0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.22 The Proton Transmogrification
(05-02-2014, 08:34 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: I get kinda offended when someone expresses shame or disgust at knowing something nerdy, so Penny's constant gasps at dismay every time she realized she recognized a Star Wars reference fell flat for me. Especially when they went back to that well 5-6 times.

I agree wholeheartedly. Particularly as the original Star Wars trilogy is basic film history as far as I'm concerned. In fact to hell with me, if a personage is a film buff and they haven't seen Star Wars they should go take a flying fornicat....They should go sit in a corner.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Jislane35, Satnight815
I find it very difficult to believe that Bernadette and Amy have either the know-how or inclination to make a cake, much less a Death Star cake. But there ARE web tutorials available, so I'll maybe give them a pass on that score. However it doesn't change the fact that their scenes were crashingly boring, largely irrelevant, and bequeathed their characters with even more nutty back story. As "role models" for girls interested in careers in science they're pretty sucky ones.

For the more adventurous among you...

How To Make A Death Star Cake

OH PLEASE...
The following 4 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jomi25, Jislane35, Satnight815
I thought it was a very good episode. Newhart was great as always. I liked seeing the original five together bantering without the heavy-handed shipping that's been being shoved down our throats all season. It was bright and airy and clever without the cloud of gloom that hovers whenever AFF is around Sheldon. They should have kept her and Bernadatte as very secondary characters. I'll give it two Penny Blossoms.
The following 3 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Satnight815
(05-02-2014, 08:34 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: I get kinda offended when someone expresses shame or disgust at knowing something nerdy, so Penny's constant gasps at dismay every time she realized she recognized a Star Wars reference fell flat for me. Especially when they went back to that well 5-6 times.

Since this is season 7, I agree she should be used to knowing what she thinks is "nerd stuff" and it shouldn't be funny that she hasn't learned to tolerate it or at least not look so surprised/horrified that she knows it, but it was so vintage Penny (somebody I long to see come back) that I'm giving it a pass. I find I'm much more tolerant of an episode every time they let vintage Penny or Sheldon out of their cage.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Satnight815
(05-02-2014, 11:27 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Since this is season 7, I agree she should be used to knowing what she thinks is "nerd stuff" and it shouldn't be funny that she hasn't learned to tolerate it or at least not look so surprised/horrified that she knows it, but it was so vintage Penny (somebody I long to see come back) that I'm giving it a pass. I find I'm much more tolerant of an episode every time they let vintage Penny or Sheldon out of their cage.

I agree with you and FlyingMonkey. I want to be nit-picky about the episode (I think I was actually Rolleyes ) but I'm more willing to forgive the smaller things because this episode was so much more like the vintage ones. I could have done with out the Lenny proposal conversation, but compared to the relationship agenda the writers have been pushing all season, this wasn't so bad.

It had the potential to be better though, much better. Time was wasted with that c-plot; it could have been better used with the group or something. Plus with the actual show time becoming less and less (or was it just me? Confused ) ,TPTB need to work on time management. Squeezing all these story lines into 20-22 minutes seems to be a recurring issue this season.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Satnight815
(05-02-2014, 11:58 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I agree with you and FlyingMonkey. I want to be nit-picky about the episode (I think I was actually Rolleyes ) but I'm more willing to forgive the smaller things because this episode was so much more like the vintage ones. I could have done with out the Lenny proposal conversation, but compared to the relationship agenda the writers have been pushing all season, this wasn't so bad.

It had the potential to be better though, much better. Time was wasted with that c-plot; it could have been better used with the group or something. Plus with the actual show time becoming less and less (or was it just me? Confused ) ,TPTB need to work on time management. Squeezing all these story lines into 20-22 minutes seems to be a recurring issue this season.

It makes you wonder what's in their contract that TBTP feel the need to use every character in every episode. Episodes would be easier to write for if they only used Bernie, Amy, Howard and Raj in 15-20 episodes (with Howard and Raj getting closer to the 20 episode). Of course this would take a Showrunner who actually spends time to plot out the season, instead of winging it week to week.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
Toad - I totally agree. It left me cold. They are using outside characters to push Amy's agenda, week on week! First the other characters, then the psychic, now Proton! GIVE IT A REST WRITERS!!! Enough!!

Leonard and Penny at the funeral parlour, boy they have NO chemistry. Leonard was reasonably good but Kaley wasn’t on form at all. There was something lacking in her delivery in this episode and I don’t often say that, because she’s usually great. It wasn’t until they argued about the proposal she sort of ‘came back’. Bored out of her brains I suspect.

“Are you upset, or are you just rebooting”. Best line. Big Grin

The neutral zone. I don't think it deserves a blossom. Not feeling generous this morning, I might change my mind after a second look but I'm fed up to my back teeth with the pushing, pulling or forcing of Sheldon.

One thing I did like, the spontaneous hug of Leonard. It's been a long time since we've seen a Sheldon initiated hug, it lacked the old awkward hesitation but it was nice all the same.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Satnight815
(05-03-2014, 12:20 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: One thing I did like, the spontaneous hug of Leonard. It's been a long time since we've seen a Sheldon initiated hug, it lacked the old awkward hesitation but it was nice all the same.

The reason you liked it it was because it was actual character growth instead of the artificial growth they've been trying to shoehorn in for the last two seasons.
The following 4 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Satnight815
Okay on second look I'm dropping my grumpy and giving it a blossom, there's some great one-liners and no Shamy. Blossom
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
My first Penny Blossom! Would have been 2 without Amy & Bernadette.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Jislane35