0%
0 0%
ISS
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Homeland
Since we are not that many, I'm curious where you guys are from. If from the U.S., please tell us at least the state and / or city. Smile
I'm originally from Berlin, Germany, born and raised. To be more precise: Berlin-Mitte.

Btw, homeland is the closest word for "Heimat", a German word with no English equivalent that denotes the relationship of a human being towards a certain spatial social unit. The term forms a contrast to social alienation and usually carries positive connotations.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Specifics...I live in Brooklyn, New York, which is now unfortunately the hipster capitol of the U.S.
I live in Washington State, a little closer to Vancouver BC than Seattle.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
I currently reside in Southeastern Michigan, a safe distance from Detroit aka no man's land.
Minnesota
I was born and raised in New Zealand but spent most of my adult life in London.
Carlisle, Cumbria, England. Bit of a shit hole to be honest. But then again, people who live near Buckingham Palace all their lives probably see it as a shit hole too.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Born in South London, far too long ago. Bounced all over the UK, but random circumstance brought me back to living a couple of streets away from my folks in the west of England.
Omaha, Nebraska...originally a small town of population under 1000 in rural Nebraska
(04-23-2014, 08:39 AM)devilbk Wrote: Specifics...I live in Brooklyn, New York, which is now unfortunately the hipster capitol of the U.S.

I've been to Downtown Brooklyn when I visited New York back in 2010. Rents must be sky-high by now ...

(04-23-2014, 09:11 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I currently reside in Southeastern Michigan, a safe distance from Detroit aka no man's land.

I think Detroit will have a second chance. Just recently I watched a documentary how young folks are flocking to the city because it's so cheap.

(04-23-2014, 09:46 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I was born and raised in New Zealand but spent most of my adult life in London.

New Zealand is one of the most, if not the most beautiful country on earth! I need to visit one day.

(04-23-2014, 08:51 AM)Gamma12 Wrote: I live in Washington State, a little closer to Vancouver BC than Seattle.

Twin Peaks? Big Grin
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß