46.15%
6 46.15%
3 Dirty Socks
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.23 The Gorilla Dissolution
(05-01-2014, 02:23 AM)devilbk Wrote: I'm not so sure about Penny any more. She's let Leonard get away with a lot of stuff all through the season. And she has excused it by thinking he loves her. Leonard's concept of love is pretty twisted. He's used it to tear her down to nothing. Now he's going to rebuild her into a better more Leonard-friendly Penny, with nobody competing with him for her attention. If when we meet up with them again in September they are happily planning their future, then we'll know that we are dealing with a very different Penny than the one we fell in love with. And it's a Penny we aren't going to even like.

Agreed. Penny is becoming more and more of a pushover with every episode. This may sound biased, but the only time I've notice a bit of her "take no crap" attitude is when she is teamed up with Sheldon. The other girls seem to be singling her out and Raj, Howard and Sheldon are busy doing whatever, which just leaves Leonard. The Lenny scenes aren't even funny. Leonard gets away with murder in terms of being a crappy, unsupportive boyfriend. And from past episodes this season, any type of positive support he shows her will be seen as bullshit to me.

It's obvious that she needs to be around people outside of this group.
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • devilbk, Jomi25, Jislane35
I don't like her very much now. I was rather disappointed with her from the beginning of season 3, really, when she took up with the little troll after he crapped all over his friend. She's just gone into a spiral since then - more drinking, less fun and hope. (She's reverted back to the dim, feckless tart of the failed pilot - which failed *because* the test audience didn't like the hard, nasty bitch who was taking advantage of the guys.)

edit: If this was a drama, not a sitcom, the audience would be hoping she would get away from this guy, not cheering the relationship on. It's unhealthy for both of them.
The following 5 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • devilbk, Jomi25, queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Nutz
(05-01-2014, 02:23 AM)devilbk Wrote: I'm not so sure about Penny any more. She's let Leonard get away with a lot of stuff all through the season. And she has excused it by thinking he loves her. Leonard's concept of love is pretty twisted. He's used it to tear her down to nothing. Now he's going to rebuild her into a better more Leonard-friendly Penny, with nobody competing with him for her attention. If when we meet up with them again in September they are happily planning their future, then we'll know that we are dealing with a very different Penny than the one we fell in love with. And it's a Penny we aren't going to even like.

This is my fear also, that in September they have been planning their wedding, she's learned how to cook and clean (and loves it since it makes her man happy) and she's completely off the alcohol since she's so incredibly happy now that she's realized her destiny was to marry Leonard. Puke
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Jomi25, Jislane35

I have to think we will see problems with the Lenny in season 8. It may take a while to get there though. The Penny character needs a challenge. She needs a character like Sheldon that can push her. The Penny character was not meant to settle down into a boring Ship with someone like Leonard.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, Satnight815
As long as the writer's energy is being put into less interesting characters and Kaley's attention is elsewhere, Penny will continue to be a depressing piece of set dressing.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
Put the makeup on, Penny, and NO-ONE WILL KNOW YOU'RE COLOURED.

[Image: RitNpY2Wdnyk0p5dyltnUnNSo1_500.png]

I was just watching the Boosh episode where Howard is accidentally killed (by Death) whilst dressed as a gorilla, so gets sent to Monkey Hell by mistake.
At least THAT didn't happen to Penny eh?

[Image: ep3_4.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp
Ugh. I love that Boosh episode. I wonder why they got rid of the posh animatronic Bollo... probably too expensive. And he didn't really fit in with the "half-arsed fancy dress" look of the show.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(05-01-2014, 10:12 AM)devilbk Wrote: As long as the writer's energy is being put into less interesting characters and Kaley's attention is elsewhere, Penny will continue to be a depressing piece of set dressing.

Kaley must be able to multitask. Actors should be able to voice concerns without going all Charlie Sheen.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35
(05-01-2014, 09:16 PM)ses1515 Wrote: Kaley must be able to multitask. Actors should be able to voice concerns without going all Charlie Sheen.

Not on a Chuck Lorre show. His vision, his rules.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, Wisp
(05-02-2014, 02:11 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Not on a Chuck Lorre show. His vision, his rules.

Don't you mean "His lack of vision, his rules"?
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, Wisp