0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.18 The Mommy Observation
(03-15-2014, 06:40 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Just put the poll up on this and I'm going to go with neutral.

Points for not having Shamy. Points for having Stuart and Mary Cooper. The murder mystery idea was a fun idea but what a bunch of miserable bastards his friends are. There's were a few mildly amusing jokes.

Penny - "You going to lie on the floor and pretend to be dead all night?"
Stuart - "What do you think I was going to do at home?"

Howard - "I was going to say we pick up a cake or a pie but an insult to her faith is always thoughtful"

Mary and Sheldon are really good onscreen, it's just a shame all the dumb as soup actors are doing with this plot is removing Mary's potential disapproval to Sheldon having premarital sex with AFF.

And still more of the Leonard and Penny are a great couple crap. PLEASE! I wish they would stop telling us what they're not showing us.

One thing that struck a chord, Stuart alone outside the apartment, 20 years into the future for their meet-up - proof NONE of those couples are going to work out.

Yup. Not even as friends.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-15-2014, 10:28 PM)devilbk Wrote: Yup. Not even as friends.

Penny probably ran off with Sheldon and they all fell out (with the main group). Big GrinBlossom
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, Trust No One, CassandraElise
I like to think that in the end, during a flash forward in the final seconds of the final episode we catch a glimpse of Penny with Sheldon and that's the final image.

(03-15-2014, 11:45 PM)devilbk Wrote: I like to think that in the end, during a flash forward in the final seconds of the final episode we catch a glimpse of Penny with Sheldon and that's the final image.

At that point the Lennies and Shamies would be so overcome by the double wedding Lorre and Pardy hastily assembled when they found out the show would be cancelled that they wouldn't notice.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
So after the review from Major Gripe, I decide to go against my "no watching" vow and watch this episode. Verdict: it got 1 Penny Blossom from me. It was actually funny and there was some Vintage Sheldon in it (save the mommy line). It wasn't Season 1-3 Sheldon, but close enough given the writing that has been going on this season. ( there was even another 'Sheldon spouts information' scene that are so rare this season)

The murder mystery scenes weren't too bad. I know there was some negative opinions about the whole 'Amy wins the noble before Sheldon' idea, but my interpretation on that was Raj thinks that Fowler has to win the Noble and buy a comic book store to finally get the affection of Sheldon. Sooo I don't think its a hit on Sheldon like he won't win the Noble before her (although it can be seen that way); I think it's a hit on Shamy that their lack of affection is still noticeable and Fowler has to do something monumental like winning a Noble Prize, 20 years later mind you, to get anything out of Sheldon. HA, that's supposed to be soulmate criteria? It's those fuzzy Shamy goggles people are getting after drinking the Kool-aid Big Grin

As for the Lenny deal, I'm not surprised that they haven't talked about their careers and such. It shows how superficial their relationship is. Shoot, even Fowler and Bernette protested Stuart that Lenny is a good couple. NO ONE BELIEVES IT. The fact that tptb have to keep trying to tell the viewers that Lenny is a good thing, just proves to me that they know we don't buy it. I don't care if they use Stuart as a puppet, I don't buy it. Dodgy

In the end, No Shamy or Fowler complaining, Howard/Sheldon and Mary Sheldon interaction overcomes the murder mystery crap for a Penny Blossom. I'm feeling generous.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad
Probably too late to be weighing in but...

First of all I was predisposed, perhaps unfairly, to utterly despise this episode because of that dreadful promo ("I saw my mommy..."). But once I was able to lance that mental carbuncle and focus on the scenes that surrounded it, I discovered there were bits and pieces that weren't entirely disagreeable.

It's always a pleasure to watch Parsons and Metcalf together - they're each so brilliantly in tune with the other. Yes, we're spared a Shamy anvil being unceremoniously dumped on our heads. But I can't help but see this Texas interlude as yet another hammer-swing at Sheldon's concepts of perfection, hypocrisy, happiness and physical intimacy. Sheldon has gone from being a proactive character to being a reactive character, and more and more he's having to adapt to circumstances that are thrust upon him. Ultimately it's designed to make his character malleable enough for the inevitable Shamy coitus to occur. Because of this the scenes between Sheldon and his mother are tinged with a sort of pathos for me. And I can't help shaking my head at the irony of Sheldon bleating "I'm a grown man..I'm a professional scientist..." given how the writers are absolutely hellbent on juvenilizing him and stripping him of his scientific prowess.
OH PLEASE...
The following 8 users Like Toad's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, FlyingMonkey, devilbk, queenoftheDales, wellplayedpenny, Berliner, Nutz