0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence
(04-28-2014, 10:59 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Because the character is meant to be physically weird and unappealing, and thus anybody finding her attractive is meant to be odd, within the context of show. The trope of 'seeing the inner beauty' has been rather derailed by her bizarre behaviour and lack of social skills. Physical appearance and wardrobe is the very blunt shorthand in the show for character indicators. Also, I believe there are personal reasons MB doesn't want to appear in anything revealing, though that doesn't prevent the dialogue being risque.

okay i found out the hard way... Just because they're ugly on the inside doesn't make them beautiful on the outside. Hollywood tries to say go for the ugly one, he's really nice. Like ugly people can't be jerks! I'm not saying ugly people are jerks. I'm saying people are people and regardless of physical appearance some are jerks. I have nothing against people who are ugly. (which is like automatically insulting. But i'm really tired of the catch-22 that is western beauty)
In fact, it's a little mean to pretty people ...
(not that i have some cheerleader wagon passing out complete season dvd's of America's Next Top Model because I am just in love with beauty.
1. I went to a stuffy all-girls prep school. There were no cheerleaders
2. I was the cofounder and vice president of the chess club and quiz bowl...nuff said ).
I just think it's a little prejudiced to assume that because someone is good looking or charming, it must mean that they are mean.
Another thing, it's just a part of this world where they make fun of you for not trying to be gorgeous and call you a slut if you do try. And prady and lorre have some freaking issues with cheerleader and pretty girls that they need to deal with STAT.
Also I believe MB has a religious reason for why she doesn't show skin, so there will NEVER be a bikini episode!
I think it was better when it wasn't about physical appearance but about you know content of their character and you know other ... gandhi like things...
okay let me get off of this soapbox.... where is the ladder? i could have sworn I put it....
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 4 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Nutz, Jislane35

Messages In This Thread
7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence - by Toad - 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
RE: 7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence - by Moonbase - 04-09-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: 7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence - by Will_I_BGraded_OnThis - 04-29-2014, 01:10 AM