Poll: Season One Episode Poll (choose five)
Pilot
Big Bran
Fuzzy Boots
Luminous Fish
Hamburger
Middle-Earth
Dumpling
Grasshopper
Cooper-Hofstadter
Loobenfeld
Pancake Batter
Jerusalem Duality
Bat Jar
Nerdvana Annihilation
Pork Chop
Peanut Reaction
Tangerine Factor
[Show Results]

Season One Episode Poll
Greetings HQers. Now, we all had a brilliant time kvetching about which of the Season 5,6 & 7 episodes managed to pull free from the Jar Jar Binks stranglehold, but here we have a different kettle of fish in a different ballpark.

We LIKE these seasons, so whittling them down to our favorites might prove more difficult.

At the end we’ll skim the Top Five off each season, and see what pattern, if any, emerges.

Obviously we won’t be so darn foolish as to combine all the Top Fives into one Top Thirty-Five, as I’d wager than many here would contend (including myself) that the WORST of Seasons 1-4 are still better than the BEST of Season 5-7, so episodes from the later seasons wouldn’t even make it into a Top One Hundred.

But I’m quibbling. Just vote.

Only choose 5 here please.

Your choices will not be monitored for training purposes.

(Luminous Fish, Cooper-Hofstadter, Pancake Batter, Jerusalem Duality and Nerdvana Annihilation were Gripe's choices....I found this one a piece of piss actually, compared to the future doubtless agony of choosing from Season 2....)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Pancake Batter, Middle Earth (purely because of Sheldon's Doppler Effect costume) Jerusalem.

That was indeed, a chunk of urine (Am I using that right..?)
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
I am somewhat disconcerted by the lack of votes for Luminous Fish thus far.
(or indeed votes at ALL....*cough*)

It had the amazing bi-colour Coopersuit, Gablehauser, looms, ponchos, the first S/P shopping trip, the first appearance of the ill-fated Check Engine Light, Mary Cooper, and LUMINOUS FISH.
By god what more do you want!
Rhetorical.
I'll go back to my antiquities now...

BUT REMEMBER...
[Image: 130440.jpg]
[Image: 13921856.gif]
[Image: 120L.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_livityhSU31qarkuho1_500.gif?type=w1]
[Image: tumblr_ld1p6u7pnE1qfqb5mo1_1280.jpg?AWSA...Uyo%3D#_=_]
[Image: tumblr_kwrzazhvt71qas5xlo1_500.gif]

Not that I'm trying to influence anybody or anything.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Berliner
Well, since you put it that way.....That episode does trump Pork chop.

Nothing like a little clarity from coffee and Gripe influence to wake ya up.
My favourite is still The Big Bran Hypothesis! I know that episode by heart lol ...

Some funny quotes:

Sheldon:
Quote: "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." - instant classic.

Quote:Howard (to Leonard, after a round of Dance Dance Revolution): Grab a napkin, homey, you just got served.
Leonard: That's fine, you win. (walks away)
Howard (to Sheldon): What's his problem?
Sheldon: His imaginary girlfriend broke up with him.
Howard: Been there!

Quote:Sheldon: I couldn't sleep knowing that just outside my bedroom is our living room and just outside our living room is that hallway and immediately adjacent to that hallway is [Penny's messed up apartment]!
Leonard: Do you realize if Penny wakes up there's no reasonable explanation to why we are here?
Sheldon: I just gave you a reasonable explanation.
Leonard: No, no. You gave me an explanation. Its reasonableness will be determined by a jury of your peers.
Sheldon: Dont be silly I have no peers.

Big GrinBig Grin

Some gifs:

[Image: tumblr_m6gsvkcrwe1qj74sxo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_lokpll5xtx1qmk3iwo1_r1_400.gif]

[Image: 2TheBigBranHypothesis7.gif]
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 5 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Toad, CassandraElise, Gamma, Wisp, queenoftheDales
...I thought I could take part in this, but it involves choices. Argh.

