SpongeBob Buspants
I don't even know why my brain does this. Seriously. I'm going to blame Major Gripe and Toad. This is your fault. Not so much a ficlet, as a mental image I lack the ability to draw. This is a hint, btw...

The evening tide washed all sorts of creatures up, and made the dinner shift at the Krabcake Factory a mixed experience.

A seahorse and a small sea anemone were bent over the menu. The whelk was furtively watching the kitchen door. He was hoping that that pretty pink starfish would come and serve them again, brightened when she came out with her order pad.

Penny was slightly less delighted to see the group, but pasted on a smile. They did at least tip well.

The skinny shrimp who seemed to be the leader of this motley band turned both his eyestalk towards her, and tapped an admonishing claw on the table.

“I'll have the krabby patty...”

“...with the seaweed, algae and krill on the side, yeah, I know.” She was already noting it down. “You never order anything else.”

“I might, if you let me finish my order.”

“Oh?” She waited.

“But I'm not going to.”

“Yeah, I didn't think so.” Turned to the seahorse.“You decided what you want, sweetie?”

The seahorse squeaked, turned pale blue and rolled his tail up.

“He'll have the seaweed souffle.” The sea anemone said, and waved a couple of tentacles towards her. “And may I say how particularly ravishing you look this evening?”

“Not unless you want me to tie those in a knot, put 'em away.” Penny said, unimpressed. “Anyway, you ready to order?”

“What would you recommend for a polyp on the go? I'm basically one large muscle, if you know what I mean.”

“Marinated in vinegar and tempura fried?”

The anemone hunched right in.

“I'll have the seaweed souffle, too.”

“Actiniaria.” Sheldon sniffed. “He can't help talking out of his anus, it's the way he's made.”

“Yeah, that's...pleasant.” Penny blinked, turned to the whelk, who blew a few eager bubbles.

“I'll have the carrion platter, but hold the clams...”

“Yes, we certainly don't want a repeat of the quahog incident, it made the crevice untenable.”

“Okay, thank you.” Leonard gritted, pulling his shell down in embarrassment.

“One plate of stinky dead things, gotcha.” Penny tucked the pad away again, and drifted towards the kitchen. Leonard extruded himself out again to look after her, wistfully. Sheldon sighed, clicked his chela.

“Honestly, Leonard. She's a predator, she'd evert her stomach and eat you.”

“But what a way to go...”
The following 10 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Toad, devilbk, lewstonewar, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Wisp, Berliner, Nutz