0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.24 The Status Quo Combustion
Stuart's looking after Howard's mother now? And the store's burned down? Hmm...

As for Sheldon escaping, that seems too good to be true. It doesn't seem like something TPTB would do. I'm not willing to believe this, and I'm not going to give in and watch the show again, but... damn.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Satnight815
I enjoyed the episode and can't wait for season 8 to see what they do next. Did Sheldon ring Penny's mobile in the last scene or does Amy have a pink one too? Penny did ask him to keep in touch.
The following 3 users Like stargazer1001's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Satnight815, Jomi25
SHENNY AFFECTION HeartBlossom

This episode was a welcome surprise. Sheldon's slow breakdown was believable and poignant. FINALLY, instead of just portraying him as an annoying prat they made us see how much he is suffering. Because Sheldon is not like other men, otherwise Leonard and Penny wouldn't indulge him like they do. They understand. Amy does not!

Really liked Leonard showing what a great friend he can be and Penny - once more we see she is the woman for Sheldon (sorry Leonard) but she's the woman who's nature is best suited to our unlikely hero.

GAHHHHHH! these gifs are SO FRIGGING CUTE!

[Image: tumblr_n5neuflm3D1rrafppo1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_n5neuflm3D1rrafppo2_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_n5neuflm3D1rrafppo3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_n5neuflm3D1rrafppo4_250.gif]
The following 9 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, devilbk, Satnight815, Gamma, Berliner, CassandraElise, Jomi25
We also have an amazing review by Check E. Light. Please post your appreciation. Rated 2x Penny Blossoms.

http://www.shennyhq.com/#!The-Status-Quo...tion/c17n9

[Image: tumblr_n5nw6kOck41s6fovto1_500.jpg]
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, devilbk, Satnight815, Gamma
Excellent episode!!BlossomBlossomBlossom

Also an excellent jumping off point for those who can't bear to suffer thru the next three seasons that WILL culminate in the final deliverance of Vintage Sheldon into the clutches of the Undeserving One.

The Howardette story was entertaining even though it was a bit "heavy" on the tired old "my mom is fat" jokes.

Stuart was very good.

I even liked Leonard in this one. He showed himself to be a real friend. And Penny was spectacular.

Sheldon is FREE!!! That's the way I will remember him. Long live Vintage Sheldon!Big Grin

End of series for me.Heart
The following 8 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Trust No One, Berliner, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Jomi25
(05-17-2014, 01:37 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Excellent episode!!BlossomBlossomBlossom

Also an excellent jumping off point for those who can't bear to suffer thru the next three seasons that WILL culminate in the final deliverance of Vintage Sheldon into the clutches of the Undeserving One.

The Howardette story was entertaining even though it was a bit "heavy" on the tired old "my mom is fat" jokes.

Stuart was very good.

I even liked Leonard in this one. He showed himself to be a real friend. And Penny was spectacular.

Sheldon is FREE!!! That's the way I will remember him. Long live Vintage Sheldon!Big Grin

It really is quite a good ending for the show. Sheldon is independent again and leaves Penny and Leonard to get on with married life.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Trust No One, Idle Miscreant
(05-17-2014, 02:10 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: It really is quite a good ending for the show. Sheldon is independent again and leaves Penny and Leonard to get on with married life.

I would like to see Sheldon take Penny's place and have Penny move in with Leonard. I do not want Sheldon blamed if things go south with the Lenny. Unless it goes south because Penny falls for Sheldon. Big Grin

(05-17-2014, 01:37 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Excellent episode!!BlossomBlossomBlossom

Stuart was very good.

I still cannot take the Howardette. TPTB really need to give them something outside Howard's mom and Bernie yelling. No complaints about Leonard. I thought he was better than Penny in this episode. Amy was her same lousy self. I thought Stuart was good. I thought Raj was a little annoying.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • CassandraElise
BlossomBlossom, max. this season. Still haven't watched the episode (maybe I give it at try in summer), but having read the comments here I can say I'm convinced. Smile
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
Quote:A quirky "relationship of the mind" might have been doable. It certainly would have been more believable (and palatable) for the noble, solitary and ASEXUAL Sheldon Cooper to remain perfectly aloof to the physical demands of a conventional pairing. Alas, to the absolute horror of Sheldon Purists and Nostalgics, they've elected to gradually slough off his more nettlesome (and character-defining) aspects in order to sell (yes, sell) this ship story, which generally seems to list to the side under the weight of Amy's needs and point of view.

Thank you. I completely agree.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
I know I am a bit late with this but I re-watched the episode today.

While the Howard/Bernadette/Howard's Mom storyline was definitely nothing new, the humor wasn't as cringeworthy as it has been in the past. It was sort of amusing and largely forgettable, add Stuart at the end bonding with "Debbie" and it made a good B story to counter the heavier story involving Sheldon's breakdown.

It was nice to see serious Sheldon back again. His carefully controlled world is coming apart and I found his response to be pretty spot on for someone with his myriad social and anxiety issues. Contrary to people who think that he is just throwing a tantrum because he isn't getting his way, loosing this control is a big deal to him- its how he deals with the world around him. Not to mention these are not small problems to anyone, socially aware or not. Having to face a career crisis(especially for someone like Sheldon whose identity is his career) and a change in living arraignments at the same time would be a pretty big blow to most people. That Amy, who supposedly cares about him, saw this as an opportunity to push her agenda does nothing to elevate her character. Then she turns and blames Leonard for his running off. Yeah.

The train station. Jim, Kaley, and Johnny conveyed the emotions in the scene without being maudlin The dynamics were pretty spot on too. Leonard cares for Sheldon, but his way of handling him is to cajole and manipulate him. He wasn't really listening to what Sheldon was saying. Penny on the other hand usually takes Sheldon as he comes. If he gets on her nerves she tells him. If he is being too much she tells him. She also tends to listen to him and notice when he is having problems. So it is right that she was the one that really looked at him and listened to what he was saying and convinced Leonard that letting him go was what needed to happen. As Penny said more that once, he is a grown man. As others have said, Penny hugging Sheldon and kissing his cheek, so sweet.

The tag scene with Amy attacking Leonard. Ugh. So his girlfriend who has seen him go through a bit of a career crisis this season and, as a neurobiologist, should know a lot about Sheldon's pathologies attacks Leonard because he didn't stop a grown man from making his own decisions. Not thinking, as Penny and Leonard were, that this would be good for him and he could figure out what direction he wants his life to go next. No that would be wrong because she wouldn't be there to influence that decision. But of course the worst sin of all was that Sheldon sounded happy and he was happy without her. And people accuse Sheldon of being a self-centered jerk.

This is the first season finale I have enjoyed in several seasonsBlossomBlossom
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 7 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, taffinabean, Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, queenoftheDales, Berliner, Jomi25