Golden Globe Awards Nominations
(01-13-2014, 10:20 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 08:32 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Big smacks all round, is I believe the expression.
Christ almighty...SOMEONE tell us...
I saw Orangeland was unhappy about it. This always mildly intrigues me.

Hahaaa... Bitter sods. How nice that Jim's answer was so ambiguous.

I'm relishing my Peldon "crumbs".

I don't know about you but I thought that was great! The Odd Couple of the show. Wow! couldn't have been a better description.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp
(01-13-2014, 06:30 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Jim missed out on the GG this year, as did the show. But it looks like they got very merry after Smile

[Image: kaley-cuoco-golden-globes-2014-red-carpet.jpg]

[Image: 1731663_et_0112_golden_globes_wjs-114.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mzbx1tXpBP1sgr6rio1_500.jpg]

Go girls, grab them sisters!! Tongue

I think it's sweet Melissa and Kaley are doing a PSA on self breast examines.

okay, humor is not my thing...sorry. Smile

(01-13-2014, 06:34 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Jim talking about Shenny scenes.

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/g...495215001#

[Image: so-beautiful.gif]

No wonder the bbt forum doesn't like Laura Saltman interviewing Jim. She's a Shenny shipper from the beginning.
Jim just adores Laura, though.

Jim said Shenny is the real odd couple/polar opposites. He said he has most fun with Shenny scenes and every third line is a joy.
Then Laura mentioned Shenny being the end game, and Jim said he doesn't have enough imagination to begin to figure out how that could happen. Laura said 'but it can' and Jim said, "Oh sure anything can happen. After all it's about science."
Science = chemistry, huh Jim? Smile

PS. Who is Orangeland?
So you see why I don't have my usual grumpy ship hat on today?

Orangeland or L'Orange are nicknames for the TBBT fansite.
(01-14-2014, 04:51 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: So you see why I don't have my usual grumpy ship hat on today?

Orangeland or L'Orange are nicknames for the TBBT fansite.

Now if only Laura could get a hold of Lorre and the rest and put a bug in their ear.

So the other board, or at least a couple of members, were not happy with the GG Interview with Jim and Laura?
Shocking.
(01-14-2014, 02:54 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 10:20 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 08:32 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Big smacks all round, is I believe the expression.
Christ almighty...SOMEONE tell us...
I saw Orangeland was unhappy about it. This always mildly intrigues me.

Hahaaa... Bitter sods. How nice that Jim's answer was so ambiguous.

I'm relishing my Peldon "crumbs".

I don't know about you but I thought that was great! The Odd Couple of the show. Wow! couldn't have been a better description.

Yes, that's why I think it works. The best character pairings, platonic or otherwise, are usually the atypical ones.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(01-14-2014, 05:18 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Yes, that's why I think it works. The best character pairings, platonic or otherwise, are usually the atypical ones.

They have common ground in enough areas to make the difference work. Both have very similar backgrounds/family, and because of that they know fishing, guns, football, etc.
Very red-neckish childhoods, but were loved.
Both are feisty as hell and stubborn.
(01-14-2014, 09:07 PM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 05:18 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Yes, that's why I think it works. The best character pairings, platonic or otherwise, are usually the atypical ones.

They have common ground in enough areas to make the difference work. Both have very similar backgrounds/family, and because of that they know fishing, guns, football, etc.

Which is a lot more than she has in common with Leonard. (I'm trying to think of one thing and I've got nothing). S/P also both left their homes to pursue their dreams elsewhere.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • taffinabean
(01-14-2014, 09:10 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

Which is a lot more than she has in common with Leonard. (I'm trying to think of one thing and I've got nothing). S/P also both left their homes to pursue their dreams elsewhere.

Exactly. His comment "We're dreamers" was something Sheldon meant from his heart, because it's true. This was very deep thinking on the writer's part, considering how clueless they seem to be the last few seasons.
The broken clock rule, I guess.
(01-14-2014, 09:13 PM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 09:10 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

Exactly. His comment "We're dreamers" was something Sheldon meant from his heart, because it's true. This was very deep thinking on the writer's part, considering how clueless they seem to be the last few seasons.
The broken clock rule, I guess.

They also enjoy having their space (based on the episode Leonard insisted himself on moving into Penny's place and Amy into Sheldon's) and are in no way the natural romantics of their relationships (unlike Leonard and Amy).
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • taffinabean
Star 
The Golden Globes 2017 are tonight and Florence Foster Jenkins has four nominations, including one for Simon Helberg.

Best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a motion picture.

• Mahershala Ali - Moonlight
  • Jeff Bridges - Hell or High Water
  • Simon Helberg - Florence Foster Jenkins
  • Dev Patel - Lion
  • Aaron Taylor-Johnson - Nocturnal Animals
[Image: FLORENCE-FOSTER-JENKINS-MCMOON.jpg]

The awards will be handed out in Los Angeles from 17:00 PST Sunday/01:00 GMT Monday at a ceremony hosted by Jimmy Fallon.

[Image: _93273355_fallonap.jpg]

Good luck Simon!!!