International Reviews of the Big Bang Theory
Here we have come twonk saying how much Sheldon has grown. UGH! Do they even watch the show???

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment...e-comments

But there are some great counter comments:

From Mike.

"This is certainly not the first writing I've seen espouse this viewpoint, but man is it one I still vehemently disagree with. Sheldon hasn’t evolved, he’s devolved. In the early stages of the show he was locked into his self-made brand of social isolation and indifference towards personal interactions, but he clearly grasped how they worked. He was (despite the running joke to the contrary) sarcastic, he was caustic, he often contributed to the reading of a social/romantic situation if he deemed it intriguing. The issue was a mix of the fact that he was both disinterested in societal niceties and saw himself as above the fray. Now I’m not passing judgment on how good/bad his behavior was, but that’s how it was.

Around season 5, the writing definitely changed. Sheldon reverted. He became almost infantile in his whims, his social quirks and his behavioral ticks. Behavior that he previously scoffed at became behavior he didn’t even grasp. I don’t know how else to describe it. Yes we saw him venture into a relationship and all that comes with it, but they practically gave him a lobotomy in order to do so. It’s a faux character arc. And to me at least, that devolution of the show’s fulcrum is what caused a seasons-long drop in quality."

From Captain:

"While Sheldon is still pretty funny, he's just not sophisticated anymore."

That is it!! Sheldon isn't not the sophisticated character which brought all of your lovely people to this website and to TBBT. They have totally duped us. All for Shamy and because Lenny needed a fall guy to make their connection seem even remotely possible.
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Gamma, devilbk, Idle Miscreant, chaotic temptation

Messages In This Thread
RE: International Reviews of the Big Bang Theory - by Tuesday Pajamas - 07-15-2016, 10:40 PM