0%
0 0%
Bon Voyage
1.54%
1 1.54%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Season 6 Redemption - (Episode poll)
After the staggering, tear-inducing, scintillating success of the Season 7 Episode Poll (only a minor exaggeration I think?) here is the Season 6 one as promised.
Again, nothing like Shawshank, just pick some noteworthy episodes.

If you can't think of any (and presumably thereby ruling out their inclusion as "noteworthy") or can't remember what the buggers were called, then do please consult this list;

SEASON SIX EPISODES

We'd write our own summaries, but they'd probably end up rather rude for some of the episodes, so we'd best remain neutral.

Gripe chose (albeit with reservations over some);

Re-Entry
43 Peculiarity
Parking Spot
Bakersfield
Cooper/Kripke
Monster Isolation
Proton Resurgence

My reservations are obviously towards Bakersfield and Cooper/Kripke, as we've frequently mentioned the first has Sheldon expressing self-doubt for illogical reasons, ie, the disdain and mockery of other people, and ones not worthy of his attention to begin with, and the second because it quite blatantly points out that he's not as smart as he thinks he is, whereas the entire history of the show (bar the comical diversion of Winkle and Kim) stresses that he IS, in fact, as smart as he often professes. Indeed it is his saving grace.
Demonstrating that Kripke (of all people) can best him in his own field, renders all his past behaviour highly questionable. It's also an effort to rewrite the character post hoc, which is artistically indefensible as far as I'm concerned.
They're doing the same thing in Season 7 with Sheldon and "romance". It's not character growth, it's re-writing. And it can go to hell.

As for why include them then...Well, they were both very early-season in style, and Vintage Sheldon was present in considerable force...particularly as Darth Cooper, so...Yes yes I know.

Just choose your own episodes. And do by all means explain your choices. If you have a moment.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
For those of us who may have forgotten much of S6.

6.01 The Date Night Variable
Howard is in space and gets caught in an argument between his mom and Bernadette/ Sheldon goes on a date with Amy who insists he "say something meaningful" or she'll dump him.

6.02 The Decoupling Fluctuation
Sheldon goes to Penny's room in the middle of the night to ask her not too break up with Leonard. Howard gets bullied in space.

6.03 The Higgs Boson Observation
Sheldon hires Alex to be his assistant and Amy feels threatened. Turns out she's interested in Leonard.

6.04 The Re-Entry Minimization
Girls against boys games night and Howard has a disappointing return from the international space station.

6.05 The Holographic Excitation
They go to Stuarts halloween party in couples costumes and Penny visits Leonard's work and is impressed.

6.06 The Extract Obliteration
Sheldon plays 'words with friends' with Stephen Hawking. Penny tells Leonard she is taking a history class and he rewrites her paper.

6.07 The Habitation Configuration
Howard is trying to move out of home and Amy is horrible to Wil Wheaton over his 'fun with flags' performance and expects Sheldon to side with her.

6.08 The 43 Peculiarity
Sheldon has taken up a secret hobby and Howard and Raj plot to find out what he's doing. Leonard gets jealous of Penny making friends at her history class. *awesome sci-fi bit*

6.09 The Parking Spot Escalation
Sheldon and Howard fight over a parking spot at work.

6.10 The Fish Guts Displacement
Amy gets sick and when Sheldon looks after her, she lies to get more attention. Howard goes on a fishing trip with his father in law

6.11 The Santa Simulation
Dungeons and dragons Christmas style when Sheldon who hates xmas. Raj goes on girls night.

6.12 The Egg Salad Equivalency
Sheldon sexually harasses Alex at work.

6.13 The Bakersfield Expedition
The guys gets starred in their Star trek uniforms and the girls argue over Thor.

6.14 The Cooper/Kripke Inversion
Kripke upstages Sheldon at work and Howard spends a fortune on a 3d printer

6.15 The Spoiler Alert Segmentation
Leonard threatens to move in with Penny over an argument with Sheldon, and Amy threatens to move in with Sheldon. Raj stays at Mrs Wolowitz's.

