Site issues and upgrades
HQ went down today as some of you who stumbled into the twisted wreckage would have seen. But I hoped you saw out maintenance sign on the forum?

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-08-01%20at%2018.59....vnhfyp.png]

My apologies to Nutz, we have lost a few recent posts. Including your new thread RODEO. Sorry. BlossomBlush
Lost ALL the posts I posted yesterday. Not cool man, not cool.
O.K. I forgive you. Although, damn it. I wish I had kept those thread descriptions somewhere. I was quite proud of them.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
After yesterday the Quick Edit button is not working. You'll have to use Full Edit until I can find out why.
Okay after the disastrous forum upgrade recently I thought I'd give you all fare warning of the next one.

The site will be closed for 3 hours (I hope it won't take longer than this) on:

LA - Sunday 30 Aug, 11am - 2pm
NY - Sunday 30 Aug, 2pm - 5pm
AU - Monday 31 Aug, 4am - 7am
UK - Sunday 30th August 7pm - 10pm

So please keep note of any posts you do in the 12 hours before this upgrade begins, incase we lose any of them.
SITE UPGRADE

After my last attempt sucked :p and I reverted back to the old version losing 24 hours of your jibber jabber and a great thread by Nutz for the fan fics collection I'm giving you all fair warning that for the next 24 hours or so, to be advised to save any important posts elsewhere in case they are lost.

HQ will cross over to the dark side of the moon, at the times in the post above. At this time you will get a no access message, if you don't and manage to log in please log out immediately as it may affect the upgrade. The banner will be up on the main site. I might start a couple of hours earlier but will keep you updated here.
Any lurkers HQ crosses over in 1hr 15mins, you will see an error message for a while saying:

FORBIDDEN.

We'll be BACK! Big Grin
Star 
We're BACK!!

Welcome to our brand new upgraded forums. Lovely streamline software this is, works like a charm.

There's a few features missing or to change.
1. We don't yet have a new like button.
2. There's a 'report' button but I will probably remove this unless you guys think its worth keeping. No one attacks other members in this little group, we are too too busy with fictional characters to bother real people Big Grin
3. A few icons need updating. The 'news feed' and 'calendar' have search icons for now.
4. Post icons are back and instead of spending hours removing them from all the templates as they are so boring I thought we could replace them with more SHOW relevent items. Please post your requests. I'm using a star on this post and yes that IS all they do.

There may be other stuff, maybe you can tell me if you find anything. Tongue
If you see anything I've missed or anything not working properly, please post here. Thanks.

New features
1. Portal - with is a link up near the help link, which shows all the newest posts and stuff.
2. Grumblebox - is now adaptly named and if you click on the name it open in a little floating chat box. Quite handy when browsing other sites. Or you can view archive (another link)
3. Soft delete. - You now have an option restore something you have deleted accidently. When you delete a post, it stays but goes all purple and if you decide you want it back you can restore it. No one can see it but you.
One thing I will say about this new software. the text size is quite small. Thoughts?
(09-02-2015, 02:21 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: One thing I will say about this new software. the text size is quite small. Thoughts?

The highest it goes is 7 pt? Yes, that's very small. You would think it would at least go up to the standard of 12 pt
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
There isn't a text size option at all. Strange, the earlier software had loads of options.