Rendered Quizzical - Missy Cooper
[Image: iz012v.gif]

Missy: Oh, he once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head.
Leonard: Excuse me?
Sheldon: She’s my twin sister, she thinks she’s funny but frankly I’ve never been able to see it.
Missy: It’s because you have no measurable sense of humour, Shelly.
Sheldon: How exactly would one measure a sense of humour? A humourmometer?

[Image: fjdgco.jpg]

Leonard: If the wedding’s not until tomorrow, why don’t you stay with us tonight?
Missy: Oh, I don’t think so. Shelly doesn’t like company. Even as a little boy he’d send his imaginary friends home at the end of the day.
Sheldon: They were not friends, they were imaginary colleagues.

[Image: m9qcyw.jpg]
[Image: yj5aa.jpg]

Missy: So anyway, we’re eight years old, and Sheldon converts my easy-bake oven to some kind of high-powered furnace.
Leonard: Hee-hee, just classic.
Sheldon: I needed a place to fire ceramic semi-conductor substrates for home-made integrated circuits.
Missy: He was trying to build some kind of armed robot to keep me out of his room.
Sheldon: Made necessary by her insistence on going into my room.
Missy: Anyway, I go to make those little corn muffins they give you, there’s a big flash, next thing you know my eyebrows are gone.
Howard: Ha-ha, not your eyebrows?
Missy: Yep. I had to go through the entire second grade with crooked eyebrows my Mom drew on.
Sheldon: Is that what that was? I just assumed that the second grade curriculum had rendered you quizzical.

[Image: sg48jk.jpg]
[Image: 21dndyh.jpg]

Missy: Okay. I’m not even going to ask why you’re pimping me out for cheese.

[Image: t06xb4.jpg]

Sheldon: I always thought I was more like a cuckoo bird. You know, a superior creature whose egg is placed in the nest of ordinary birds. Of course the newly hatched cuckoo eats all the food, leaving the ordinary siblings to starve to death. Luckily for you, that’s where the metaphor ended.
Missy: I thought it ended at cuckoo.

[Image: 2yzijxv.jpg]
[Image: v2w8bn.png]

Missy: Come on, Shelly. I want you to know I’m very proud of you.
Sheldon: Really?
Missy: Yup, I’m always bragging to my friends about my brother the rocket scientist.
Sheldon: You tell people I’m a rocket scientist?
Missy: Well yeah.
Sheldon: I’m a theoretical physicist.
Missy: What’s the difference?
Sheldon: What’s the difference?
Missy: Goodbye Shelly.
Sheldon: My God! Why don’t you just tell them I’m a toll taker at the Golden Gate Bridge? Rocket scientist, how humiliating.

OH PLEASE...
The following 8 users Like Toad's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Trust No One, Idle Miscreant, Berliner, Jomi25, Jislane35, Kimk26
(04-29-2014, 03:20 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: [Image: iz012v.gif]

Missy: Oh, he once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head.
Leonard: Excuse me?
Sheldon: She’s my twin sister, she thinks she’s funny but frankly I’ve never been able to see it.
Missy: It’s because you have no measurable sense of humour, Shelly.
Sheldon: How exactly would one measure a sense of humour? A humourmometer?

[Image: fjdgco.jpg]

Leonard: If the wedding’s not until tomorrow, why don’t you stay with us tonight?
Missy: Oh, I don’t think so. Shelly doesn’t like company. Even as a little boy he’d send his imaginary friends home at the end of the day.
Sheldon: They were not friends, they were imaginary colleagues.

[Image: m9qcyw.jpg]
[Image: yj5aa.jpg]

Missy: So anyway, we’re eight years old, and Sheldon converts my easy-bake oven to some kind of high-powered furnace.
Leonard: Hee-hee, just classic.
Sheldon: I needed a place to fire ceramic semi-conductor substrates for home-made integrated circuits.
Missy: He was trying to build some kind of armed robot to keep me out of his room.
Sheldon: Made necessary by her insistence on going into my room.
Missy: Anyway, I go to make those little corn muffins they give you, there’s a big flash, next thing you know my eyebrows are gone.
Howard: Ha-ha, not your eyebrows?
Missy: Yep. I had to go through the entire second grade with crooked eyebrows my Mom drew on.
Sheldon: Is that what that was? I just assumed that the second grade curriculum had rendered you quizzical.

[Image: sg48jk.jpg]
[Image: 21dndyh.jpg]

Missy: Okay. I’m not even going to ask why you’re pimping me out for cheese.

[Image: t06xb4.jpg]

Sheldon: I always thought I was more like a cuckoo bird. You know, a superior creature whose egg is placed in the nest of ordinary birds. Of course the newly hatched cuckoo eats all the food, leaving the ordinary siblings to starve to death. Luckily for you, that’s where the metaphor ended.
Missy: I thought it ended at cuckoo.

[Image: 2yzijxv.jpg]
[Image: v2w8bn.png]

Missy: Come on, Shelly. I want you to know I’m very proud of you.
Sheldon: Really?
Missy: Yup, I’m always bragging to my friends about my brother the rocket scientist.
Sheldon: You tell people I’m a rocket scientist?
Missy: Well yeah.
Sheldon: I’m a theoretical physicist.
Missy: What’s the difference?
Sheldon: What’s the difference?
Missy: Goodbye Shelly.
Sheldon: My God! Why don’t you just tell them I’m a toll taker at the Golden Gate Bridge? Rocket scientist, how humiliating.

I just love this episode. Missy would have been a great friend to have around for Penny. I could see Missy pushing Sheldon and Penny together. With a friend like Missy, there would be no need for Amy.
The following 8 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Nutz, Jomi25, Jislane35, Kimk26, Jela
(04-29-2014, 04:40 AM)ses1515 Wrote: I just love this episode. Missy would have been a great friend to have around for Penny. I could see Missy pushing Sheldon and Penny together. With a friend like Missy, there would be no need for Amy.

Penny really needs someone like Missy to kick her ass when it's needed. Sigh, just another missed opportunity by TPTB.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jomi25, Jislane35, Kimk26
I definitely think Missy could have been the outsider popping in to give Penny and Sheldon some perspective every now and again. If anything, she could have been a good friend for Penny. Not every season, but more than just a one-off for sure. We had to deal with the Skype conversations with AFF, I'm sure it could have been done with Missy and Penny much better.

I agree with Dsnynutz; wasted opportunity for sure.
The following 4 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Trust No One, Jomi25, Jislane35, Kimk26
(05-01-2014, 08:34 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I definitely think Missy could have been the outsider popping in to give Penny and Sheldon some perspective every now and again. If anything, she could have been a good friend for Penny. Not every season, but more than just a one-off for sure. We had to deal with the Skype conversations with AFF, I'm sure it could have been done with Missy and Penny much better.

I agree with Dsnynutz; wasted opportunity for sure.

Missy could have been a great voice of reason on the show. Could have helped Sheldon grow as a person and help Penny get her confidence back and helped in getting Shenny together.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
Vintage Sheldon doesn't need to grow, he's perfect. Morlock

And I even mean grow in the GOOD way, ie, become wiser and more introspective and tolerant. Let alone the ridiculous pantomime growth (that mysteriously also involved losing his intellect, dignity, mannerisms and personality traits) that they've put him through these past 4 years...

But obviously I would have loved Missy to stay around. Not only would it meant continued jousting with Ses to see who won her fictional heart, but "Courtney Henggeler" is fun to say.

Wine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Kimk26