0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.24 The Status Quo Combustion
(05-04-2014, 12:31 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: [Image: TBBT-7x24-1.jpg]

On a completely unrelated matter, is it NORMAL then, to have a fridge covered in cutesy-wutesy photos of yourself and your designated husband, yourself and your self-proclaimed bestie (who isn't) and yourself and the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker...etc?
(...)
Do other people here have photos of themselves on their fridge, mantelpiece, wall, or credenza? Is this in fact an established custom, or does Penny merely need to remind herself on a daily basis of the life she's living, lest she forget and accidentally think she had some nobler purpose?

Yes, I think having pictures on the icebox like that is relatively normal. In fact, for a 20-something with that type of personality, I'd be worried if she didn't have cutesy pictures and shit all over the place. To be honest, I think the set people got her apartment dead on with the clutter and mess. I'm willing to bet money that there are many-a young adult's apartment that looks exactly like that. I've had to live with it before.

I do think that maybe she needs to look at them and see if some of her old friends are available to slap some reality back into her Dodgy

Also, for someone who is unemployed, she makes sure that impromptu liquor cabinet on top of the icebox is stocked.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-04-2014, 09:03 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Yes, I think having pictures on the icebox like that is relatively normal. In fact, for a 20-something with that type of personality, I'd be worried if she didn't have cutesy pictures and shit all over the place. To be honest, I think the set people got her apartment dead on with the clutter and mess. I'm willing to bet money that there are many-a young adult's apartment that looks exactly like that. I've had to live with it before.

I do think that maybe she needs to look at them and see if some of her old friends are available to slap some reality back into her Dodgy

Also, for someone who is unemployed, she makes sure that impromptu liquor cabinet on top of the icebox is stocked.

Mine's got moomins, a magnet of my friends band and various other whatnots, no photos though. People don't print photos anymore do they?
(05-04-2014, 08:26 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: That is not "whiny bitch face" that is "compassion and concern". It's difficult to tell, because they look similar. AND IT'S A LOVELY SCENE YOU SCOUNDREL.

Gripe shall weep. Or at least make dignified snuffling noises.

I could make a Leonard-Centric Facial Recognition chart, but it'd probably end up just as inappropriately labelled and confusing as my own. And have the same limited collection of expressions.

I see LewStonewar (the Jibbering Gibbon!) does not read Taping Reports. This is interesting. Should we be shutting up about Spoilers then? I always presumed no-one around here cared about having an episode "spoiled" in advance, as it is invariably spoiled when it airs, by one thing or another.

Ha ha ha! A "joke". I have to explain that, because it looks similar to "not a joke"...

Spoilers are fine. I simply don't care enough to spoil myself purposely. Speculating with little to no information is fun for me! IF it is not for you I will stop.
The following 1 user Likes lewstonewar's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-04-2014, 09:03 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Yes, I think having pictures on the icebox like that is relatively normal. In fact, for a 20-something with that type of personality, I'd be worried if she didn't have cutesy pictures and shit all over the place. To be honest, I think the set people got her apartment dead on with the clutter and mess. I'm willing to bet money that there are many-a young adult's apartment that looks exactly like that. I've had to live with it before.

Yes, I think it's fairly normal to have a fridge that cluttered. Of course it's usually girls in their late teens/early 20's that do this. Just think of the walls of any 13-16 year old girl (of course my walls were covered with cast photos and articles from M.A.S.H. Oh Hawkeue, you sarcastic bastard, I loved you) but usually by the time they're almost 30 the clutter has turned into magnets, memo pads, kids drawings, awards, and most of the pictures are of a super model to remind yourself not to snack in the middle of the night.

But concerning Penny, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember her fridge looking like this. I'm trying to think back on those scenes in the kitchen in past seasons and don't remember it looking like a 15 year olds bedroom wall. It always had a few things, but this looks like someone threw up people all over it, so I'm taking it as just another way the show is trying to "show" us she's happy and has a vast amount of friends we never see or hear about (although to me it's just another sign of regression) instead of writing good episodes that would fulfill and truly make the character happy (a last friggin name would be a good start)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-05-2014, 12:32 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: But concerning Penny, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember her fridge looking like this. I'm trying to think back on those scenes in the kitchen in past seasons and don't remember it looking like a 15 year olds bedroom wall. It always had a few things, but this looks like someone threw up people all over it, so I'm taking it as just another way the show is trying to "show" us she's happy and has a vast amount of friends we never see or hear about (although to me it's just another sign of regression) instead of writing good episodes that would fulfill and truly make the character happy (a last friggin name would be a good start)

Yup. More not-so-subtle hints that everything is hunky-dory in Penny-land and that her engagement to the hobbit can only make things better. Puke

I like the juxtaposition of the two characters here. Penny happy and sunny (and deluded) and Amy sad and mopey. And we know why Amy is sad and mopey. Whatever is going on is not about her.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-05-2014, 01:21 AM)devilbk Wrote: I like the juxtaposition of the two characters here. Penny happy and sunny (and deluded) and Amy sad and mopey. And we know why Amy is sad and mopey. Whatever is going on is not about her.

I was thinking the same thing about the contrasting moods of the picture. Especially because AFF looks so exuberant in the the first picture, which is what I assume to be in the beginning of the episode.

It's the face of someone who just got a helping of humble pie.
(05-05-2014, 02:43 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I was thinking the same thing about the contrasting moods of the picture. Especially because AFF looks so exuberant in the the first picture, which is what I assume to be in the beginning of the episode.

It's the face of someone who just got a helping of humble pie.

Exuberant? I would have gone with mental or a bit crazed... yes it's definitely crazed. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-05-2014, 02:13 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Exuberant? I would have gone with mental or a bit crazed... yes it's definitely crazed. Tongue

Hmmmm...You make a good point
[Image: TBBT-7x24-11.jpg]
[Image: the-shining.jpg]
I see it now Big Grin
The following 4 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Satnight815, Wisp
...omg, yes. Sheldon holed up in his room, cowering behind the bed, as she chops at the door with an axe... "Heeeeeree's Amy!!"
The following 7 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, devilbk, Jislane35, Satnight815, Nutz, Wisp
(05-05-2014, 03:41 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: ...omg, yes. Sheldon holed up in his room, cowering behind the bed, as she chops at the door with an axe... "Heeeeeree's Amy!!"

Lol. I love it Space! Big Grin

All work and no foreplay makes Amy a dull girl! Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Satnight815's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Nutz, Jislane35, Wisp