I just have a whole concept of S1 as being a developing arc for the characters, establishing them. I remember funny scenes, mostly Sheldon-related, but I have no idea which episodes they belong to. And finding a way to rewatch the season is just going to upset me, knowing what lies ahead. Dammit.
Big Bran--Highlights: Sheldon breaking into Penny's apartment to clean it, and the "Sarcasm" sign.
Luminous Fish The introduction of Mary, Sheldon being Sheldon. Just LOL funny. Incidentally, this was the one episode my parents ever saw of TBBT, and they thought it was clever and hilarious. I didn't have the heart to tell them the sad fate of the show...
Middle-Earth--Love the costumes, and Leonard actually is kinda funny.
Pancake Batter--First major Shenny episode, IMO. Plus, introduction of "Soft Kitty."
Peanut Reaction--Howard gets MVP in this episode for going beyond the call of duty to keep Leonard from his surprise birthday. Plus Sheldon and Penny hijinks in Best Buy.
For the 'Spaceanjl's' amongst us.... Tongue

1.01 Pilot - Well, you know, the pilot!

1.02 The Big Bran Hypothesis - Sheldon and Leonard take delivery of Penny's media centre/Sheldon cleans Penny's apartment at night

1.03 The Fuzzy Boots Corollary - Leonard asks Lesley out/the guys play WoW

1.04 The Luminous Fish Effect - Sheldon loses his job and weaves/Mary Cooper

1.05 The Hamburger Postulate - Leonard and Leslie get together/Sheldon finds his new Tuesday hamburger

1.06 The Middle-Earth Paradigm - Penny's halloween party

1.07 The Dumpling Paradox - Howard gets together with a friend of Penny's/ Penny plays halo kicks Sheldon ass

1.08 The Grasshopper Experiment - Raj starts talking to women while drunk/ Sheldon steals his date.

1.09 The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization - Sheldon and Leonard cat fight over their work at a physics conference.

1.10 The Loobenfeld Decay - Leonard lies to Penny to get out of seeing her sing/Sheldon isn't happy with the lie and builds on it.

1.11 The Pancake Batter Anomaly - Sheldon gets sick and Penny has to look after him.

1.12 The Jerusalem Duality - Sheldon mets his match in a 15yr super kid.

1.13 The Bat Jar Conjecture - Sheldon takes on all the guys at the physics bowl.

1.14 The Nerdvana Annihilation - The guys buy a time machine.

1.15 The Pork Chop Indeterminacy - Missy turns up and all the guys try to woo her.

1.16 The Peanut Reaction - Penny arranges Leonard's birthday party/ Howard eats peanuts to stop him going home/Penny takes Sheldon shopping at electrical store.

1.17 The Tangerine Factor - Penny asks Sheldon's advise about dating Leonard/ Sheldon wars with the chinese restaurant over his chicken.
Luminous Fish is my all-time favorite followed by Pancake Batter.

Mary: I have been telling you since you were four years old, it's okay to be smarter than everybody else, but you can't go around pointing it out.
Sheldon: Why?
Mary: BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT!

Mary to Raj: I made chicken. I hope that isn't one of the animals that you people think is magic.

It's depressing to see how far this show has fallen. WE DESERVE INTELLIGENT HUMOR!
The following 3 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad, Wisp
So...Pancake, Peanut, Nerdvana, Pork Chop, and then a toss-up between Middle Earth and Big Bran. Maybe not Pork Chop, then. Still not sure.

The Sword of Azeroth. The Doppler Effect. Fish nightlights. Halo. Soft Kitty. Bickering round the electrical store, and then Penny going to sleep in his spot. Sheldon with the plastic sword advancing on Penny and her 'Hello Kitty' shorts. The initial awkward flirting by the white board. (Penny wasn't even looking at the short guy, seriously.) Grocery shopping, and the putt-putt golf we never got to see.

I miss this show. I would have taken two seasons and an early cancellation a la F*X, as opposed to the flabby, self-indulgent crap we've had shovelled out instead.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • queenoftheDales