6.16 The Tangible Affection Proof
Leonard/Penny and Bernadette/Howard share an awful valentines dinner where Penny spends her time checking out what an ex-boyfriend is doing. Raj meets Lucy at the comic book store.

6.17 The Monster Isolation
Raj sulks in my apartment after a bad date. Penny has an acting gig and Sheldon is impressed.

6.18 The Contractual Obligation Implementation
The guys do a talk at a girls school about science.

6.19 The Closet Reconfiguration
Howard finds a letter from his absent father and Sheldon spends his time reorganising a closet during Howard & Bernadettes dinner party.

6.20 The Tenure Turbulence
The guys fight over tenure.

6.21 The Closure Alternative
Amy tries to retrain Sheldon's OCD over closure.

6.22 The Proton Resurgence
Sheldon hires Proton to preform and Howard and Bernie babysit Raj's dog.

6.23 The Love Spell Potential
Amy punches an immigration officer so the girls trio to Vegas gets cancelled and they play D&D with the guys. She raises intimacy issues with Sheldon.

6.24 The Bon Voyage Reaction
Leonard gets an offer to go with StephenStephen Hawking to do north sea experiments. Raj and Lucy break up.
I think I've wiped this whole season from my mind. Needy, manipulative, desperate, sex-starved Amy in full blossom. Her quavering in Fish Guts and Love Spell still makes me cringe. MorlockMorlockMorlock

The bright spot was the appearance of Bob Newhart as Prof. Proton.

Too negative?
I liked the girls vs guys night but I realize as I look over this list that the episodes I feel the most for are ones I positively HATE. I've already ranted on Bakersfield so won't get into that again but The Habitation Configuration with Amy being a complete douche to Wil and how Sheldon was beaten down to accept and defend such behavior has my vote for worst episode ever. At least it's the only one that had me actually yell at the telly 'because you're being a bitch!' to Amy's complaint about Sheldon not defending her. Morlock
Let's go exploring!
(03-17-2014, 11:44 PM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: I liked the girls vs guys night but I realize as I look over this list that the episodes I feel the most for are ones I positively HATE. I've already ranted on Bakersfield so won't get into that again but The Habitation Configuration with Amy being a complete douche to Wil and how Sheldon was beaten down to accept and defend such behavior has my vote for worst episode ever. At least it's the only one that had me actually yell at the telly 'because you're being a bitch!' to Amy's complaint about Sheldon not defending her. Morlock

Maybe we should have made it most hated Big Grin

6.04 The Re-Entry Minimization is in the lead for this season so far. We'll have to do all the seasons and then present a HQ faves list for the show.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • wellplayedpenny
Re-Entry
Monster
Closet
Closure

Re-entry was actually funny and featured the Shenny kiss. 43 had vintage Sheldon. Don't remember the B plot though, so what does that tell you? Monster was the highlight of the season for me. Loved all the Sheldon/Penny interactions and loved that Penny was doing serious acting. I found Closet touching and I actually liked Howard's storyline with his dad. And Closure I mainly like because Sheldon told Amy he hated her. Tongue
The following 4 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Wisp, queenoftheDales
I thought Cooper/Kripke was a giant missed opportunity. Sheldon using SEX as a "face saver" (WTF) did not sit right with me. Also I could have done without the image of Amy's "squishy parts".

Sooo... I chose 43, Closet, Re-entry. (I wanted to hug poor Howard being all ignored in Re-entry. They treated him like crap. Couldn't they have put up with his stories and boasting for a little while? He had been IN SPACE after all. You'd think our SCIENTISTS would have been at least a bit interested...) I thought I was going to enjoy Bakersfield. It could have been great, but they covered Sgeldon's lovely Data costume in slushie and made him doubt himslef.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 2 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise