If Shenny becomes canon what does that mean?
I realize the rules says that we cant Ship Cannon. However what if Shenny becomes canon?
We will all disappear in a puff of logic. And the site will briefly resemble an Escher picture, as it turns in upon itself and becomes an impossible vision.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Wisp
And a bunch of tween girls will burn their cardigans and never be heard from again.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Wisp
I think the only way Shenny becomes romantic in canon would be because tptb have exhausted all other plot lines that could save this titanic from sinking. There would have to be so much done to the show and characters to make it happen. (it's not like the don't have at least 60 episodes to do it).

I'd prefer a slow burn to the end (I'm talking 'Series Finale' end), in that case though, so Sheldon and Penny can give Lamy a big fat F**K YOU before the credits. Unlikely but a girl can dream. Rolleyes

(05-12-2014, 10:12 PM)devilbk Wrote: And a bunch of tween girls will burn their cardigans and never be heard from again.

I wait for this moment, it will glorious Big Grin
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally, CassandraElise, FranEssi
There will still be a need for this site Gripe. Even if TPTB do decide to run a Hail Mary play and send in the Shenny, you know they'll fuck it up. These two characters are so far gone from the originals we were introduced with I'm sure that any relationship between them will end up just as unhealthy and twisted as all the others are on this show.

So we'll just be complaining about how they could screw up a couple with that much chemistry and long for the days of Seasons 1-3 again. See same song, just a slightly different tune.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • FranEssi, Idle Miscreant
The only way I see a door ever opening for Shenny is if Johnny leaves the show.
(05-12-2014, 01:21 PM)SheldonCooperFan Wrote: I realize the rules says that we cant Ship Cannon. However what if Shenny becomes canon?

We will change the rules to.... "can't ship canon EXCEPT SHENNY". Tongue

They are pushing everything in the other direction, so we don't except to get our shenny. Sad
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Trust No One
Can I still expect to get my Sheldon/Wil Wheaton? What is that...Sheaton? Weldon? Shelton? Shelton is what Sheldon is sometimes called by less-than-vigilant watchers on facebook...

"Hey, I love that Shelton guy. Buzzinga right? Lol!"

Shut up.

I've never assumed Shenny was going to happen at all, no more than I expect Shelton is going to happen.

Thus whenever some gormless bastard starts gloating about some canon event, as though the arbitrary scenes in a sitcom in any way impact my appreciation for a hypothetical couple in an alternate dimension, for example, recently Leonard and Penny's engagement, I can only boggle in wonder at the sheer vastness of their stupidity.

It's called imagination, you fucknob.

Anyroad. It reminds me of Sheldon's explanation to Howard, that he never said Howard wasn't good at what he does, it's just that what he does isn't worth doing.

I never said that the canon couples weren't occurring, I just maintain they're not worth supporting. Or broadcasting. Or filming. Or writing in the first place.

And yes, Shenny would have been better. Aesthetically, comedically, philosophically.

It's not too late! It would elevate the series to art if they managed it. The polar protagonists, the battle of wills, the final joining of forces. They needn't even show the process. Just intimate it at the end. All the pieces are in place to make it "endgame" if they wished.

But they don't wish. So we're stuck with this fetid mantle of mediocre romance that the show's currently staggering under.

Would they had the courage to cast it off!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 8 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp, queenoftheDales, Gamma, lewstonewar, FlyingMonkey, ricardo shillyshally, CassandraElise, Jomi25
(05-13-2014, 05:29 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: We will change the rules to.... "can't ship canon EXCEPT SHENNY". Tongue

They are pushing everything in the other direction, so we don't except to get our shenny. Sad

TP, so Missy/Ses Shipping is not allowed? Tongue
I think on this site Shenny is canon(along with Shelton, or whatever entertains you)! I think once the show has ended, people will remember the Sheldon and Penny interactions. The early episodes still make me laugh. My sign of a classic!
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Jomi25