CNN Article 'Secrets from the Set of BBT'
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/03/showbiz/bi...?hpt=hp_c3

What caught my attention was the following said by Mayim regarding the comic shop set:

Bialik: I'm a comic book person, I was raised in comic book stores -- when we have the comic book set, I spend my breaks in the comic book set. Once I saw "Y the Last Man," and I was trying to explain it to Jim Parsons and I was saying "This is a collected 'Y the Last Man,' I had to collect them all individually!" He said, "I don't care! (laughs) I play someone who cares but I don't really care."

A commentator replied with the following:

WebWhip: I am mildly disappointed that Parsons is so dismissive of the character type that made him a star. It seems to me he should have, at least for the sake of fans of his character, kept secret his disinterest in the personality type that propelled us into the age of personally acquired science and technology and provided a basis for the great personal and public success of the show in which he participates. Sad to know he's really just doing Felix Unger for the money. What bothered me most was his dismissive reaction to Balik's discovery of the collectible "Y", which had considerable intrinsic cultural value for her. Some friend!

Now, is WebWhip being overly sensitive or does he have something here?
Let's go exploring!
The following 1 user Likes wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Trust No One
I think Webwhip is missing the point:

This show has been on for seven years and not one actor before MB has told a story about another actor that could possibly make them look bad to the fans. Jim has said himself that he's really not into the things Sheldon is, but he has been very careful not to say he doesn't care. He knows not to alienate the fans that do care about comic books, SciFi, etc. Jim should have had the option to tell this story (ha ha, Mayim was trying to tell me about this comic book....)

Once again Mayim blatantly self promotes herself, not caring that she's throwing her follow actor under the bus. She obviously doesn't care about how telling stories like this might affect other actors fans as long as HER fan base grows Morlock

Kaley needs to find that bat A.S.A.PBig Grin
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
That's the thing with people who have an issue with separating the show and real life.
Do people know that Simon Helberg isn't into comic books either? There isn't some rule that the actors have to mirror the characters outside the show.

Who knows if they even are friends outside the set and group functions. Coworkers does not equal friends.
(04-05-2014, 10:16 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/03/showbiz/bi...?hpt=hp_c3

What caught my attention was the following said by Mayim regarding the comic shop set:

Bialik: I'm a comic book person, I was raised in comic book stores -- when we have the comic book set, I spend my breaks in the comic book set. Once I saw "Y the Last Man," and I was trying to explain it to Jim Parsons and I was saying "This is a collected 'Y the Last Man,' I had to collect them all individually!" He said, "I don't care! (laughs) I play someone who cares but I don't really care."

A commentator replied with the following:

WebWhip: I am mildly disappointed that Parsons is so dismissive of the character type that made him a star. It seems to me he should have, at least for the sake of fans of his character, kept secret his disinterest in the personality type that propelled us into the age of personally acquired science and technology and provided a basis for the great personal and public success of the show in which he participates. Sad to know he's really just doing Felix Unger for the money. What bothered me most was his dismissive reaction to Balik's discovery of the collectible "Y", which had considerable intrinsic cultural value for her. Some friend!

Now, is WebWhip being overly sensitive or does he have something here?

Thanks for the article WPP! I knew from a while back Jim is not into comics and scifi. I like that he is honest about it and not pretending to like something. It's refreshing after always hearing the actors fawning all over the Ships and everything else on this show.
I wouldn't say this is anything to worry about... Jim's made it clear that he isn't like Sheldon. BUT I do think this lack of resemblance to the character, though, has something to do with the recent DECLINE of his portrayal of Sheldon. He's playing someone he ultimately doesn't get. Also, do I detect weariness, Parsons? Please say you're getting sick of being Sheldon. Please. Do something else. Don't stay until you hate the job.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(04-07-2014, 03:28 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: I wouldn't say this is anything to worry about... Jim's made it clear that he isn't like Sheldon. BUT I do think this lack of resemblance to the character, though, has something to do with the recent DECLINE of his portrayal of Sheldon. He's playing someone he ultimately doesn't get. Also, do I detect weariness, Parsons? Please say you're getting sick of being Sheldon. Please. Do something else. Don't stay until you hate the job.

Talented as he may be, Jim will never get another job that gives him the same exposure or pays as well as this one. He's there for the duration.