The worst films/shows you've ever seen.
Er, the worst films/shows you've ever seen. This can include individual episodes of otherwise good shows. And yes, I know, post s3 TBBT is a given.They don't even have to be that bad. If you just hate them for whatever reason, that counts too. Mine:

- The Love Guru. Mike Myers, what happened? (I tried to make myself watch it again just the other day. It was even worse the second time round)
- The Wicker Man Remake (Why the fuck would you remake The Wicker Man) The original Wicker Man is the only film apart from The Shining that scares the shit out of me.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Anna And The King (Why the fuck would you remake The King And I)
- Beer Pong Road Trip or something (I only watched it because it contained Danny Pudi. Even he could not save it.)
- Big Fish
- The Woman In Black
- Rules Of Engagement
- Hoodwinked
- Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy (I hate to say this, but I just thought it was stupid. If you sucked the soul out of The Mighty Boosh you'd have a vastly superior version of Noel Fielding's Luxury comedy.)
- Series 1 of Blackadder. Just... ugh.
- The Conventions of Sace and Time episode in Harmon-less s4 of Community. Matt fucking Lucas? I have no problem with him any other time, but... Community? Also the real Community would not outright pedestrianise "geekery" by doing an episode in a convention.
-White Chicks
-Twilight (I watched the first one because people WOULD NOT SHUT UP about it. I will never understand why people fancy Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. Michael Sheen's where it's at. If you're me.)
-Any Red Dwarf Episode post series 6
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Nutz
(05-02-2014, 06:42 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: -Any Red Dwarf Episode post series 6

Not a Kochanski fan then Tongue. She was terrible but I loved the old Kochanski...

[Image: Red-Dwarf-Kochanski-5-590x350.jpg]
Aww, that's a nice picture. Yeah, old Kochanski wasn't a problem. But if she had been there permanently she might've been.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

Pretty much everything directed/designed by Baz Luhrman. Most pretentious crap I've ever seen. To be honest I find it quite difficult to sit through more than five minutes of his craptastic super-long music videos. I totally get what he's attempting and in the hand of a TALENTED director it might even be good.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Wisp, CassandraElise
I don't even remember the titles of the films, but I enjoy just watching crap films, sometimes! They're easy, no thinking required! I know two films that if you made me watch, I would consider it torture! Bad Boys 1&2!!!
(05-02-2014, 09:39 PM)devilbk Wrote: Pretty much everything directed/designed by Baz Luhrman. Most pretentious crap I've ever seen. To be honest I find it quite difficult to sit through more than five minutes of his craptastic super-long music videos. I totally get what he's attempting and in the hand of a TALENTED director it might even be good.

I see what you mean here. They're overly quirky, with little real heart... Just casting Nicole Kidman more than once in films is enough to turn me off a director...

Speaking of overly quirky with no real heart, did anyone else hate The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus? My mam likes it and she keeps getting me to watch it again. Not gonna happen.

The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • devilbk
(05-03-2014, 11:58 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: I see what you mean here. They're overly quirky, with little real heart... Just casting Nicole Kidman more than once in films is enough to turn me off a director...

Speaking of overly quirky with no real heart, did anyone else hate The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus? My mam likes it and she keeps getting me to watch it again. Not gonna happen.

They're quirky just to be quirky, not because the story calls for it. And I find the insertion of current music in period pieces annoying.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Wisp, CassandraElise
Recent movies: Twilight. I tried not to watch it, but nooo my girlfriend insisted on it like every other week. So I gave up and went to the cinema ... it was horrible. Sock
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Wisp
Hmmmmm.....

-True Blood

-ER, 10x3 "Dear Abby" (This show was my first love. I STILL have some episodes on VHS that I recorded before those fancy dvds came out. This episode was the beginning of the downfall of the show for me. Why in the FUCK would the writers have Carter leave to Africa and breakup with Abby over a letter. A LETTER?! Angry It was a bitch move on the writers part. This was the first time I realized how easily tptb can destroy a tv show. It still makes me angry. Dodgy)

-Grey's anatomy starting when Izzy had the ghost problem.

-American Idol (in fact, every competition show that features a sob story vignette by the participants)

-Jack Reacher
-Dragonball Evolution
-Anything done with/by Adam Sandler

-Monsters University. (I took my nephew to go see that last summer and it was the looooooongest animated movie I've ever suffered through. The whole time all I could think about was 'when are these bastards gonna graduate??')

-Iron Man 3
-The Invention of Lying

-The Simpsons Movie. (The first time the husband and I went, I passed out during the opening scenes. So, being a good sport, I agreed to go again and the exact same thing happened. Had to be the movie, sure as hell wasn't me)

-Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
-Ryan Reynolds (...just all of it)
-Rom-coms that star Gerard Butler
^ For some reason I can't stand Adam Sandler. I don't find him funny or entertaining at all, just annoying.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Wisp