared to others). I've written for fandoms like Naruto, TBBT, Harry Potter, and in the beginning, strictly Death Note.

I am the author of a fanfiction called Entropy which is by far the best work I have ever produced (Still producing it!). I recently updated it with a request for the fandom, which is the reason I signed up here. I wanted to converse as well as pick the brains of TBBT fans who are more knowledgeable in the show, as well as more experienced in romance than I am (With me being so young, its really hard to place myself in the shoes of adults, but I am trying my best!)

I am blogger as well, but I write about High School, teenager stuff so I won't bother ya with that other than to mention it. I relate most to Sheldon, but I generally liked all of the cast in seasons 1-4 (Before it all went downhill, I believe) and have always noticed the spark that Penny and Sheldon seemed to have.

Its wonderful to be here, and I hope that I can learn a lot, as well as improve enough so that my work can stand up with the greats (JLynnB, tx_fictionqueen, etc).

That's all, folks!

~SK
The following 3 users Like Shintaro Kozu's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Toad
Greetings from the Weird Side... Glad to have you among us.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Shintaro Kozu
(08-23-2015, 01:51 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Greetings from the Weird Side... Glad to have you among us.

Nice to be here, I love your writing, Space. Very much a fan!

~SK
Welcome again Shintaro. We also have the JLynn floating about somewhere but I'll let her introduce herself. Blossom
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Shintaro Kozu
(08-23-2015, 02:00 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Welcome again Shintaro. We also have the JLynn floating about somewhere but I'll let her introduce herself. Blossom

Avid follower of hers on FF.net, Thank you for the warm welcome (twice now!)

~SK
Welcome aboard Shintaro. We can always use some more writers here.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Shintaro Kozu
(08-23-2015, 02:19 AM)devilbk Wrote: Welcome aboard Shintaro. We can always use some more writers here.

I am glad to be of service! Though, writer isn't exactly a title I've earned. I hope to earn it through rigorous improvement using perspectives and info that I have learned from this site, as it pertains to the Shenny!
Greetings Shintaro!

I shall sidle off and read your Entropy work once I've at least vaguely managed a page or so of editing.
I've searched the far and dusty corners of my brain, but unfortunately, as far as I can gather, there's no justification for me reading fanfiction at 10am on a Monday morning.

Shall return.

Welcome! Wine

Gripe.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(08-24-2015, 07:24 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: Greetings Shintaro!

I shall sidle off and read your Entropy work once I've at least vaguely managed a page or so of editing.
I've searched the far and dusty corners of my brain, but unfortunately, as far as I can gather, there's no justification for me reading fanfiction at 10am on a Monday morning.

Shall return.

Welcome! Wine

Gripe.

You don't have to! I'm not really here to promote my work, just improve on it, and explain and give context as to my purpose here, but it is really sweet of you to give it a go!
I'm A.D.A., from Germany, 24 years old, and I pinched parts of a Law & Order: SVU character to create my forum identity. Raúl Esparza is too good in the role, so I'm not even sorry.

I've lots of fandoms, but TBBT is the first comedy for which I've felt the need to venture out into the internets to find other fans/ex-fans. Something was special about it once upon a time. Now, as I've said, I now watch it as a black comedy about the inevitably of disappointment in life, pretty much willfully blind to the fact that these characters are actually television people that used to be likeable.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I like Leonard - or I used to, anyway. At the very least, I think the writers have also thrown him under the bus, like pretty much every one else. My favourite interactions were the friendships - Leonard and Sheldon, Penny and both of them, Raj and Howard, the group alltogether. I also used to like Stuart before he started creeping it up on a level that seems like it should at least be looked into by my avatar (his behaviour after the Shamy/Lenny breaks this season come to mind). Even Amy, although I never liked her character, was okay in my books for like half a season because she was a rare occurence of a woman who was not Hollywood-pretty playing a love interest. That's not a snipe at the actress, by the way, who is a beautiful woman, but she doesn't fit that very, very narrow definition that I usually see fulfilled in American shows, and of course they dress her to look very frumpy on purpose. However, in the beginning, she was basically just another Sheldon, which could make their scenes grating, and then they turned her into this black hole of comedy she's right now, always looking to rein in her cra~azy boyfriend and demanding love and uuuuuugh Amy just go on a dating website and find literally any other guy, you've nothing in common with Sheldon anymore.

I'm not a shipper, so most of the plots that are just relationship drama really bore me. Maybe Shelnard, a long time ago, pre-Arctic expedition? Although I'd not want to see that on screen, I just want their friendship back. This Sheldon-as-Leonard's-dog/child idea is just way too imbalanced. There were a couple of funny jokes about that in the earlier seasons, but, as almost everything, they made it way too literal and took the fun out of it. Shenny scenes still work better, in my opinion, and although I don't ship it, they probably have the most on-screen chemistry atm. But really, as long as good comedy would come out of it, they could pair up anyone and I'd be happy. Howard and Bernadette doing the "Everybody loves Raymond" routine isn't really that riveting, though (even if I do like Rauch's portrayal of thinly veiled disgust).

So that's where I am with the show at the moment. Hello all!
The following 5 users Like A.D.A.'s post:
  • Nutz, Idle Miscreant, Toad, Kimk26, Jomi25