Other Obsessions Of Ours
Focus my nerd mind on specific areas.

My recent obsession is watching undersea reef footage. Put on my music, watch and trip out! If I told you that these creatures lived on an alien planet, with a liquid atmosphere, more believable than most film aliens.

The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise, Gamma, FlyingSolo
Music is definitely my main language, after TV shows and movies. Went to Tufnell Park last night for a gig (Dev's birth place) and the singer looks in my opinion, like a fair Jim Parsons.

Janne from Circle and Pharaoh Overlord

[Image: JanneWesterlundJanne_promo1_zps1df0bd7a.jpg]

You can't see it as much in photographs but standing at the front of the stage I kept thinking, Sheldon's in a band Big Grin His eyes are really blue but I can't find an image that shows this. He looks more like him in the flesh. Everything but Jim's refined nose.

Can you guys see any resemblance?

[Image: m_Photo_by_nauska_3-e1364986136966-468x441.jpg]
For the past few weeks, this kid from our local version of The Voice has been my absolute favorite. She's too precious! So young, yet so talented. She was coached on the show by Ms. Lea Salonga, which must be a dream come true for her since Lea is also her ultimate music idol (lucky girl). Sadly, she only came in third. But I'm definitely excited for her future projects. ^^

This is just adorable, and supposedly Jim Hensen Made up the facial expressions and script for Kermit on the fly for most of the skit.

“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Okay, so I'm really late to the party, but I just started reading GRRM's epic. (I was looking for quotes about chaos, found a clip on YouTube that had a very delicious Irishman being Machiavellian, and kind of fell into Westeros.). I'm reading the books before I watch the series. But, I want to flail about this. I've been deliberately avoiding it all until the Bastard Book from Hell was drafted out, but the first draft is done, so I can dive right in. I mean, it has twisty medieval politics, swords, batshit Lovecraft references, weird magic, dragons, giant wolves, ice zombies, and a smirking, devious asshole as the smartest man in the room. AnJLbait.

Please tell me there are other GoT fans here.
Sad to say, I haven't watched (or read) GoT. (Talk about late to the party). Right now  I am obsessed with Westworld. No dragons, but still totally awesome. Sort of reminds me of Firefly (if the Alliance built a western theme park of Robots that were becoming sentient). Tongue
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Heh, wanna bet there *isn't* a planet like that? Mind you, didn't Nandi live on a planet that was the living version? People are presumably cheaper than 'bots.

(There was a discarded script idea that Serenity would find a planet with a bunch of warehoused biosoldiers. Joss' Marvel fanboy becomes more and more blatant with hindsight.)

I had a fic idea that they'd find a planet where some idiot had thought that 'Jurassic Park' was a) a documentary and b) a good idea. But that was because I wanted to see Jayne ride into battle on a dinosaur.
(05-02-2017, 02:10 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Heh, wanna bet there *isn't* a planet like that? Mind you, didn't Nandi live on a planet that was the living version? People are presumably cheaper than 'bots.

(There was a discarded script idea that Serenity would find a planet with a bunch of warehoused biosoldiers. Joss' Marvel fanboy becomes more and more blatant with hindsight.)

I had a fic idea that they'd find a planet where some idiot had thought that 'Jurassic Park' was a) a documentary and b) a good idea. But that was because I wanted to see Jayne ride into battle on a dinosaur.

Wash seeing a real Dino fight would be awesome...and Jayne on a dinosaur? Squee!
So... STRANGER THINGS! I seriously want to write such a long thing about this show. I just... im honestly floored by it. As someone who has been hurt so many times by shows and is jaded! I was SHOCKED! So freaking good. I'll write something longer when I have time. I recommend it. Watch it before October...
Bitches be crazy.