0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence
(04-29-2014, 01:10 AM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: okay i found out the hard way... Just because they're ugly on the inside doesn't make them beautiful on the outside. Hollywood tries to say go for the ugly one, he's really nice. Like ugly people can't be jerks!
In fact, it's a little mean to pretty people ...
(not that i have some cheerleader wagon passing out complete season dvd's of America's Next Top Model because I am just in love with beauty.
1. I went to a stuffy all-girls prep school. There were no cheerleaders
2. I was the cofounder and vice president of the chess club and quiz bowl...nuff said ).
I just think it's a little prejudiced to assume that because someone is good looking or charming, it must mean that they are mean.
Another thing, it's just a part of this world where they make fun of you for not trying to be gorgeous and call you a slut if you do try. And prady and lorre have some freaking issues with cheerleader and pretty girls that they need to deal with STAT.
Also I believe MB has a religious reason for why she doesn't show skin, so there will NEVER be a bikini episode!

okay let me get off of this soapbox.... where is the ladder? i could have sworn I put it....

The tropes get you coming and going with this one. I think Penny has fallen for the idea that Leonard is a nice guy, when in fact he's a 'Nice Guy'. The problem is both Leonard and Amy are convinced they are ugly ducklings who will blossom, when in fact they are nasty people regardless of the packaging.

The writers' issues with women are legion. Pretty is prey, ugly is funny, all of them are scary, controlling and desperate for a man. Sigh.
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Jislane35

Messages In This Thread
7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence - by Toad - 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
RE: 7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence - by Moonbase - 04-09-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: 7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence - by SpaceAnJL - 04-29-2014, 01:31 AM