Most Overrated/Underrated Shows
There's a lot of them. *cough*TBBT*cough* This can also apply to later seasons of shows, that are ovverrated and presumed better than they are because of past better seasons.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
I'd say Star Wars. There are whole parts of it, I mean I enjoy it as a fantasy story, but parts are ludicrous! [Image: attack-clones6.gif]

(05-15-2014, 02:10 AM)pilot fish Wrote: I'd say Star Wars. There are whole parts of it, I mean I enjoy it as a fantasy story, but parts are ludicrous! [Image: attack-clones6.gif]

A lot of it is badly written and impenetrable. There are a lot of "whys" that are never asked. And the characters tend to be one-dimensional.
It's the Hero's Journey as written by a guy who was a big fan of Saturday morning serials, who then got a bit carried away by the franchise possibilities of themed lunchboxes. But it had Han Solo. And an elegant weapon for a more civilised age.
There is a Harrison Ford link; Raiders, Star Wars, Blade Runner, and even Apocalypse Now! [Image: 5884-812.gif] From dork to hero!
I've never really got why Star Wars captured people's imaginations so much. I was watching a show about strange hobbies, and there were some guys that practised Jedi as a religion. Then again, it's no stranger than Christianity...
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
I saw a film Cedar Rapids, I think some people are always nostalgic for simpler times, and simple stories of good versus evil. Star Wars, overrated, but it wasn't just lunchboxes, they invaded culture!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
I think Moon with Sam Rockwell was an underrated movie, in fact, I think there is a lot of his work that is underrated (I read that he likes to do the smaller indie films anyhow).

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3490]

Overrated:

-Grey's Anatomy
-Duck Dynasty
-The Fringe (My husband though this show was the best thing on tv.) I'm sure it's only me that thinks this about the show. I blame him.
-Good Morning America
(05-16-2014, 02:25 AM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: I've never really got why Star Wars captured people's imaginations so much. I was watching a show about strange hobbies, and there were some guys that practised Jedi as a religion. Then again, it's no stranger than Christianity...

I'm fine with anything said about Star Wars. If possible let's avoid calling any religion strange. Thank You!
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Wisp
(05-18-2014, 06:10 AM)ses1515 Wrote: I'm fine with anything said about Star Wars. If possible let's avoid calling any religion strange. Thank You!

Aye. No Politics, Religion or Charlie bloody Chaplin.

We'll try to be more prudent Ses dear fellow. Blossom

Now who the fuck DARES say anything about Star Wars! I WANT NAMES DAMMIT!

(writes names down from thread. Expands plans for portable gulag)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"