If Shenny becomes canon what does that mean?
I have to say that I am not in favor of a traditional romantic pairing from these characters (especially with these writers). For the final season if they go with a Shenny pairing I would say:

* Have Sheldon and Penny try to make Leonard and Amy jealous by pretending to be a couple this could be episodes of fun as they fight back and forth on what they need to do (and how to do it), crash and burn scenarios where Leonard and Amy aren't buying it, and trying to one up each other to "prove" how much they are together (and if by the last episode of season 10 they realize and admit that they really aren't pretending anymore that's fine)

* Or just continue to give them emotionally intimate/have each others back moments so Howard and Raj can do some old school heckling of/to Leonard and Amy, and Bernadette can shriek at them that they better make a move to lock them back down before Sheldon/Penny realize they might really be good together.

I DON'T want to see Penny begging for sex, or Sheldon/Penny actually having sex (although them pretending to so Leonard and Amy hear would be funny). In fact, they don't officially have them get together until the tag of the last episode of the series, I would be completely happy.

Bottom line: I would rather Sheldon and Penny just remain friends if it means that TPTB and the writers frack up the core of what they have now just to make them "romantic"
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Yes, they hang on. But that must not be so much important at all.

At this point I must again refer to another favourite show of mine. At "The X-Files" there were so much fans who preferred Scully and Mulder as sibling-like partners or good friends. But when they became a real couple, they accepted and liked it. Because it was good made. There is no reason why by Penny and Sheldon it not could work in that way.

How I would feel if "Shenny" become cannon........?

................like Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" Big Grin
Gotta admit Nutz... I kinda want to see shenny making out each week lol... But that's me. I don't think would be begging for sex or anything. They have such a different dynamic. But I do understand the fear of these writers getting a hold of romantic Shenny. I get that
Bitches be crazy. 
(04-01-2016, 01:08 PM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: Gotta admit Nutz... I kinda want to see shenny making out each week lol... But that's me. I don't think would be begging for sex or anything. They have such a different dynamic. But I do understand the fear of these writers getting a hold of romantic Shenny. I get that

They have so much chemistry (+of the right kind) that they could make out every episode and it would be peachy. And never forget: Sheldon is not only comfortable with Penny touching him, he enjoys her touch.
I would buy Sheldon being into Penny physically and emotionally. I would also buy him having a hard time accepting it. I can not however buy him being attracted to Amy on any level (but let's not get into that as this is a different topic) so Shenny canon could work for a season or so but not too long. There is a limit to nerd gets girl and Lenny are suffering from an over stretched plot. Sheldon and Penny would have more longevity because they make for better stories but once they matched up I'd like it to end because they are the power house and the other characters would become superfluous.
Pursuant to Nutz's thought that Penny & Sheldon make believe that they're together, I can imagine a scene where they are in Penny's apartment sitting on her couch making sex sounds to make Leonard and Amy who are listening at the door believe that they are engaged in coitus. And Leonard comments to Amy "Every frakking night and some mornings and afternoons too. They just don't stop. And I don't need Sheldon's Vulcan hearing to hear it either. They're loud!" And Amy is just totally shocked. And inside Sheldon says "We really should record this so we don't have to sit here sounding silly." Penny responds, "It doesn't seem silly to me. I think it's kind of hot. Don't you like making sex sounds with me, Sheldon?"
I think the writers have tried unsuccessfully for 4/5 years to ruin Shenny, and all they have accomplished is to make it abundantly clear to anyone who doesn't have Lamy glasses on that there is something missing from the show when these two don't interact. Because Jim and Kaley play off each other so beautifully, there is always that spark missing when Shenny is forced to stay in opposite story lines and not speak to each other. I don't think the writers could ruin a Shenny romance even if they tried. Jim and Kaley would somehow find a way to make even the most absurd story lines work for their characters. Think about the kiss scene from this season: the plot was absolutely weak. Penny was mad at Leonard cheating on her so she was going to get even by kissing Sheldon. And yet Jim and Kaley made it work and brought down the house with their chemistry.  Cool I also wouldn't be surprised if that dream kiss was a test to see if there was still an audience interested in Shenny. I think it's curious how that kiss showed up this season, and now that we're nearing the finale, we're seeing more and more "angst" with the canon couples.

I think if TPTB are going to explore a Shenny romance, now is the perfect time. There is actually a semblance of continuity right now with Leonard and Amy becoming progressively more jealous of Sheldon and Penny's special relationship. We have hints of it in next week episode with Leonard whining that Penny's never nice to him after she compliments Sheldon on his hat. Then we have a whole episode devoted to this jealousy, and then Zack shows up. If it turns out Penny and Leonard are not really married, and they're going to take a time out, I will do a victory jig. 

Sheldon and Amy are even easier to break up. They already did it once this year. Why not again? Surely Sheldon will do something else so "unforgivable" that Queen Amy dumps his sorry hiney until he learns to behave.  Dodgy 
With both Penny and Sheldon single for the first time since season 5 (Geesh!), there is no reason not to explore that romantic avenue.
The following 8 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Trust No One, Darcy of Asgard, Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Kimk26, lilyben3, Serpent In Red, CTR69