The Sanctum of Burning Souls (Welcome mat)
(08-18-2014, 04:52 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: Welcome again, Louise!

I'm simply delighted that we have an ardent advocate for Simon/Howard on board. Both the actor and the character tend to get short shrift, in terms of nominations and character discussion respectively. At least you can help rectify the latter. We're generally so outraged here by the character mutilations of Sheldon and Penny that I think we forget that Howard was really the first casualty of the creeping "organic growth." As I believe it's referenced elsewhere.

And now I'm thoroughly outraged because I had intended to offer up a Best of Wolowitz video as a welcome gift, figuring there'd be scads of them on YouTube, and I can't seem to find a single one. Angry How can this be?

Ahem, anyway, this is one of my favorite Howard moments. I never don't laugh when I watch it... Big Grin

Thank you so much! Yes, that is a funny moment. One of many. Oh, how I love Classic Howard...

Like I said earlier, I might not be around much, come September, because I don't watch the new episodes and I've decided to completely avoid S8, including taping reports, summaries, etc. But hopefully I will find some things to contribute...
(08-18-2014, 04:52 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: Welcome again, Louise!

I'm simply delighted that we have an ardent advocate for Simon/Howard on board. Both the actor and the character tend to get short shrift, in terms of nominations and character discussion respectively. At least you can help rectify the latter. We're generally so outraged here by the character mutilations of Sheldon and Penny that I think we forget that Howard was really the first casualty of the creeping "organic growth." As I believe it's referenced elsewhere.

And now I'm thoroughly outraged because I had intended to offer up a Best of Wolowitz video as a welcome gift, figuring there'd be scads of them on YouTube, and I can't seem to find a single one. Angry How can this be?

Ahem, anyway, this is one of my favorite Howard moments. I never don't laugh when I watch it... Big Grin

I could write so much about why I love Classic Howard, but at this point it would probably just make me sad...
How gorgeous is this? I can't take credit, it was made by someone called Mizu, on Livejournal, years ago:

[img][Image: desktop_zpsc9429d39.jpg][/img]
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Toad
Hello all, I'm the first new blood to post on here for some time I see. I'm glad to have found this community - rather by accident, as I was merely Googling to find out if the series had ended yet, and this was near the first page of results.

So, to introduce my rather dull and lifeless self - in comparison to the rest of you High-Epic folks...

I'm 25, female (last time I checked) and working in a dead-end job at a popular reasonably priced store that insists we wear read >_<. I never bothered with Uni, but my school chums all did and now I don't speak to them anymore. That might have had something to do with travelling halfway across the globe and back a couple of times, then ending up in another part of the country when I finished.

I'm English, in case you care Smile.

I'm heavy into reading fanfiction and whenever a new fandom comes along, I'm found scouring the net for something to supplement the madness that is my obsessive mind. If I get hooked, I'm hooked forever. Hence why I love classic-Sheldon so much (to an almost unhealthy degree, some would argue), and also why from the get go I believed in Shenny, not Lenny - certainly never Shamy, because She does not exist to me.

I've dabbled with writing and attempted to draw at times, but mostly I procrastinate and my weird hobbies go on hold in favour of something new.

I love manga/anime (D-Grayman, Fairytail, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Dragonball...to name a few). I love Final Fantasy games, and others of a similar type, and I also enjoy online rpgs.

Star Wars is my favourite sci-fi, although I am partial to Stargate and the occasional Star Trek too. I'm not adverse to the new trilogy of Star Wars, because I rather thought it built more on the series than detracted from it. Plus, it made me loathe The Emperor even more, so that by the final film I was just wishing for somebody to stab the old monster in the face.

Not crazy, I swear. Although my mother never had me tested, unlike Shelly-bean Smile.

I'm currently really into reading Brandon Sanderson novels, in particular I'm starting on his Stormlight series. Is there a place to discuss books anywhere here? Big Grin

My room kind of looks like a lame attempt at a nerd's hovel, but I'm working on it! Smile

I hope to make my stamp on some of the threads here to spread the Sheldon/Penny love some more ^_^
[Image: lost_paladin_banner_by_milleniumring-d8i4gzv.jpg]
The following 5 users Like MilleniumRing's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Toad, Louise, CassandraElise
"Is there a place to discuss books anywhere here?"

Oddly, for a group which contains a number of writers/wordy bastards, there ISN'T such a thread. I suspect this is because these writers are frequently here to GET AWAY from their work. As I am, for example, doing at this precise moment.
Sentence, somewhat confused, that is.
Coffee needed here, over is.

Start such a thread by all means! I'll certainly drop my own (rather predictable) Top Ten in...
And welcome again! You'll fit right in... sass

(You're the first to post in this thread for a while partially because people tend to ignore it, owing to the ridiculous name I chose. Berliner was wiser with his simple "Introduce yourself" thread...)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Ooh I shall endeavour to make such a thread then later into the day when I have returned from cruddy work.

Gah, get your coffee fix quick! I am steadily getting ready to sleep though, so caffeine would be the last thing I should be drinking.

Thanks for the welcome ^_^

I was wondering see, and now I feel foolish for putting this in here instead of searching for a different intro thread -_- .
[Image: lost_paladin_banner_by_milleniumring-d8i4gzv.jpg]
(02-16-2015, 07:51 AM)MilleniumRing Wrote: Ooh I shall endeavour to make such a thread then later into the day when I have returned from cruddy work.

Gah, get your coffee fix quick! I am steadily getting ready to sleep though, so caffeine would be the last thing I should be drinking.

Thanks for the welcome ^_^

I was wondering see, and now I feel foolish for putting this in here instead of searching for a different intro thread -_- .

Welcome MilleniumRing, also a Star Trek, Star Wars fan. I don't know a thing about manga but I have a kid sister who was addicted to Final Fantasy.
New member here. 32 year old female. Watched BBT initially, then stopped as life got busy, then started re-watching it lately. Big fanfiction reader and I write some as well. In real life I'm kept busy as a financial analyst and single mom to my three lovely kiddos. Looking forward to some BBT and Shenny conversations! I'm into Shenny as well as a few other random pairings that change/fluctuate for BBT and am also very into the fab five from the early years.
The following 8 users Like opy3332's post:
  • Louise, Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, devilbk, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, wellplayedpenny
Welcome Opy, nice to have you with us. Most of us here are not watching the newer seasons, as there's little or no Shenny anymore and the quality just doesn't stand up. But I've ever curious and we do like a good moan about it Big Grin It's a little quiet around here over hiatus, should pick up again next month.
Hi, everybody. New here. My name is Cris, I'm from Venezuela (my first language is spanish, so be nice if I make a mistake Tongue). I've been Shenny/Jaley fan about 6-7 years. One night I was zapping the tv when TBBT was on the Warner Channel LA, and the first thing I seen was an Shenny scene. The way they look to each other was magical to me, I never feel something powerful about to characters since Mulder and Scully (yeah I'm a huge fan of The X-Files btw)... and that's how I became in shenny fan.

Thank for invite me Smile
The following 3 users Like cookiecris's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad, Gamma