If Shenny becomes canon what does that mean?
My friends and I were ruminating on the phrase "relationships require work" and another common phrase "being in a relationship shouldn't be so hard" which seem to contradict each other. So we had decided "relationships require regular maintenance but if heroic efforts are required, junk it." was the best of both.

It made me think of Lenny Vs. Shenny.
The following 3 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, FlyingSolo
(05-17-2014, 04:28 AM)LewStonewar Wrote: My friends and I were ruminating on the phrase "relationships require work" and another common phrase "being in a relationship shouldn't be so hard" which seem to contradict each other. So we had decided "relationships require regular maintenance but if heroic efforts are required, junk it." was the best of both.

It made me think of Lenny Vs. Shenny.

This.

Shenny seemed the most plausible in the beginning and could have offered the path of least resistance in terms of writing and comedic value. It shows with them even though they are written platonically now. Watching Lenny struggle almost constantly kills the show most of the time.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • FlyingSolo
Hmm...If Shenny as a canon were introduced this late in the game, the writers would probably have to do so gradually. They love to drop bombs (uh..i mean, "ideas") in this sit-com. And they are often confusing ones that seemingly come out of the blue, such as Penny's sudden passion for Leonard in one of the episodes. I'm just scared that they would ruin the Shenny if they somehow did listen to the fans to bring them together. :O
The following 2 users Like FlyingSolo's post:
  • queenoftheDales, CassandraElise
I think it Shenny becomes canon (unlikely I know) that many hardcore Shennys might have mixed feelings. So many years of anticipation for a ship and so much disappointment. The general public won't care, they'll lap it up. Hardcore Shamys and Lennys will be hurting but the show wouldn't lose its fanbase. They've changed it so much already and are still on top, they could do anything. But in truth, I wonder if I would like the way they wrote Shenny if it happened and how it would affect our fanbase to no longer be the outsiders.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
I feel like if they wrote shenny as romance the way they write them as friends (which borders on romance half the time) I think it would be fine. They can't seem to write Sheldon and Penny being awful to each other.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Kimk26
(04-01-2016, 11:30 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I think it Shenny becomes canon (unlikely I know) that many hardcore Shennys might have mixed feelings. So many years of anticipation for a ship and so much disappointment. The general public won't care, they'll lap it up. Hardcore Shamys and Lennys will be hurting but the show wouldn't lose its fanbase. They've changed it so much already and are still on top, they could do anything. But in truth, I wonder if I would like the way they wrote Shenny if it happened and how it would affect our fanbase to no longer be the outsiders.

I think we'd either love it or hate it. Personally, I don't even know if I truly want it to happen because there's so much good fan fiction out there about it do we really need it to be canon at this point?
They don't seem to be willing to make Sheldon and Penny truly incapable. It would be easier to just keep them as complete rivals. It would certainly make the canons a lot happier. Instead they keep harping on about this brother-sister thing. Which makes no sense.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz, Kimk26
(04-01-2016, 11:38 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: They don't seem to be willing to make Sheldon and Penny truly incapable. It would be easier to just keep them as complete rivals. It would certainly make the canons a lot happier. Instead they keep harping on about this brother-sister thing. Which makes no sense.

It's like they can't write them being against each other bc it doesn't make sense (and it doesn't) so to make sure their canon couples can stay canon, they force the sibling thing. It is really odd. Like we get it! You don't have to say it every time they interact! (Mind you this is recent... S8-9) I don't think it came up during S7)
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Darcy of Asgard, Kimk26
(04-01-2016, 11:38 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: They don't seem to be willing to make Sheldon and Penny truly incapable. It would be easier to just keep them as complete rivals. It would certainly make the canons a lot happier. Instead they keep harping on about this brother-sister thing. Which makes no sense.

Ew. People in a sibling type relationship do not look at each other the way these two do.
The following 1 user Likes Darcy of Asgard's post:
  • Kimk26
(04-01-2016, 11:40 AM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: It's like they can't write them being against each other bc it doesn't make sense (and it doesn't) so to make sure their canon couples can stay canon, they force the sibling thing. It is really odd. Like we get it! You don't have to say it every time they interact! (Mind you this is recent... S8-9) I don't think it came up during S7)

The first mention was 8.16 The Intimacy Acceleration where TPTB seemed to be making a statement to the public about a fandom ship and this is not something I have ever seen before.

ALL big shows have ship-wars but I've never have a seen a group of writers break the fourth wall over one. By doing so they have admitted that there's an elephant in the room. And they got away with it! The only ripple was the discomfort felt within the fandom by the canon shippers, and the 'repeat until death' sibling mantra that everyone now hangs on too.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26, Darcy of Asgard, QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk