The Big Bang Theory Drinking Game
(03-13-2014, 08:40 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: Alright so my contributions to the TBBT Seasons 5 -7 (The Jar Jar Years) Drinking Game - Elitist Miserable Bastard Version;

Stuart makes a remark of existential depression which is ignored.
Raj makes a racist Indian joke, but it’s grand, because he’s Indian.
Penny makes a joke about her drinking/promiscuity/intelligence.
Other characters make a joke about Penny’s drinking/promiscuity/intelligence (3 drinks if it’s Leonard)
Penny’s tits or arse are used as the punchline to a joke.
Sheldon says something conventionally “sitcom nasty” about Penny, for no discernable reason (other than cheap digs and deliberate schism-making on behalf of the writers)
Sheldon acts like a toddler or bawling infant for no discernable reason.
Sheldon acts like a Sexpot or Traditional Sitcom Male, for no discernable reason (3 drinks)
Sheldon is referred to as a Pet/Child/Object by his dear friends (3 drinks if by Amy)
Sheldon is described as Annoying or Objectionable (3 drinks if by Amy)
Wanton re-writing of character occurs (Penny’s inability to use glue, Sheldon’s mysteriously absent Germ Phobia, Amy’s apparent life-long desire to acquire a mate, when previously she was written as completely disinterested in such banalities)
Obligatory sex joke from Amy, or long-suffering look.
Homophobic joke from Raj, but it’s grand because he’s “kind of gay, but not really folks, because this is family entertainment after all, and we can’t have that!”
Raj or Stuart mention or demonstrate how pathetic being single is.
Sheldon’s “growth”, Amy’s “influence” or Leonard’s “romance” are ham-fistedly captioned by other characters, because quite frankly, the audience would have missed them, otherwise. Ultimately the show itself won’t be necessary, just a string of Moral Flashcards.
Recycled scene from early seasons, usually replacing Penny with Amy.
Guest character marched on and marched off for no discernable reason.

How many of these do we need exactly? We are going to get utterly shitfaced following these…

I think we need to have a poll for our top 12 and make an "official" game.

I also noticed that a few items can be listed together
Penny makes a joke about her drinking/promiscuity/intelligence.
Other characters make a joke about Penny’s drinking/promiscuity/intelligence (3 drinks if it’s Leonard) can be turned into:
"a character makes a joke about Penny's drinking/promiscuity/intelligence (take 2 drinks if it's Penny, take three drinks if it's Leonard)"
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales
I was thinking that during the summer hiatus we could group watch selected favorite episodes and drink. Figure out a time that works for as many of us as possible. Sort of a summer of TBBT's greatest hits.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales
(03-26-2014, 01:00 PM)devilbk Wrote: I was thinking that during the summer hiatus we could group watch selected favorite episodes and drink. Figure out a time that works for as many of us as possible. Sort of a summer of TBBT's greatest hits.

I'm prepared for any such eventuality. I'll be right over. Brooklyn, yes?
I may have to attach a floatation device...

[Image: BicycleWineRack_large.jpg]

[Image: bicycle_bar_on_wheels.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, Berliner, Toad, Nutz
Oh, now we've just found the sort of bicycle I could be interested in. Big Grin I'm going to make a note of these to show husband later.
(03-26-2014, 06:24 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: I'm prepared for any such eventuality. I'll be right over. Brooklyn, yes?
I may have to attach a floatation device...

[Image: BicycleWineRack_large.jpg]

[Image: bicycle_bar_on_wheels.jpg]

Yup, Brooklyn.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Nutz
Lol, that second bike is just freaking epic! Big Grin
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
If we're going to be watching classic episodes, most of the Miserable Bastard edition won't work. We need to make a "classic" version of the game.

Take a drink every time somebody sings soft Kitty
Take a drink every time Sheldon says he's going to win a Nobel Prize
Take a drink every time Penny threatens to go Jr. Rodeo on someone
Take a drink every time Leonard acts like a stalker, or uses deception to get closer to Penny
Take a drink every time Sheldon is betrayed by his friends.
Take a drink every time Sheldon looks, touches, or says something inappropriately sexy to Penny
Etc, etc.......
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales, devilbk, Berliner
(03-28-2014, 11:26 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Take a drink every time Leonard acts like a stalker, or uses deception to get closer to Penny

I'm not sure if my local liquor store has that much alcohol in supply ... Confused
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 2 users Like Berliner's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz