International Reviews of the Big Bang Theory
One of our number found this hard hitting review of the show, calling out its sexism. I have to say I was one of those who thought it was all just a joke until the later seasons when they make Sheldon sexist.

All the clips they use of Sheldon are after S5. This is one of the changes in his character which I never thought worked and was insulting to his character. I hate all the things he says, they aren't funny. The egg salad thing and the constant references to menstration are beneath Sheldon, in my view. They just seem to be meaner than they once were.

One of the reasons I easily became a Shenny was that Leonard seemed just as creepy and sexist as the other guys. Sheldon was the only decent one. But once Molaro got hold of the show Sheldon was the worse. I think he purposely ruined Sheldon because he seemed too honourable. Made Leonard look bad.

Although the writer of this piece assumes no one can take a joke, as the earlier seasons never offended me. It was only after Leonard was rewarded with Penny after being a git, and Sheldon started being much more offensive that I see his point here. Although some of the ways the writers treated Raj always grated me as well.

The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise

Messages In This Thread
RE: International Reviews of the Big Bang Theory - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-03-2017, 05:41 AM