Jim News
I agree TP that Jim is not the type. I still think it was the best for the show as a whole. Johnny had his shot and he is just not believable as a romantic lead to someone like Kaley. Johnny being in a romance with MB fits much better. It's clear Jim was the main star with this show and this show could not survive without him. It's too late now but it's tough to think what might have been.
Jim did great by putting an end to this shit show. It was long overdue. They can put down Sheldon all they want but Sheldon is still the reason for longeveity and ratings. Do you really think Lenny is the reason for high ratings ? Even in season 5-7, there was a healthy amount of Shenny friendship moments that kept the plot going forward and I suspect, it was a major reason why the ratings were so high. But post season 9 has been absolute Shenny drought and as expected, the show as gone to crap. Johnny is just not believable as a romantic lead. His character sucks life out of Kaley's character too. I see comments all over the internet that NO way are Leonard/Penny a believable and interesting couple. Peddling Lenny again and again ultimately led to creative blackhole and the cracks started to show by season 8 when they started keeping shenny apart and forced Lenny and Shamy more and more exclusively.

Is anyone really suprised that TBBT is considered a laughing stock of television and absolute lowest common denominator show these days ? Which critics even talk about TBBT positively these days ? When did they last get nominated at the Emmys ? The writers deserve all the hatred, criticism and awards snubs. They brought it on themselves. The best scenes from the early show were what won Jim Parsons so many awards and what put TBBT on the map. I wish Jim and Kaley success in the future and hope they move further away from the sad caricatures their characters became.
The following 1 user Likes chaotic temptation's post:
  • Ratman77
(01-27-2019, 02:58 AM)chaotic temptation Wrote: I see comments all over the internet that NO way are Leonard/Penny a believable and interesting couple. Peddling Lenny again and again ultimately led to creative blackhole and the cracks started to show by season 8 when they started keeping shenny apart and forced Lenny and Shamy more and more exclusively.

I gotta be honest, I haven't seen much in the way of comments outside of this site that /don't/ say that Lenny/Shamy is a believable and interesting couple(Perhaps I haven't been looking hard enough?). I keep coming across stuff like clickbait articles and stuff like "10 moments Lenny/Shamy saved the show" and other such "positive" messages. I'm well aware there are plenty of those people who consider themselves "nerds" and "geeks" and suchlike that hate TBBT because of how the show portrays such people when they are /so much more/ than that, but mainstream media still seems to glorify TBBT pairings and call that a healthy relationship beyond bemoaning the fact that the show is ending now and a lot of other people (throughout the years and now) seem to feel the same way. My own mom loves TBBT for example and she doesn't seem to see what's wrong with Lenny/Shamy let alone everything else about the show(That laugh track oh my god!).

That said, I totally agree with everything else you've said. Johnny and Kaley just didn't have the chemistry together to become a believable "main couple" for the show and MB's Amy is everything you should look OUT for in a woman, not what you WANT in a woman. When MB said in an interview "Amy is me and I am Amy" I burst out laughing because /holy crapbaskets, that explains so much/ about her! The fact that she can take pride in playing as Amy, a woman I personally view as an affront to woman in general and relationships everywhere is astounding. 

I mean, it's not her dressing like an old lady or anything that bothers me(God knows my own fashion sense sucks even if I don't dress in old lady clothes and am male), it's her personality and the way she twists everything in the relationship towards her and how she's trapped Sheldon into what I view as a toxic relationship that bothers me. That and the fact that she *shudders* went ape in Sheldon's office and "marked" her scent and stuff all over the place. THAT IS CREEPY AS HECK. I don't care if it was meant to be "funny", it's still flippin' creepy as all get out. Especially considering it was well established that Sheldon had a major fear of germs amongst his many fears.

And the way they twisted Sheldon's character to "accommodate" Amy and try and breathe new "romantic" life into the show was an utter disgrace. If I had been Jim, I'd have walked out then and there because to change Sheldon so obviously and not in an organic way or to not just keep Sheldon as an asexual which would have been interesting(And PR could spin that as "representation" which Hollywood is all about these days or so they claim) is, excuse my language, sh*tting all over Jim's hard work, Sheldon's previously established characterization, and the first 2-3(ish) seasons. It's not like he couldn't have walked out then, since he already had plenty of money, he just wouldn't have had the later millions he's gotten these past 2 seasons.

They had a chance with something genuine and that had chemistry between Jim and Kaley, even if only in a friendship way as evidenced by the numerous friendship scenes before they /really/ pushed the Lenny/Shamy hard by separating them, and blew it by forcing two badly matched, chemically inert, disastrous couples as the "real relationships".

(01-27-2019, 02:58 AM)chaotic temptation Wrote: I wish Jim and Kaley success in the future and hope they move further away from the sad caricatures their characters became.

I wish them all the best too, but that doesn't seem likely unless Young Sheldon dies or Hollywood does us all a solid and says no more TBBT spin-offs considering Jim is working on YS and Kaley is interested in a spin-off as are some of the others. I can't believe I'm about to quote Kylo Ren(God knows I hate NuStar Wars) but this calls for it:

[Image: 23hqp1.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Nostalgia's post:
  • CTR69, Ratman77
Hello "Shenny"-shippers and friends.

At the TV I red that Mayim Bialik and Jim Parsons will again play together in a new sitcom named "Carla". Bialik will play the main-role. Parsons is in the cast,but his role-at this moment- Is still unknown.

Hmm, a show with Parsons and Cuoco I would prefer.
(10-05-2019, 09:00 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Hello "Shenny"-shippers and friends.

At the TV I red that Mayim Bialik and Jim Parsons will again play together in a new sitcom named "Carla". Bialik will play the main-role. Parsons is in the cast,but his role-at this moment- Is still unknown.

Hmm, a show with Parsons and Cuoco I would prefer.

Yeah it's a real disappointment that Jim and Kaley aren't ever going to do their magic onscreen again.

I think Jim is just going to co-produce 'Carla', don't think he'll be onscreen.
Has anyone seen Hollywood? it looks awesome...

Hello, dear "Shenny"- shippers.

I found an article on the “Filmstarts”- page which is related to the ending of "TBBT" and Jim Parsons specifically.

Apparently the whole thing didn't go very smoothly.
You probably already know about this, but if you don't, I want to let you know.
I try to translate for you:

'I did what I had to do': Jim Parsons responds to peer criticism for quitting 'The Big Bang Theory'
More than three years ago, the hit sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” came to an end. Although the series was still very successful, the finale had to come sooner than expected because Jim Parsons refused to renew his contract. Ultimately because he didn't want to continue impersonating Sheldon Cooper.
In fact, everything indicated that his co-stars took the surprising news well at the time. As has now been announced, the whole thing behind the scenes was far less harmonious.
Meanwhile, in the book “The Big Bang Theory: The Definitive, Inside Story Of The Epic Hit Series”, it was revealed that Johnny Galecki, who acted as Leonard on the series, was very disappointed with Parsons' decision.
There was also an unexpected conflict between Kaley Cuoco and the Sheldon Cooper actor. Executive producer Steve Holland recalls that Cuoco refused to make eye contact with Parsons during rehearsal. So that the series did not suffer, the dispute was soon put aside.
Now, in an interview with Yahoo, Jim Parsons has opened up about his decision not to renew his contract: 

"It's never nice to hear that you've done something that made someone angry or sad. But I did what I had to do and it was the best way to deal with it. To be honest, we weren't the kind of group that I felt the need to have a group meeting beforehand."

In the interview, Parsons also admits that he was surprised by the reactions of his colleagues. He also explained that part of him would have been glad if The “Big Bang Theory” had continued without him. But the case did not occur.
But even if the ending was associated with some upsets, the sitcom definitely made TV history. And everyone who was involved in it deserves a pat on the shoulder.

End of article

Well, it's just a theory, but I would say this is the typical well-known fate of so many actors and actresses who have became famous and popular in a particular role.

Sean Connery with James Bond,

Christopher Lee with Count Dracula,

Peter Sellers with Inspector Clouseau,

for examples.

They all became famous with that one character and the amount of their portrayals.
And they all eventually got tired of the role, and even developed a kind of love-hate relationship with these characters, because they remained fused with these roles forever for the audience.

So from this point of view I can understand Mister Parsons decision absolutely. Even if Sheldon Cooper made him famous, the same role over the years must be tiring for an actor, especially when he was the show's mainstay. Of course it's sad that tensions have arisen. Right now between Mister Parsons and Miss Cuoco because they are such good friends.

But it happened, and the show is gone.

Well, on the one hand I miss the show, on the other hand, when you look at how much both Sheldon and also Penny (and also the whole show) have changed season by season - so much that it hurts-Mister Parsons decision was really the right thing.

I would say, let's remember the first seasons where the series was on its creative and humorous hights, where Penny was the cute street-smart girl from next door with her own dreams and goals, and Sheldon the cool scientist who was true to himself.
There the show was really a great part of TV-history before it became a conventional soap-opera with a primitive message.

(When I imagine what could have happened if the show had continued in that way...)

[Image: kermit-worried.gif]
[Image: jack-nicholson-nonono.gif]

Until then,

your friend from Germany.

P.S.: At youtube there is a video with the title “10 Sitcoms That Changed So Much They Were Almost Unrecognizable”. “TBBT” is also part of this list.
So we are not alone with our opinion, dear “Shenny” shippers!!!